Sign in to follow this  
InvaderSpax

Thank you Double Fine

I have been a longtime fan of Tim's work. I grew up on Monkey Island (which is still one of my all time favorite series and "Curse" is my all time favorite adventure) and have been hooked ever since. I remember when Psychonauts came out and I've probably played through that five or six times. As an avid metalhead, Brutal Legend was pretty much the game I've always wanted, and without the need for me to add my own soundtrack.

When you guys announced that you were going to start doing smaller projects, I'll admit I was disappointed (though I imagine that had a lot to do with the loss of the Brutal Legend sequel), but I'm very happy to say it was completely unfounded. I recently finished Costume Quest (and the DLC expansion) and I absolutely loved it. Once again, you guys have delivered a gem of a title. I've been describing it as "the closest thing we'll probably ever get to a Calvin & Hobbes game" due to the level of imagination present (that said, it wouldn't hurt to have a little blond kid join the party, maybe with a tiger costume, heh). I'm really looking forward to any new DLC that might be coming out (hoping for "spring" and "summer" additions to complete the seasons).

Basically, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you at Double Fine for continuing to produce excellent games way above the standard. I'm really excited about Trenched and I'll probably even buy a Kinect just to try out "Once Upon A Monster"..........y'know...........for my kids...........who will be born...........in the next year or two.............yeah.

So, yeah. Just a little love letter from a longtime fan. Keep up the great work!

M

I want to say thanks for Costume Quest. My wife has never, ever, played anything beyond tetris and mario brothers and she is sitting next to me right now saying, "Oh yes, I can still Anthem. Come on, etc... Cursing etc..." Obviously the statue of liberty is her favorite costume.

Anyway, I shed a silent sweet tear when she said to me earlier tonight, "I wanna play costume quest."

She's still learning the buttons on the PS controller, her video game literacy is very low, however she's having a blast getting those offense and defense timing reactions.

(I got her into the whole thing by showing her bobbing for apples, I knew that would get her...but don't tell her, OK?)

So, it's amazing that she's playing a real video game and loving it. She just got a new friend, "Oh look, we got a new friend" in the tunnel in the mall after the arcade. She had a heck of a time beating that mean ol' boss, but she stuck with it and I'm so proud.

Thanks to you all at double fine, I love her even more now.

You're keeping relationships strong, you should be proud of yourselves,

I know I am.

Seriously, thanks.

-E