Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chief Wakamakamu

Action Forums Action Game Action Brainstorm Action

Alright, I sent the PMs. Time to brace my inbox for the oncoming wave of messages

Edit: Wait, did they even get sent? I've never sent a PM to more than one person, may have screwed up somewhere

Alright, I sent the PMs. Time to brace my inbox for the oncoming wave of messages

Edit: Wait, did they even get sent? I've never sent a PM to more than one person, may have screwed up somewhere

Don't worry, I got mine.

OH HEY CARL. When you get all the replies, tell me who wants to be in it. Please?

First 1000 people? On just the first page of the members list there are people who don't come by anymore (or not as often)

But sure, go for it, if they have it set to get PM notifications in their e-mail inboxes maybe it'll draw their attention and they'll come back

hey I just got a PM asking for OPINIONS so I am giving mine 8Uc

1) What is the ultimate goal of the game? What are our heroes seeking to do? Is there some kind of turmoil, and what is it?

aaa I have no idea I just think up silly side plot stuff 8U But if i think of soemthing then I shall tell you~

2) Who wants to be what in the game? (NPC, enemy, ally, boss, etc.)

I honestly wouldn't mind being like a shop keeper if we're not doing princesses or whatever 8Uc you know those games where they have the EXACT SAME SHOPKEEPER in EVERY store in EVERY town? yeah I can be that person who runs a Gemeralda General Store for basic items and such~

And there wouldn't be remarks like, "HEY WELCOME BACK GUYS~"

"....DIDN'T I SEE YOU BEFORE?"

"YEAH."

"IN THE LAST TOWN?"

"...I DUNNO 8Uc"

just goofy stuff like that~

now I want to concept art the store thing~

hey I just got a PM asking for OPINIONS so I am giving mine 8Uc

1) What is the ultimate goal of the game? What are our heroes seeking to do? Is there some kind of turmoil, and what is it?

aaa I have no idea I just think up silly side plot stuff 8U But if i think of soemthing then I shall tell you~

2) Who wants to be what in the game? (NPC, enemy, ally, boss, etc.)

I honestly wouldn't mind being like a shop keeper if we're not doing princesses or whatever 8Uc you know those games where they have the EXACT SAME SHOPKEEPER in EVERY store in EVERY town? yeah I can be that person who runs a Gemeralda General Store for basic items and such~

And there wouldn't be remarks like, "HEY WELCOME BACK GUYS~"

"....DIDN'T I SEE YOU BEFORE?"

"YEAH."

"IN THE LAST TOWN?"

"...I DUNNO 8Uc"

just goofy stuff like that~

now I want to concept art the store thing~

YES I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE DOING CONCEPT ART ANYMORE.

Also, I love it when they do that in games.

Aww, sorry man. Nothing personal, just slipped my mind

Everyone's welcome to suggest regardless if I sent you a PM or not. Here are the questions if you don't feel like combing back a few pages:

2) Who wants to be what in the game?

This one has to do with gameplay: random encounters, yes or no? RPG Maker sticks by really traditional rules, so random encounters are there by default. Would you guys rather spend more time in the game leveling up or exploring the world?

1. We should keep the story simple, what zerg wrote up pretty much.

2. I can be what ever position you can fill me into, a bad guy, minor char, a quest giver ect.

@ tikara you should dance like the secret of mana shopkeepers

Edit: i would go for a good balance of random encounters and exploration.

1. The Crsytal Hearts of the land, its lifeblood in the form of four young maidens have been kidnapped by some mysterious and evil force. And upon a sacred day, at a sacred hour this force will force the girls into their true Crsytal form and shatter them breaking down the laws of the land so that it may reshape it for it's dark purposes. It's up to our hero, the last surviving guardian of The Crystal Hearts (each heart has about three guardians), to gather a party of heroes to help him/her to save the Crystal Hearts and save the land.

2. I want to be a recruitable party member. A fearsome pirate with a romantic past like Westley/Dread Pirate Roberts in the Princess Bride.

3. More time exploring.

That's my take anyway.

Ok I have no idea what's going on anymore. So are we not using my story now, cause I kinda started on the other ideas for quest one and now it's not that anymore so ya.

1. I don't know about the story, maybe something ridiculous, like the main character having to find hid pencil (and finds a demonic cult dedicated to finding the dark secrets of the pencil)

2. I would like to be either A) a playable character that uses music based weapons (starting with an Ipod or something and moving up to a real instrument, and defensive items being distortion peddles and amps and whatnot) or B) a vendor in one or more towns that yells and cussing at people for buying stuff ( even if its the best weapon/armor in the game) and at the same time complains about what music you listen (no matter what music, even if I actually like it) I can write rants for every little type of music for the dialogue)

3. Exploration, and finding all the little DFAF/game/nerd references you can throw in to the conversations and signs and stuff.

4. The levels will all be forums ranks, and all characters that are current members start at their current ranks (scarecrow can be the final/hidden member, newbs can be found early on in the game) and everybody can rank up to the top level.

5. Hot's previous identities have to be enemies in the form of electronic ghosts, doomed to walk the landscape (optional bosses)

Let's narrow it down to just,

1. Do you want to be a playable character?

2. Do you want to design yourself/write your dialogue?

3. Would you like to do concept art/help with production?

4. Do you have a copy of rpg maker?

5. Would you be willing to use it to help us?

1. Nope. I'm fine being an NPC

2. I'll take insanity's design and write some dialogue I guess

3. Yes to concept art

4. Yes

5. Yes

Edit: What Scarecrow said. I was kind of hoping a question like "what is the heroes' goal" would be answered with something along the lines of "save the world" or "unite the peoples" or "reduce taxes" or something

1. I like the vendor idea

2. I'll just write the dialouge

3. I'll write some music if I have some free time (midi of course)

4. No, but I think I can get one

5. If I do, then yes

This is why online collaborations don't work. Everyone is all firing off what they think a thing should be at once and soon it's nothing but a tangled mess of frustration.
This, this right here. I think we were doing good till the suggestion came up cause we have TOO MANY IDEAS being thrown around.

Edit: What Scarecrow said. I was kind of hoping a question like "what is the heroes' goal" would be answered with something along the lines of "save the world" or "unite the peoples" or "reduce taxes" or something

Naw, don't feel that way. Everyone's welcome

Just that we got overloaded in the ideas department. I just thought it was pretty clear that if a game was going to happen it'd wouldn't be anything grand and figured you guys would have adjusted your ideas accordingly

I say we leave the writing to zerg, and if we need anything changed we talk to him

Im gonna ask this for the 100000th time becuase no one ever answers me...

CAN I HAVE A THEME SONG?

Yes, I will write it. MWAHAHA.

That'd be pretty sweet if you could write up some music for the game, Snoot

If you don't want to, thats okay too. Program's got some music we can use. And like Mike said theres always Newgrounds. It's not all that vital at this stage, still need to figure out how to work this thing. In the meantime I'm gonna draw up a map for the Shrine based on zerg's draft

Anyone that wants to be included in that particular part of the world? Just as a bystander, mind. We won't be getting into story elements until we can figure out how to script events

Dear god no

And even if you wanted to you're going to have to fight the other shippers. Carl and Milk OTP, bitches

I can do music, I have a bunch of RPG ish midi music I'm not using. Also anything Mandalorian can be used only if you give credit though.

Sign in to follow this