Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

Cool Games that are Coming Out

My hats off to Bidiot for pulling it off. I've been trying to figure out a way to do it for weeks...

I always thought Age of Mythology was pretty fun. Didn't have the polish of Age of Empires II, but it was enjoyable enough to play through twice.

However, the scenario "Tug of War"? Fuck that scenario. It took me dozens of tries to get through, and I consider myself to be pretty damn decent when it comes to RTS. And it wasn't dozens of tries because of bad strategy, it was dozens of tries because the slow moving cart would get caught on bits of scenery and had the worst tracking I've seen in an RTS. Once, I tried to send it to my base and it just turned around and started heading back to the enemy's base. Just thinking about that shit has raised my blood pressure, I swear.

Judging from the internet I guess the only reason people were interested in Watch Dogs is because 'omg grafixxx!!'

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oVeOKbUFplE

Do you remember the Sierra classic Jones in the Fast Lane? Norwegian developer Inconspicuous AS is working on a game heavily inspired by it called Heroes in the Fast Lane (I don't know if there are legal issues with picking such a similar name).

Do you remember the Sierra classic Jones in the Fast Lane? Norwegian developer Inconspicuous AS is working on a game heavily inspired by it called Heroes in the Fast Lane (I don't know if there are legal issues with picking such a similar name).

"In the fast lane" is a common phrase, so I doubt there will be any trouble, since copyright and trademark law doesn't allow people to claim ownership of words and phrases that are part of the common vernacular.

Smash bros just went from an 11 to a 15 in awesome

BgmC56ndgeg

He's the evolved form of Froakie. The water starter from Pokemon X & Y. He's pretty hype.
Ya he pretty awesome, plus charazard is now his own charictor and I think his final smash is to mega evolve.

Transistor's release date has been announced for 20th May 2014 http://supergiantgames.com/index.php/2014/04/transistor-arrives-may-20-on-ps4-and-pc/

I'm really excited Bastion was such a wonderful game and I was expecting a much longer wait for Transistor...

Shame it comes out half way through my exams but I guess it will be something to look forward to at the end...

Transistor's release date has been announced for 20th May 2014 http://supergiantgames.com/index.php/2014/04/transistor-arrives-may-20-on-ps4-and-pc/

I'm really excited Bastion was such a wonderful game and I was expecting a much longer wait for Transistor...

Shame it comes out half way through my exams but I guess it will be something to look forward to at the end...

That's sooner than i was expecting. I'm really looking forward to this game.

I just hope they are making the same improvements on Civ and Civ 2 that Alpha Centauri did originally. The main aspects I remember and cherish from that game and it's expansion are the awesome characterisations, civilopaedia, technology videos and quotes and quips. The gameplay of AC was just a smidge better than Civ2, the map however was a bit samey and graphically dull and desaturated, but the characterisations, man the factions and tech of that game were awesomely presented. From the screenshot it seems they haven't gone with the same desaturated graphics as AC: I hope they have managed to keep the character and presentation as awesome as it was in AC though.

Looks very promising. I just hope that they don't try to emulate Alpha Centauri to much, but rather do their own version of it, like they did with XCOM. Alpha Centauri is one the greatest strategy games their is, but it never ends well when a different team tries to rebuild exact replicas.

All I can say is, finally this is what I have been waiting for

ywGSON9tNq0

Sign in to follow this