Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy_Rocktopus

Game of Thrones/Song of Ice & Fire

A Feast for Crows wanders, but Dragons is alright. It's only flaw is that since it takes place alongside Feast, it can't really push too many things forward.

Yeah, I remember reading an interview with George R. R. Martin where he said that he was struggling a lot with the fourth book, since there was so much stuff going on at once, and he had problems putting it all together. The solution was as we know that he has separated characters into different books. Sadly the characters in A Feast for Crows isn't very interesting for the most part, so it gets a little boring. It really picks up again in the next book though. It will be interesting to see how they solve this in the tv series.

After the red wedding, I was totally disappointed with the season finale. I was hoping for ............ (Well, those who have read the books know what happens soon after. ) :)

After the red wedding, I was totally disappointed with the season finale. I was hoping for ............ (Well, those who have read the books know what happens soon after. ) :)

I was expecting the story to focus at least a little on the person they mentioned that got away. I dunno...I was a little disappointed with the ending...seemed a little cheesy.

I was expecting the story to focus at least a little on the person they mentioned that got away. I dunno...I was a little disappointed with the ending...seemed a little cheesy.

They even could have left the red wedding for the finale. That would have been an awesome season cliffhanger.

Pretty neat list! I guess Double Fine would be one of the Free Cities of Developers.

My wife's done with book 3, so we started watching the third season on Saturday. There really are a lot of differences from the books. I don't mind for the most part, since it makes the series seem more fresh than it might otherwise have been. And sometimes some change is definitely necessary, like

there's no chance they'd be able to hide Arstan Whitebeard's real identity when you're able to see him for yourself

So this is the first season I've started watching where I've already read the accompanying book in advance, and I'm happy that so far- the show is still outstanding! I actually love the subtle differences between the two. Some of it's the sequence of events, and who's where and when- but I really love the live action depictions. The Thenns look scary as f*ck on screen! Also, I hope the show does make some major deviations from the book; not because I didn't enjoy the book's version, but because I like to be held in suspense throughout the season.

i read the second book now. it was ok i had fun but this guy sure likes describing boring things like the name of castle towers and the sigil on everyone's banner. me no care (except for the flayed man dat shit's hardcore)

so i hear the third book is good but the ones after are boring. worth continuing?

The fourth book is pretty slow since it's so focused on the Iron Islanders. I did like the parts with Dorne though, but there are very few chapters with the most popular characters. In my opinion the fifth book was very good, so I think it's worth continuing. If you really can't bear the slow pace of the fourth book, you might consider just reading the chapters with Arya and Brienne and read a summary of the rest. Here's a good one.

So all the episodes of the current season are out now? Then maybe it's time I get a one month subscription to HBO Nordic again.

Seasons 3 and 4 were based on the third book which is the best in the series. It's book 4 that left out a bunch of characters. Martin thought the book was becoming too long so instead just splitting it in half, he had book 4 focus on King's Landing and the Iron Islands for the most part and book 5 focus on everywhere else. It led to book 4 being very boring.

Seasons 3 and 4 were based on the third book which is the best in the series. It's book 4 that left out a bunch of characters. Martin thought the book was becoming too long so instead just splitting it in half, he had book 4 focus on King's Landing and the Iron Islands for the most part and book 5 focus on everywhere else. It led to book 4 being very boring.

From what I read season 5 and 6 are going to be combining elements from books 4 and 5 together, so hopefully the show will end up feeling less boring.

Sign in to follow this