Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Double Fine QA

Check out Double Fine's new XBLA game... Trenched!!!

Is there any possibility that Trenched might get ported to the PSN in the future? If Microsoft doesn't own the rights to it and it's a success then maybe Double Fine could make it available to PS3 like me.

This game looks awesome. It's like Double Fine combined Call of Duty with Gears of War.

163210_180978805255939_172185706135249_483029_5953666_n[1].jpg

578d001983a55_163210_180978805255939_172

Ehm... Those... are just not the games I would have chosen to compare.

What would you choose?

Mech warrior.

Mech Assault.

Front Mission.

Ehm... Those... are just not the games I would have chosen to compare.

What would you choose?

Mech warrior.

Mech Assault.

Front Mission.

Yeah, this. Looks like Mech Warrior would be from where a lot of inspiration was drawn, but beyond that, there's not really a lot else to compare. There aren't a lot of WWI games out there, really, and honestly, it's a Double Fine project, so it's going to be a lot more than just a bunch of games rehashed together.

The official site seems to be www.trenchedgame.com

So has anyone else picked up on the TV-centric nature of the aliens? What angle do you think the game's going to take with that?

Oh yeah... this takes me back to Front Mission, Ring of Red, Mechassault, etc. and the idea of mixing trench warfare and comic-book absurdity in there as well is just too delicious. Of course, there ain't a snowflake's chance in hell that this is going to appeal to the Call of Duty crowd: just look at the all-too predictable epithets they plastered all over Youtube in response to the trailer... or rather, don't, because you may get the urge to scratch your own eyes out.

Hey, I recognise that voice in the trailer, it's Tom Kane. Is he in the game? That would be awesome.

A slot in Summer of Arcade means people will no longer be able to ignore Double Fine!

I highly recommend the devs play Monday Night Combat. They look more alike than some people care to admit. I got the MNC fans over at PA interested in this now.

MNC has a super small co-op tower defense mode called Blitz, which looks like Trenched but only has like six different missions. But it also has a competetive multiplayer mode. If Trenched doesn't have a competitive tower defense multiplayer, it needs to really go all the way with the co op and single player with lots and lots of missions. Like, that one video shows Defense Grid? That game had a ton of missions and a hard mode for every mission. Go ALL THE WAY with the campaign and co-op! Lots and lots of missions like Defense Grid! Such missions don't even necessarily need a story!

All I want to say is that I am happy this game is being published by Microsoft Game Studios. I did not buy stacking or costume quest, but since this is a first party game, I will buy it. Why? Because I am in college and don't have money to throw around, so I've decided to only buy first party games. So I hope DF makes more games under MGS.

I wasn't sure from the original trailer if this was going to be my cup of tea, but listening to the Podcast has gotten me really excited for it.

All I want to say is that I am happy this game is being published by Microsoft Game Studios. I did not buy stacking or costume quest, but since this is a first party game, I will buy it. Why? Because I am in college and don’t have money to throw around, so I’ve decided to only buy first party games. So I hope DF makes more games under MGS.

So every game developer in the universe must make their own console, or they're not allowed to make games?

Nintendo might like that idea. No. They'd LOVE that. But Double Fine would go out of business. All they make is 3rd party games. Microsoft being the publisher simply means they paid for the game to be created.

Achievement list:

Bandolier of Brothers 5G

Completed a mission with 4 players.

Scrap Snatcher 10G

Collected 10,000 Scrap.

Battle Buds 20G

Completed 10 Missions with 2 or more players

African Allies 5G

Defeated the Guardian of the Southern Terminal with 2 or more players.

European Entourage 5G

Defeated the Northern Pylon with 2 or more players.

Pylon Pillager 10G

Defeated the Northern Pylon.

Mobile Trench Recruit 5G

Completed Mobile Trench training.

Terminal Terminator 10G

Defeated the Guardian of the Southern Terminal.

Rainmaker 10G

Earned $20,000 from mission completion rewards.

Farnsworth Finisher 10G

Defeated Vlad.

Medal of Honor 30G

Earned a Gold Medal on every mission.

Silver Star 20G

Earned a Silver Medal on every mission.

Bronze Star 15G

Earned a Bronze Medal on every mission.

Big Spender 5G

Purchased an item in the store.

Conscientious Objector 5G

Completed a solo mission without firing a shot.

Razputin 5G

Completed a mission while wearing the uniform of an elite PSI agent.

Monovision Massacre 15G

Defeated 3500 Monovisions.

Pacific Partnership 5G

Defeated Vlad with 2 or more players.

Trickshooter 5G

Killed an enemy with a ricochet sniper shot after 4 bounces.

Pounder 5G

Destroyed 5 Enemies with a single explosion.

"Trickshooter 5G

Killed an enemy with a ricochet sniper shot after 4 bounces."

That could be either really easy or really tough.

This game looks awesome. It's like Double Fine combined Call of Duty with Gears of War.

Did I make a bad comparison?

I wouldn't use Call of Duty. You should have said "It's like Double Fine combined two really clever and innovative games and are selling the package for the price of one".

I don't think there was as much thought put into the Call of Duty franchise, but that's just me.

from the official facebook page

TRENCHED will be available for download on 6/22 for 1200 Microsoft Points! Prepare yourself for Mobile Trench Warfare!

Wow- that's next month! I thought it wouldn't be available until this fall. Guess I'll have to get an X360.

I wonder how many mech designs you can save? I'm gonna need a whole lot of them.

* A "Brutal Legend" mech with light guns but powerful defensive towers.

* A "Timber Wolf" that's balanced.

* An "Atlas" with all the powerful weapons and no towers

* A "MORE DAKKA" mech with six machine guns

Sign in to follow this