Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cyrus

Ron Gilbert’s secret project [new details]

Huge thank you to Double Fine for making a PC version as well as the console versions. I'm definitely going to be getting this when it comes out.

Seconded, and equal thanks to SEGA for facilitating one (I presume). As they are publishing I'm guessing they probably had the choice of which platforms to fund development for.

It looks like a bigger flexible Trine. I can't wait!

Looks more like Lost Vikings to me since all your characters are on screen at once. In Trine you have to switch between which one is on-screen. And it definitely looks more puzzle-like and less action-y. Though still action-y.

Really looking forward to this game. :)

Lost Vikings? Man, I just changed my pants!

It looks like a bigger flexible Trine. I can't wait!

Looks more like Lost Vikings to me since all your characters are on screen at once. In Trine you have to switch between which one is on-screen. And it definitely looks more puzzle-like and less action-y. Though still action-y.

Really looking forward to this game. :)

Yes lost vikings also came into my mind, and abe's odyssey also has these types of elements. Very excited to see what it will become

I'm actually wondering whether it always was going to come out in 2013. The extra staff that have been moved onto DFA thanks to the success of the Kickstarter might be working on The Cave in part, which would slow down production on it a little. Not complaining though, I'm VERY much looking forward to 2013 now!

I'm actually wondering whether it always was going to come out in 2013. The extra staff that have been moved onto DFA thanks to the success of the Kickstarter might be working on The Cave in part, which would slow down production on it a little. Not complaining though, I'm VERY much looking forward to 2013 now!

The Cave and DFA are separate development teams. The Cave has been in development for about a year. But because we work on multiple games at once, we're pretty accustomed to moving people between teams now and then depending on what's necessary. It doesn't end up harming individual games, because it's all part of how the studio operates!

The Cave and DFA are separate development teams. The Cave has been in development for about a year. But because we work on multiple games at once, we're pretty accustomed to moving people between teams now and then depending on what's necessary. It doesn't end up harming individual games, because it's all part of how the studio operates!

Actually this is totally off topic but I was wondering, does a programmer or writer or what have you chose what game project they get to work on at DF or are they assigned projects?

Actually this is totally off topic but I was wondering, does a programmer or writer or what have you chose what game project they get to work on at DF or are they assigned projects?

It is OT, but the short version is that we try very hard to align individual interest w/ the specific needs we have on our games. It's not always a perfect match, but we work very hard to make that happen and most of the time folks are working on their top choice project.

Sign in to follow this