• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
pachuco

I want more Costume Quest

I would just like to thank everybody at Double Fine. I usually don't ever make a comment on companies official message boards, but I really loved Costume Quest. I just wanted somebody involved at the company to know that their work is appreciated.

I loved the story. It was funny, which is a staple of Double Fine games, but it was also very touching as well. I think back to the old Halloween specials of my youth, which played on many emotions (laughter, fear, whimsy, familial responsibility, etc.). I picked this game up during the PSN sale. After I finished the game, I felt a little bad that I didn't pick it up full price, so I downloaded the DLC and was immediately happy because I had two more hours of Costume Quest.

The main reason for this whole love fest is to plead with you to try to find a willing publisher to make some more DLC for this game. I would seriously buy a new Costume Quest every Halloween with a few DLC pack throughout the year (St. Patricks Day or Day of the Dead would be amazing!).

Love always, (Well, to be honest I didn't really like the strategy parts of Brutal Legend. But, other than that, always.)

Paul

Just because of that we are all going over to Microsoft and Sony and demand that Costume Quest be taken off.

You didn't hear about the President's Day DLC pack for this weekend?

j/k

Yeah- more CQ DLC!

thanks guys, and thanks for the nice message pachuco! we were definitely influenced by those old holiday specials- i'm glad you got that vibe. that's an awesome compliment that i passed on to the rest of the team :)

Hell, I just want the Costume Quest most of the people already have. They've never released the "Grubbins on ice" in the Russian PS Store.

I'd have to agree a Day of the Dead one would be awesome given Grim Fandango History.

That's what I'm saying. Synergy yo!

I got costume quest a couple weeks and was so sad that i beat in about six hours. Nothing against the game at all, though. Just enjoyed it so much that I flew through it. It is my absolute favorite game on Arcade. I picked it up after I started Brütal Legend, (saw the double fine logo and had to jump right on it) I would also snatch up any new DLC that you guys could put up. Keep up the awesome work.

I really look forward to a Costume Quest 2. I play this game more than my kids do. We would like for it to go back to Halloween though. Grubbins on Ice was fun, but the Halloween feel in the first game is awesome. Keep the costumes scary though. The unicorn and lady liberty were handy, but not really cool costumes. I'm talking about having: Gill-Man, Wolfman, Mummy, Frankenstein's Monster, Witch, Zombie, Ghost, Banshee, Headless Horseman, Slasher, and maybe a couple cute ones like a scarecrow, spider, owl and bat. Costume Quest is too good of a game to not make countless sequels. Samhain isn't too far off and Costume Quest really gets me in the mood.

I'm really just sad...no news at E3 of a sequel and no news anywhere else...why?

i know and worked w/a few game developers and it boils down to, the creative minds behind the games we grow to love just want to continue to expand and create other things.

everything since Brutal Legend has been so much more rewarding and enjoying than Brutal Legend has been. Of course I want more DLC for all the current XBL titles, I'm still waiting to hear if/when Trenched is getting it's DLC...but i'm guessing those ppl behind the curtain just want to move to the next project on a strong note. Tim Schafer said in an interview, we have this great engine from Brutal Legend and instead of making 1 game every couple years we're going to make 3-4 every year. It's working and they're doing great.

oh yeah, and I want more Costume Quest and Trenched please.

More Costume Quest would be amazing!

::EDIT:: I'd buy a full retail version of Costume Quest on launch day. You hear that publishers?

More Costume Quest would be amazing!

::EDIT:: I'd buy a full retail version of Costume Quest on launch day. You hear that publishers?

I'd buy day of release for a new Costume Quest too. I seriously beat the first game (it's my favorite) over and over again. I never liked RPG's, but love the original Costume Quest and the great Halloween feel that it gives you. I'm transported back to being a kid on Samhain night. I really hope that they consider creating a full-blown sequel that amps up that vibe of the greatest of all holidays.

Having recently finishing Costume Quest, I too am looking forward to future DLC.

Congradulations!

My children are already picking out what costume they will put together for Samhain (Halloween). I'm already seeing decorations out at the stores. It just really gets you in the mood for the season. Come on Double Fine, give us an announcement that you are beginning work on a follow-up to Costume Quest. But not involving another holiday though. Grubbin's on Ice was cool, but the games revolving around Halloween is much better.

dear double fine, i just joined your site also and i don't normally post on studio's forums but i need some more costume quest! the best part about last halloween was playing this game! i loved the art, the music, the story.... i want more! ill be in touch :)

dear double fine, i just joined your site also and i don't normally post on studio's forums but i need some more costume quest! the best part about last halloween was playing this game! i loved the art, the music, the story.... i want more! ill be in touch :)

Hell yes!