Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

Ron Gilbert’s secret project [new details]

It's really surprising that no one has started a separate thread about this. As most of you know, Ron Gilbert is now working with Double Fine on some secret game, and the only info about it is that it's very different from DeathSpank and "fans of those old adventure games will like it". Back in October, Ron posted a very strange sketch in his twitter, which (strangely enough) didn't receive much coverage.

Any guesses on what this game could be?

Maybe it's like burn the rope, but instead you have to put out the fire? :-P

I'm not sure what to make of it, clearly the pictures at the bottom are putting out a fire but then its just a bunch of numbers at the top.

Either way I'm looking forward to this game whatever it is and I really hope they include a hint system because I sucked at grim fandango

loved the game though.

Hmm.. intriguing. I love a good puzzle in an adventure game. I'm guessing those numbers are for a combination of switches that need to be set in a certain sequence in order to solve the puzzle (like buttons controlling an assembly line at a factory). I love being surprised though :)

Since all 4 "Amnesia Fortnight" projects are now open to the public, I can't wait for this game to be revealed. Can the DF members tell us anything about the date?

Still nothing? Well fair is fair, we have Trenched now (well most of us) EU.

The only stuffing in the pipe now is "Once Upon A Monster" for Kinect, and this alleged Gilbert project.

Can we have some deets please? Or else I'm bound to drop a beat-seas......

and by deets I mean details!

Finally! Confirmation of the "Pay microtransactions to make love with naked mole ladies in outer space" .... on Kinect!!!!

I can't wait to try co-op.

Ron also posted another thing, that is even more mysterious:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=m97et.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

I have no idea what this game is supposed to be, but my guess would have to be some kind of puzzle game. For the playable characters above, I really like their simple, yet interesting designs. Think he'll update and announce the game later this year?

Huuuuh!

Nice find, Cyrus!

I smell adventure game in the works!

*crosses fingers*

Looks like its gonna be a parodying alot of gaming culture. I like it. Love adventure games

When is this going to be officially announced?

I hope Ron will give us more informations!

Had me at Mole Ladies... also mildly disappointing that the flowchart didn't connect Mole Ladies with Nude Scene... But I'll live.

We need a new game-specific forum to meditate on this.

Seems to have a really large variety of characters. A scientist and Huckleberry Finn? A knight...with a gun? Can't wait to hear more about it.

Ok, so we want a new kickstarter with some bonus materials for the pledge. In exchange you could have our money :)

Looks like we've gotten a new piece of concept art.

Fresh from Ron's blog: The Monk.

TheMonk.png

I'm quite intrigued by this secret project of his. It looks really original and unique. Wonder when we'll hear the full word on it.

I'm quite intrigued by this secret project of his. It looks really original and unique. Wonder when we'll hear the full word on it.

Wait, it's a separate project from DFA that Ron is working on?

Yes. Definitely a separate project.

Looks an awful lot like a cave to me!

double-fine-puzzle-1980_gallery_post.jpg

So it's a licensed game about the Hawaiian Punch kid?

Yeah, this has been Ron's primary project for a long time. He's more of a "consultant" on DFA than a full team member.

I'm getting a kind of Area 51 vibe from this, what with the scientist, the laser, the spooky atmosphere and the UFO and sarcophagus buried in the caverns.