Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdgyMcSpoon

If You Loved Stacking and Want to Thank Double Fine Publicly, Post Here?

I signed up here just to say that I loved this game! It was a lot of fun. Please say you'll be making some dlc or even a full sequel. That would be awesome.

Stacking was one of the most creative, original and fun games I've played in quite a while and I loved it.

Honestly though I expect no less from double fine I have loved every game released so far SO MUCH!

Stacking is wonderful, I love the style and it is flawlessly fun throughought (not surprising though, with it being a Double Fine game). Thanks to everyone who made it so great.

I thought this would probably be the right thread to mention the Stacking review in the current issue (number 107) of Games TM, one of the main multi-format games magazines in the UK. It's a glowing review, culminating with a score of 9 out of 10, though not before calling the game "a carefully-oiled engine of pure pleasure in which nary a second...is spent without experiencing some form of enjoyment" as well as "a near-perfect blend of design and gameplay". More or less the review's only criticism is that they wanted more of the game, but I think we all feel that way, and, as criticisms go, to say that is as much of a compliment as a critique. Games TM finishes the review by saying that Stacking is "way up there with the best download has to offer" and although that might initially seem like too little praise, as it is surely actually up there with the best gaming as a whole has to offer, considering how many thousands of downloadable games there are in existence, to say Stacking is one of the best is actually quite a reverent comment.

The main reason I have mentioned all this is because I didn't know how familiar Double Fine staff is with the British gaming press, and I thought some of the company might not be aware of this review. I hope this serves as further proof, if any were needed, that your game was a great success and is beloved around the world.

Cheers.

-Finch

Thanks for a great game Double Fine my and my girlfriend love the game youll know who i am if you see the stacking FB page me and my gf talk about stacking together some times hint my names Liam..... xD

You are so right on EdgyMcSpoon. Your post is exactly why I got on to Double Fine's website and forums. Well, not your post but the Stacking game. But your post says it all for me too. Good one!

Definitely late to the party, but I picked up Stacking and Hobo King when they were on sale and am just getting into them. Definitely one of the most unique concepts I've ever seen in a game, and I absolutely love it. I love games that have things to find and collect, and this absolutely fits the bill. Right now I'm working on the circus boat/cruise level. I thought it was awesome that the pied piper lured children AND rats...brilliant. I'm looking forward to more time with the game! :)

Sign in to follow this