Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

Cool Games that are Coming Out

Oh, I finally saw the new Death Stranding trailer. I liked it well enough. Cool to see that they've got Hannibal on board. I was more surprised to see Guillermo Del Toro in it, though. I mean, I know he and Hideo are buddies so I wouldn't be surprised to hear he is working on it in some capacity, I was just surprised to see him IN IT. But I'm not complaining.

I'd like to know more about the actual gameplay, but the cinematics sure are a movie I would watch. Hopefully the game is a game I would play.

2 hours ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

I'd like to know more about the actual gameplay. 

More? Do we know anything at all? :) I'm not that into Kojima so I might have missed some info though. 

On 12/4/2016 at 2:42 AM, CecilRousso said:

More? Do we know anything at all? :) I'm not that into Kojima so I might have missed some info though. 

It's Kojima.  His games have been slowly turning into movies the way it is.  Wouldn't be surprised if it's announced as a Netflix series instead.

He stated in one early interview that he expects it to be an action adventure, but that doesn't tell a whole lot.

We know it's not an RTS?

Interesting discussion on Neogaf with a whole thread pretty much demanding that Gearbox and People Can Fly give the new version of Bulletstorm to all previous owners, despite being quite a complicated situation. 

It would be nice of them, and I kinda understand as that sort of thing has become sorta common on Steam... buuuuut I will be surprised if that happens.

That only happens when the rights holders of both versions and the developers of both versions are one and the same.

14 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

That only happens when the rights holders of both versions and the developers of both versions are one and the same.

Exactly why I don't think it will happen.

But player/enduser reasoning =/= publisher/developer/rights-holder reasoning

therefore rabble rabble rabble

If EA has gotten all the money from the sales, holds the title for sale even today, and are the ones that have to accept an update being done to it, then I would say people should be on their backs for a free update to happen.

And while $50 is a silly price for a remaster for a relatively new game like this, I do want the devs to not be afraid to make money from it. Be generous when you're in a position to be so, but don't weaken yourself before that. Not when it comes to commercial products.

The rights to make and sell a remaster of the game is an asset to them, and they would be foolish to give it away to easily. Especially when most customers have paid next to nothing for the game on sales.

Edited by CecilRousso

34 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

What does EA have to do with anything?

They published Bulletstorm, they're the ones who are selling the current Games for Windows Live infested version on Steam, and they're most likely the ones who have pocketed all the money for ~400k sold copies.

Edited by CecilRousso

Absolutely didn't like Valkyria Chronicles, as I thought the combat system and encounter design were aaaawful.

But apparently in the new one, they are revamping everything, including the combat system, updating it from turn based to a more real-time-ish combat system. (I'm guessing "real time with customizable AI" means a gambit-type system that a lot of RPGs are using now---cf. Dragon Age, Xenoblade Chronicles, etc).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/14/valkyria-revolution-hits-ps4-ps-vita-spring-2017/

I might actually check it out if the combat is better. I love the style of the first game; it was just terrible to play.

Edited by Anemone

In typical AAA fashion, this trailer is all cinematic and zero gameplay, but even so.... DRAGON QUEST

This is pretty cool, since I don't know any other case when the creator of a game helped with development and promotion of a mod - before the mod was released. 

Long War Studios, the development outfit responsible for great XCOM 2 PC content such as the “Alien Pack” and the “Perk” and “Laser Pack” mods, has a new name: Pavonis Interactive, and a new web site. And the team has been working on something ambitious. We’ll be sharing more in the coming weeks so stay tuned.In the meanwhile, make sure you’re following the XCOM 2 Steam Community hub so you don’t miss any future announcements on XCOM 2. Knowledge is power, Commander.

Be sure to follow XCOM on Twitter and Like XCOM on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest information on XCOM 2. If you’re looking to enlist with the Resistance, join the 2K Forums

Edited by CecilRousso

On 5.1.2017 at 11:05 PM, CecilRousso said:

This is pretty cool, since I don't know any other case when the creator of a game helped with development and promotion of a mod - before the mod was released. 

Long War Studios, the development outfit responsible for great XCOM 2 PC content such as the “Alien Pack” and the “Perk” and “Laser Pack” mods, has a new name: Pavonis Interactive, and a new web site. And the team has been working on something ambitious. We’ll be sharing more in the coming weeks so stay tuned.In the meanwhile, make sure you’re following the XCOM 2 Steam Community hub so you don’t miss any future announcements on XCOM 2. Knowledge is power, Commander.

Be sure to follow XCOM on Twitter and Like XCOM on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest information on XCOM 2. If you’re looking to enlist with the Resistance, join the 2K Forums

Very cool!

I was about to post this in the "Post more I'm bored" thread, but it felt like it would have been quite a switch from the current topic discussed there, so a thread with Cool in it's title will have to do, even if it's from an already released game. 

This is footage posted a few days ago from Elite: Dangerous, and it's one of the coolest thing I've ever seen from a game. It's one player jumping into hyperspace, which in that game is pretty much just a loading screen, but something happens. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsga26eiDPE

Context: 

The ship he encounters is a Thargoid ship. An alien race in Elite, that's been included in previous entries, and from what I understand is a big part of that universe, but wasn't in Elite: Dangerous, the latest game. But After recent updates, players hade started to see different signs of them though, including wreckage on planets, and now this confirms that they are there. And with the game not having had major updates for some months now, it means that the devs patched this encounter in a time ago, but it's only now that players have triggered it.

:) 

Also fund it a little more maybe? Be nice if it got on PC. I DO have a Dreamcast and Shenmue 1 & 2, but....I'd just rather have it all on my PC.

2 minutes ago, Anemone said:

Honestly? I actually completely forgot about that game. 

I almost forgot about that too.  It looked like a Devil May Cry ripoff.

Speaking of console exclusives, really looking forward to Sea Of Thieves

If a game has problems, it might be time to cancel it, but Microsoft are giving few reasons to potential customers to buy a XBOX One nowadays. 

16 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Speaking of console exclusives, really looking forward to Sea Of Thieves

As far as I understand, that will be released on PC as well.

1 minute ago, Anemone said:

As far as I understand, that will be released on PC as well.

As with all Microsoft games, since they're merging XBOX with Windows 10. 

1 minute ago, CecilRousso said:

As with all Microsoft games, since they're merging XBOX with Windows 10. 

It's like MS burst into the console scene, had one moderate domestic success, then a pretty good domestic success (albeit failure abroad), and now they are slowly backing out of the room and pretending like none of this ever happened.

31 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

I never even heard of it.

It didn't really get press coverage besides E3.

20 minutes ago, Anemone said:

It's like MS burst into the console scene, had one moderate domestic success, then a pretty good domestic success (albeit failure abroad), and now they are slowly backing out of the room and pretending like none of this ever happened.

Well, it was always a bit weird that they spent so much money on something that completely separated from Windows. That they're merging them now makes sense, but it of course also means that they're out to mess with a lot of what people like with PC's as a result of it. 

And while I don't think that they want people to forget the XBOX brand, I'm not sure how well that and the Windows brand will play with each other if they launch a new XBOX that's an even less disguised Windows machine then the current XBOX's.