Double Fine Action Forums

They're still Activision. All it means is that they'll be hopping on some other franchise and drive that straight to hell

they already have hopped on another franchise. the mass hasn't realised it yet

CoD... I used to love it, CoD2 is still one of my favourite WWII FPS's.

MW2 Killstreaks killed the game. no BlOps for me, even though all my gaming friends have it

WELL THEN...! ...hm, anyone else feel a shimmer of happiness in their heart and a glisten of hope on the horizon? LET'S THROW A PARTY.

Honestly I can't say I'm sad. Guitar Hero needed to end a long time ago.Activision and Robert Kotick's terrible ways must now follow this path.

edit: lol I used the wrong coding. SILLY ME.

WELL THEN...! ...hm, anyone else feel a shimmer of happiness in their heart and a glisten of hope on the horizon? LET'S THROW A PARTY.

Honestly I can't say I'm sad. Guitar Hero needed to end a long time ago.Activision and Robert Kotick's terrible ways must now follow this path.

The thing everyone seems to be losing sight of is that Activision is putting all that recouped development money into COD. So nothing has changed with them really, hell, it's just gotten worse.

I'm not surprised... but I agree. Activision needs to die, preferably in fire. >.>

But I don't really mind. Always been more of a Frets on Fire fan.

(But Activision are about to ruin my childhood memories FOREVER *cough* exaggeration *cough*, looking at the way they're treating the Spyro franchise.)

I was kinda shocked to hear this. Those were some big franchises for Activision. Peeps have kinda been predicting that something like this would happen if they continued their ways. Seems like that has partly come true. It's really sad to see so many people lose their jobs because of this. Hopefully they can all find work soon.

Warriors of Rock: DEAD

Brutal Legend: AN ENTIRE FUCKING FRANCHISE!

You know that's why it got the sack, people played Brutal Legend and went "HAY! That Guitar Hero should be like this!"

Why else do you think Activision wanted Double Fine dead so badly? CAUSE THEY KNEW MAN! THEY KNEW IT WOULD KILL GUITAR HERO!!!

brutal legend didn't kill guitar hero. guitar hero killed itself.

Yeah, that was just a case of putting out too much of the same thing at the same time. It really was just one game with tons of DLC sold individually for max profit

People were going to get tired of it eventually. I don't know why Activision can't seem too get that idea in their heads

not to mention guitar hero was a little bit lame and cheesy compared to rock band. they could have changed up their game design a little and things might be different (in my opinion).

for example, i would like to see a console music game incorporate aspects of this addicting game:

http://www.gilligames.com/SOGRS/index.htm

Its funny how some of the Rock Band members are coming over to the GH forum saying

"You guys are welcome to join Rock Band anytime :D"

I mean its nice but its kind of funny :lol:

That doesn't sound nice at all.

*sigh* new Spyro game with a pad that read microchip or something and figurines that store ingame character data.

cool concept, but I'm not buying. Nintendo already tried that with E-reader.

I'd understand 10 collectable figurines. Why would anyone buy 30 of them?

The original Spyro built up a huge periphery demographic, particularly from people who'd played it as kids. The problem with this is... I just don't see the periphery demographic. :\

But what angers me more: Spyro now looks like a demonic chihuahua. o_o

The original Spyro built up a huge periphery demographic, particularly from people who'd played it as kids. The problem with this is... I just don't see the periphery demographic. :\

But what angers me more: Spyro now looks like a demonic chihuahua. o_o

My sister also made that comparison. She seems excited about the new game though.

Sign in to follow this