Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lestroisrois

If you want BL2, Look at this:

Honestly, I always suspected that our hopes of a BL2 died with Dio. We never found out just who he was supposed to be in the game, but most likely it was someone pretty important to the storyline. I'm guessing that whatever DF had in mind for the prequel, it got mucked up without his character.

That being said, I still hope for a sequel. If not a sequel, then AT LEAST a downloadable DLC of a proper, larger than bloody life statue of the man. Anything else would be sacrilege.

Honestly, I always suspected that our hopes of a BL2 died with Dio. We never found out just who he was supposed to be in the game, but most likely it was someone pretty important to the storyline. I'm guessing that whatever DF had in mind for the prequel, it got mucked up without his character.

That being said, I still hope for a sequel. If not a sequel, then AT LEAST a downloadable DLC of a proper, larger than bloody life statue of the man. Anything else would be sacrilege.

Dio was supposed to be doviculous, this was never a secret.

Dio was supposed to be doviculous, this was never a secret.

Nah, I know he was supposed to be the voice actor but it was never his character. Not in the Fire Baron/Halford and /Killmaster/Lemmy sense in any case. In an interview with Schafer regarding Dios death and BL2, he was asked what role Dio was supposed to play in the sequel. The answer went something like "We were gonna make him.. eh, no, it all seem so silly now when he's gone." I don't have time to find the actual interview, but it shouldn't be too hard to find by Google.

If you sign this petition, we all will be one step closer to Brütal Legend 2! And remember, "They can't stop us; let 'em try! For [brütal Legend 2] we will [sIGN]!"

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/legendsequel

everyone needs to post this as a signature on everything forum we know

for example

mine on deviant art is

"our STAGE is DYING and we NEED the SUPPORT of OUR FANS"

Signed and fully support this notion.

I'm irredeemably hooked to the lore and overall feel of Brutal Legend and am greatly disappointed to hear that its sequel has been canned by the publisher. Right now, I doubt DF has the funding or publisher support to pull of a proper sequel to the game, but I really hope that we can see BL2 in some form someday. The ending tied up many loose ends, but it also leaves avenues open for exploration in a sequel or content pack.

The possibilities are just ripe for the picking.

"Never Say Die"

Sign in to follow this