Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

Cool Games that are Coming Out

Sucks for the devs, but I won't support the normalization of Denuvo, even if Sonic Mania looks fun. 

Welp, there's still Sonic Forces, right?  Also, how will Destiny 2 do next week?

Brand new original character, Android 21 will be in the upcoming DBZ fighting game, Dragonball FighterZ.

kUaVfUG.jpg

Anyone here playing Divinity: Original Sin 2? I have pretty much no experience of the series, but the positive buzz surrounding this game is making me very interested in the game. 

Voices seem a bit off, the art style is a tad generic from the look of it, but it has been praised for it's writing. 

The Witness is out on the Ipad. Has anyone tried it out? It's definitely interesting to me, if the controls are functional.

I've beaten the game on PC and can talk for ages about it, and then some more, but I assume it's how well it works on iPad you're interesting in? 

The Witness is fantastic. I've been playing it and documenting my progress with YouTube videos. I love that it doesn't hold your hand or overtly tell you outright what to do, but it does guide you if you pay close attention. Fantastic feeling of overcoming odds of what you think you can't handle.....if you don't mind lots and lots of maze puzzles. However, for being the same kind of puzzle everywhere they're surprisingly diverse in style and approach. Some of them ingeniously so. I've never tried it but I think it's perfectly suited for the iPad.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

I have a very good impression of the game in general, so it's the Ipad version I'm curious about. It would be perfect to play on the sofa on a Sunday.

I've had Red Redemption 1 for PS3 for a long time and have yet to play it. It's just sitting there. Given to me by a friend (except he lost the map...he didn't care about video game feelies >:( ).

28 minutes ago, epic said:

I was actually hoping that it wasn't going to end up being a direct prequel, what with Dutch being in it, but it's no big deal. It looks damn good.

Everyone should be talking about City Shrouded in Shadow. I'm just hoping it gets an English release for Asian regions.

Edited by Leroy Octopus

So it's a looooong time until it comes out, but Paul Ford and Fred Reiche III just announced that they're making a sequel to Star Control II.

https://dogarandkazon.squarespace.com/

Star Control II is one of the best games I have ever played. It's a great mix between an adventure game, an action game and sort of an exploration game. The story is really good, the characters and dialogue are fantastic, and the music is out of this world. Ford and Reiche have been making Skylanders games for an eternity now, and I'm really hoping they're able to go back to Star Control and make a new great game.

I'm really excited, but it's way too early, really.

Civilization VI is getting a huge expansion in February, and everything about it sounds great!

Capcom is teasing a Mega Man 30th Anniversary stream on Monday and the way they're teasing it and sending items like birthday cards to different news sites seems like way to much effort to just announce a new Collection or merchandise. I think Mega Man 11 is finally happening!

So, I wrote here a couple of months ago that the creators of Star Control II are making a sequel 25 yeats later, and that I'm really excited.

The thing is, the rights to Star Control are owned by Stardock, who are also making a Star Control game now. Stardock has publically stated that they are very supportive of the other game, but now the original creators are battling Stardock's claim of property ownership:

https://dogarandkazon.squarespace.com/blog/2017/12/1/there-were-many-great-battles-and-some-of-them-involved-lawyers

A crazy situation after all these years, and I'm crossing my fingers that this doesn't lead to the proper sequel being cancelled.

That sounds messy. Can symphatize with them, but it still is a bit weird to comment like this in public though? 

Yes, it's a little strange. I've followed them for years, and they have always been very friendly and funny in public. Something pretty big must have happened to make them do this. It might be indirectly related to Stardock, as they've had a long and rocky history with their ip rights, but Stardock is a super strange company, so who knows.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:44 PM, Leroy Octopus said:

Everyone should be talking about City Shrouded in Shadow. I'm just hoping it gets an English release for Asian regions.

I WANT

Gorogoa finally has a release date! A lot of people have been following the development for a long time. I've been at it since I played the brilliant demo in 2012, after it won an Indiecade award.

After 5 years waiting they finally announce the release date and it's for December 14th, just over a week from now!

Death Stranding might be great, and have some profound meaning. For me, it just looks like a fever dream, and my hype for it is zero. :P