Sign in to follow this  
Double Fine QA

Once Upon A Monster first trailer!!!

Awww, it looks cute, alot of the scenery reminds me alot of Psychonauts. I might get this for my nephew, he can play it on my Xbox, even though he's only here at Christmas. I'm tempted to get it for myself, honestly. xD

Wow! It looks great! The world design looks so familiar. Can't wait to see more.

I think I'm going to buy this game for myself and tell no one.

My only excuse is I watched sesame street as a child and have very fond memories of it

so why can't I just indulge and buy a children's game if its made by one of my favorite developers? lol

now all I need is a Kinect but darn it I need more excuses then one game.

Child of Eden looks pretty good, and that game Suda 51 is making, also Sega's making a horror game

so that's 4 games I wonder if that justifies the price.

Its defiantly going to be something like a 2 headed Muppet baby.

I love all the different logo designs for each game

Haha! Great find, Leroy! I was thinking of a Bert and Ernie baby, but it looks like they came up with something already.

Funny, I recall from a very distant memory that those guys pictured up there were singing "Two Heads Are Better Than One".

:blank: Im not too sure about this "GAME TRAILER". The concepte and the Idea is fabulous. But here I go.

Pulling the Sesame Street characters into a CG environment should give the Monsters an almost eerie realistic feel. As if we are going into the actual Moster world without knowing that they are puppets for a childrens T.V. show. This Game just by the Idea has grounds for numerous amounts of sequels that could place Double Fine into the lead of childrens eduaction for the Kinect/XBOX.

I have been watching the trailer and gameplay of the Sesame Street game and it seems that there is a bit of unpolished features.

So, you have the Monsters moving free and breathing with life. but they don't seem to be doing that.

-Eyes aren't moving looking at things.

(Cookies eyes are googling about, the Big monster has eyes blinking I think its looking around but why is Elmo's so fixed?, also Cookie's?.

Even Grover for that 1 second looked like the monsters are still puppets, even less than how they act in real life. "This game is totaly animated and CG rite"?. Have them look around even look at you using the KINECT interface. Making them blink and look at each other. Many games miss how much simple eye movement can make a character feel so real. )

-Movement of the Monsters are not fluid.

(Im watching Cookie, Elmo and the Big moonster doing a posing game. Yes they are breathing, but why don't they have any real movement?. You can see the Pauses in the movements with every character, meaning "they walk. Pause. they wave. Pause. they turn. Pause." "you can see".

Ok, in one sequence they are standing one one leg. but once they get on that one leg shouldn't they be trying to balance themselves? giving the perception that they are actually doing the motions in a realistic way? Cookie is a Fat Monster why doesnt he fall on his Butt? and Elmo slowley rotating his arms to gain balance? I don't see any realism in any of these characters.

Elmo should be almost going eveywhere. You watch Elmo's World rite? Elmo has these choreographed places when he does his show from his introduction, to talking to Dorothy and Mr. Noodle, how he introduces things in his show to his song at the end. That sense of life that Elmo gives off is literally scary. You think he is so real. I think that should be shown in this game.

Even when Cookie comes on sesame street, when you see him come on stage its Hilarious. You guys watch "The Cookie Touch?" that one bit with Cookie turning everything into cookies is awsome. Even "Being Green", when Cookie has to answer phones for a marathon?. Fabulous.)

-The artwork is very nice and wonderfull to look at. The nightime flowers scene give off this "AVATAR planet look" thats sweet.

I hope you guys can bring in Sesame Street as well than just this Monster Land. You should also have the environment moving alot more. (trees, grass, clouds, more bugs. {Tweetle bugs}).

Have you guys checked out the KINECTIMALS??? do you guys know that that game is the "CUTESY BENCHMARK GAME FOR THE KINECT?"

Sesame Street should top this game by a far margin.

Every mini game in the Kinectimals should be in the Sesame street game. Plus 123's, ABC's, Shapes, Letters, and Words.

The Project NATAL when the Kinect was named first had a little boy that you could interact with. Are you going to do that with this game? will Elmo come up to the screen,? place his hands up looking at the player and say "Elmo Loves you"?. will it have that realistic heart warming effect?

you guys should have this game feeling as good as a fat Kid with Chocolate Cake.

I praise the Kinectimals game because my 3 Yr old son plays everyday. he truly thinks those cubs are real. and the satisfaction he gets from learning the game, to executing the game correctly, you should see the joy on this kids face.

I truly hope and wish the best for this game to come out. I don't want to see this game in the 9 dollar bargain bin at Toys "R" Us, nor I hope that this game will come out as an App. for the I-PAD

Please throw some Focus Groups on this game and Polish as hard as you can.

Sesame Street just needs that "Super Charge". Its gonna keep your JOB.

I have been watching the trailer and gameplay of the Sesame Street game and it seems that there is a bit of unpolished features.

Thank you for your detailed comments, but please remember that this trailer is for a game that is still a work in progress and it is not finished yet. This is just an early preview.

Thank you for your detailed comments, but please remember that this trailer is for a game that is still a work in progress and it is not finished yet. This is just an early preview.

I love you double fine forum mod person

just what you said there made me really excited to see how this game will turn out.

Hang on.

How am I supposed to know somthing like that?.

"Still a work in progress"??????!!?!?!?!?!?.

Fall is 6 months away. Why even show this to us.?

"Like this"???

Ahhh Man. You guys are the elite, Im just a stoopid consumer that just begs for a great game.

Good Luck Double Fine......

Dude, Win, chill out. They know what they are doing.

Also, they show the trailer to get people hyped, I think someone needs to go take a nap before their mind explodes.

Hang on.

"Like this"???

Ahhh Man. You guys are the elite, Im just a stoopid consumer that just begs for a great game.

:lol:

HAHAHAHA

Hang on.

"Like this"???

:lol:

HAHAHAHA

I laughed too. especially at "how can a game not be completely perfect and finished 6 months before its released?"

Idk about this one DF but i understand you gotta make a buck so you can buy back the rights for psychonauts.

Idk about this one DF but i understand you gotta make a buck so you can buy back the rights for psychonauts.

Err, actually DF already owns those rights since they're the ones that developed the game. They never sold the rights to anyone.

You might be thinking about BL, which DF had some legal issues with, but they still own the rights to that too