Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

Ron Gilbert’s secret project [new details]

PS: Am I the only one who noticed that RON IS LEAVING US A PUZZLE?!?!?

Here, it's a super fat image, so I'll just post a link: CLICK TO VIEW

looks like it's actually (on the right side) twins, knight, then time traveler (because of the highlights on the traveler's left side)

@BigWhoop

Where did you get the background from? Indeed, looks really great.

@BigWhoop

Where did you get the background from? Indeed, looks really great.

Sega, of all companies, tweeted an image that the concept art fits perfectly into.

Here's the tweet from Sega:

So, I guess this means Sega is publishing it, or at least involved in some other way. Can't say I expected that.

Oh, did the mods collapse these threads into one? This thread is bigger since last I was here!

But that also means I didn't see some of the other stuff Ron posted, which all looks just cryptic and interesting enough to tease but not informative enough to tell us anything.

The background art really reminds me of whispering rock psychic summer camp!

Hmm the mafia looking guy is missing from this picture (hes in concept art on gilberts blog, and hes also on the jigsaw invite)

Hmm the mafia looking guy is missing from this picture (hes in concept art on gilberts blog, and hes also on the jigsaw invite)

Maybe he's not a playable character since all the reveals have only been of playable characters. Otherwise, he might have been cut, but I doubt that since he was on the recent jigsaw puzzle.

Ron Gilbert in his first concept art post:

"*UPDATE 2:* The Mobster was cut from the game a while ago. It's why it's called concept art."

"*UPDATE 2:* The Mobster was cut from the game a while ago. It's why it's called concept art."

Well, that answers that, then. I guess they just decided to use older concept art for the jigsaw puzzle.

Man, I'm getting pretty excited about this game as well! The twins simultaneously creep me out and intrigue me.

I'll venture to say it has something to do with alien abduction..

OhHhhh interesting to know thanks. Thats too bad, the mobster guy looked neat.

Geez, i cant wait to find out what sortv game this is..... could be anything..

Though im feeling pretty confident that whatever it is, itl have multiplayer..

The Cave looks Beautiful!!! How can I give DF my money right now for this game???

AWESOME.

:)

There's a video trailer on that Kotaku page. PC confirmed! (and PS3\XBox360) Lots of potential for really interesting gameplay\puzzles, and it looks great. Can't wait to play it. Early 2013 :(

Such a pity release is early 2013. But maybe it coincides with DFA so we'll the most awesome early 2013 there ever was.

It's like Double Fine crossed with LittleBigPlanet and I need to change my pants now :D

It looks like a bigger flexible Trine. I can't wait!

Looks more like Lost Vikings to me since all your characters are on screen at once. In Trine you have to switch between which one is on-screen. And it definitely looks more puzzle-like and less action-y. Though still action-y.

Really looking forward to this game. :)

It looks like a bigger flexible Trine. I can't wait!

Looks more like Lost Vikings to me since all your characters are on screen at once. In Trine you have to switch between which one is on-screen. And it definitely looks more puzzle-like and less action-y. Though still action-y.

Really looking forward to this game. :)

Me too.

:)

Huge thank you to Double Fine for making a PC version as well as the console versions. I'm definitely going to be getting this when it comes out.

Sign in to follow this