Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

Cool Games that are Coming Out

I don't play GTA. 8^/

Sam here, urban environment sandbox games don't do anything for me. And the controls for GTA games are so bad I might as well try to play them with nails driven through every one of my fingers. Though I am interested in Saint's Row 3.

Damn, I should get GTA IV (The Complete Edition). I can't wait to see more information come up. Keep up the great work Rockstar.

I hope it gets a bit more goofy. gtaIV had that epic story, with less things to do around town. Saints Row set the bar higher

speaking of Saints Row... Anyone tried the initiation station yet? It's out on all platforms

I'm all for GTA V having more over-the-top missions and activities and more colorful characters. But I hope that they keep the overall tone of the story more down to earth. I really enjoyed playing what felt like a real crime drama with GTA IV. Leave the absolute insanity to Saints Row, they excel at it.

And I have not yet. But I'm gonna go over to my room in a minute and download it post haste.

I've played all GTA games since GTA III. I hope they fix the control issues and have less of the super annoying "Do it again, stupid" mission structure.

Yes, the missions need checkpoints just like Red Dead Redemption.

Doesn't the Volywood sign mean it's set in a take-off of Los Angeles?

Or is San Adreas a take-off of Los Angeles?

Los Santos (Los Angeles) is apart of the state of San Andreas.

EDIT: Official press from Rockstar suggests that V is limited to a Los Santos location that expands to the country outside of the city. Might not be getting the whole of San Andreas to explore this go out. Which is fine by me. I find that the larger the map the more barren it tends to be. A map half again to twice as large as 4's is large enough for me to be sure that I'm getting an expansive but jam packed urban playground.

This is just what I'm reading though, here's the presser. Good news for multiplayer fans in there.

Doesn't the Volywood sign mean it's set in a take-off of Los Angeles?

Or is San Adreas a take-off of Los Angeles?

Los Santos (Los Angeles) is apart of the state of San Andreas.

EDIT: Official press from Rockstar suggests that V is limited to a Los Santos location that expands to the country outside of the city. Might not be getting the whole of San Andreas to explore this go out. Which is fine by me. I find that the larger the map the more barren it tends to be. A map half again to twice as large as 4's is large enough for me to be sure that I'm getting an expansive but jam packed urban playground.

This is just what I'm reading though, here's the presser. Good news for multiplayer fans in there.

Those things don't really fit together dude, unless they throw in other cities and stuff. Also, with the increase of disc space and power in the new consoles I don't see why they can't recreate the existing map in San Andreas and expand the outside areas as well. Unless they ran out of time, but I don't think that would be the case.

1. The fact that there is countryside and other low-development areas outside of a city hub does not exclude the term urban playground from describing the location.

2. I'm not saying I don't think San Andreas as a whole isn't in the game. The presser implies that it is at the very least heavily focused in Los Santos and makes no mention of the other two cities. If the whole of San Andreas was featured the presser would have said so.

So whether or not they had the time or resources is a moot point. They apparently decided to focus on the one city and some rural areas surrounding it this go around.

Cool, I hadn't heard about the new GTA. Has anyone seen those graphical mods for PC GTA4? I can't find them now, but they made the game look amazingly cool. I can't wait to see how amazing future games will look.

I absolutely can not wait for Bioshock Infinite, it looks simply delightful. I'm so glad that I'll have a better computer before the time it comes out!

Does anyone know if this Anno 2070 game is any good? It looks okay but on the other hand... Ubisoft.

If it's a PC game, stay as far away from it as possible. You do not want to deal with Ubisoft's DRM.

Every time I look at the current selection of games, I feel sad for this industry. Luckily, I know Fable 4 will change everything.

Careful, Pete. Your horse riding simulator might give Bethesda some ideas!

Every time I look at the current selection of games, I feel sad for this industry. Luckily, I know Fable 4 will change everything.

Careful, Pete. Your horse riding simulator might give Bethesda some ideas!

Bah! You can't even cook in fable. Or forge pretty pretty necklaces!

After many hours of play, I have discovered something of vital importance:

Dragons hate one thing in the world more than anything else- Cabbages. You're a farmer and its time to harvest your lovely heads? BAM! Dragons!

We must destroy every Cabbage in Tamrial. It's the only way.

Sign in to follow this