Sign in to follow this  
Double Fine QA

Stacking issues, concerns, or problems: Legacy Thread

Platform: 360

Level: Triple Decker Train

I completed the level, but wanted to go back and pick up the dolls and Hi-Jinks I'd missed. Unfortunately I am stuck at Coal Car (with the big padlock). When playing the game through first time when I appraoched the Coal Car a cutscene played and the other members of the family appeared. I then stacked into them and used the biggest doll to open the padlock. This time the family has not appeared and I am stuck. I cannot return to the train station and I cannot progress through the level. Please help.

Thanks,

PS. Awesome game, despite this little bug. :)

I've completed the first two "Break out of the Brig" challenges as well as all the others on the zeppelin. Now I can't get back into the brig. The guards just say "I'm taking you to the brig!" and "There he is, get 'em!", etc. They just chase me and run up to me but don't take me anywhere and I haven't managed to find a way back in to complete the last challenge where you have to push the roller skate.

I'm having the same problem on the PS3, except the challenges I've completed are the fire and the skate (1 and 3). I can't seem to get arrested.

Since it happened, I've proceeded on and completed the game, and it still seems to be the case... I have bought the DLC, so maybe the fix for the other bug with this set of puzzles broke this?

I've completed the first two "Break out of the Brig" challenges as well as all the others on the zeppelin. Now I can't get back into the brig. The guards just say "I'm taking you to the brig!" and "There he is, get 'em!", etc. They just chase me and run up to me but don't take me anywhere and I haven't managed to find a way back in to complete the last challenge where you have to push the roller skate.

I'm having the same problem on the PS3, except the challenges I've completed are the fire and the skate (1 and 3). I can't seem to get arrested.

Since it happened, I've proceeded on and completed the game, and it still seems to be the case... I have bought the DLC, so maybe the fix for the other bug with this set of puzzles broke this?

As far as i can tell they have no plans to FIX the BUG. The last i heard from Double Fine was 3 months ago and at that point they advise you basically start a new game and do all the Breaking the Brig challenges before completing that level. They state it takes 15 minutes to get back to that point.

It took me roughly an hour to get back to that point and complete the 2 trophies that were not working because of the BUG.

On a personal note. The fact the bug still exists is frustrating and whilst i can appreciate costs involved versus gain achieved. I would like to say that last hour playing Stacking left me completely out of love with what was a great game. The experience has been spoilt and i'll definitely be reluctant with future releases.

You cannot delete a patch on PS3.

You can delete the entire game and redownload it. But then the mandatory patch system kicks in.

My biggest problem with the whole affair is the fact neither Sony, THQ or Double Fine seem to think warning customers is worth their time. Fair enough they aren't fixing it. But at least let people know so they can just avoid it in the first place!

Hi,

When I complete Various of Achievements they won't Unlock and I get a Generic Screen that states "Your Achievements Will Appear Here."

Is this some kind of glitch?

Hello, i am experiencing motion sickness symptoms with Stacking as well. Just played Costume Quest (which was fine and very playable for me), and downloaded the Stacking demo.

Quite a charming game, but 5 Minutes of playing and I felt nauseous and dizzy.

I really love your studios work, and would like to play more games you made, so please in future games, take care about this issue. Maybe have some special beta testers with motion sickness problems test your games (Nintendo did that extensively with Mario Galaxy, which I could play without experiencing any of these symptoms).

Greets and thanks from Germany,

Michael..

Hi guys,

I was super psyched to play Stacking on pc; as my Xbox gave up on living just as it released on XBLA... but my game seems to have this strange graphical glitch!

Everything is a little see through. Like you can't see the characters face fully when he's turned/turning to you, and background objects appear in the foreground or through floors. See attached pic from the opening level (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995063120/screenshot/506893103254630505?tab=public).

My specs are rated 5.9 on the Windows Experience Index; but my pc contains:

• Windows 7 Pro

• Intel Dual Core 2.4ghz

• 3 gb RAM

• ATI Radeon HD 5670 - 1gb Graphic Card

I updated my graphic card and DirectX drivers to no avail. :(

2012-03-13_00001.jpg

2012-03-13_00001.jpg.affd97828673b8ef952

mrrockrock, you're probably forcing MSAA in your gfx drivers. Turn that off (use application defaults/no overrides) and it'll be fine.

Hello guys!

First of all i would like to say, that Stacking is really good game, very enjoyable, great music and idea.

Now, my problem.

At the beginning of game, Challenge 1 – Empty the Lounge.

Well, i think my photo will describe it better ^^

Suddenly, all the dolls turn black, i tried everything, turn off all the graphic options, change resolution, but nothing works.

Configuration:

PC

C2D e4300

2gb RAM

Graphic GeForce 7900GS 256 new drivers

StackingUno.jpg

StackingUno.jpg.c6d431678342118c3a6d6e0a

Hi 481516,

A couple of questions: When the dolls go black, do they stay that way when you move around to different rooms, or is it a temporary glitch? Also, if you exit and restart the game, are the dolls still black or do they render correctly?

Your video card is technically just below minimum specs, but the bug you describe sounds more like a problem in Stacking, since it rendered the dolls correctly at first. We'll see if we can repro the problem and fix it.

Thanks!

@David F.

Thanks for reply. Dolls are moving and i can interact with them, the problem is i don't know how they look so it's kinda painful during puzzles.

When i restart the game, dolls look normal, but after a short time they turn black again.

Thanks-A-STACK :P That was very helpful! Now I can venture forth into Df's land of whimsy. HUZZAH!

For me (playing on a 360) the monkey on the race track won't use the brakes. Nothing happens when I press the 'A' button. I already restarted once because I had the problem described in #117. I really don't feel like restarting again but in case I do in what order should I do the Zeppelin challenges? I'd hate to do everything again only to run into another glitch.

And BTW, when I started playing I too got motion sickness after a few minutes. Seem to have gotten used to it now.

Are you holding A to brake? You need to hold it down, not just press it.

I don't remember holding it down the first time I played the Zeppelin but maybe I did it accidentally. I'll try that. Thank you. (I take it the jail thing is the only known problem?)

Yeah, the brig bug is unfixable on consoles absent a patch, which so far THQ has not supported. It is fixed in the PC/Steam version.

I have this terrible graphical glitch whenever opening the game.

Every time I open the game i can see the insides of the dolls and some things are partially transparent or randomly overlapping other objects.

Alienwho, make sure you're not forcing MSAA on through your drivers. Leave the game to run in it's default settings. Forced MSAA is the most common cause of garbled visuals we see players get.

Stacking on Steam for PC has an issue with several controllers (my saitek p880 being one of them).

The camera axis are switched, so everything is a quarter turn off where it should be.

Left is up, Down is left, Right is down, Up is right.

simple fix: allow an option for rebinding axis on the controller setup menu.

There seem to be some textures missing for me in the hat shop at the rail station. I just see white, extremely bright walls there.

Lookie here!

While the following is not a bug, it's extremely counterintuitive: I hate it that I have to move the sliders with the up and down direction keys while the sliders are oriented horizontally, so it would make much more sense to move them with left and right! The menus are cumbersome to use with a gamepad as a result.

I've run into a problem with the "get the gits a gig" challenge on the PC version. I've completed the first puzzle but I cannot complete the other two. The doorman will let me in through the first set of doors but there are a second set of doors behind them which will not open. Anyone else had this problem?

Hi.

After finishing Stacking (the storyline, that is), I wanted to enter again the prison cell to look for tricks I missed there.

It turns out I cannot enter the cell: the guard standing in front of it spots me, says a line, runs toward me and stop in front of me (if I move toward him while he moves toward me, I can even get under him when he stops). At that point, he keeps repeating his lines without throwing me in jail...

Same happens at least with the other guard, in the race room (though I don't know if that one is actually supposed to throw me in jail).

Before leaving that level for the first time, I could re-enter the prison once (before I decided to move on), so I miss one trick out of three (I can tell which I unlocked, but I'm trying to avoid spoilers by default ;) ).

I'm playing on PS3, french version.

I have a similar problem to 481516. All the Russian dolls get rendered black while I'm in certain areas. If I leave the area they all switch back to normal until I go back, I've tried restarting the game and alternating all the graphics options but to no avail.

My Spec is:

XPS M1710

2GB RAM

Intel Core CPU 2.16GHz

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX

Windows 7 32bit

Mightyjimmy, a few things:

* Make sure you are not forcing MSAA on in your gfx options.

* Install latest video card drivers (that vid card is pretty old)

If all that fails, you may be out of luck. The regular version of your GPU is very close to our minimum spec and it's possible that the mobile version you have cut one too many corners.

Nathan just tryed both your suggestions with no luck. Nevermind I'm getting an upgrade soon.