• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.

when I get home from work, I can finally play.

I so hope there's a reference to the Borealis. Gordon Freeman was supposed to find it iced in in Half Life 2

Dad I'm in space!

I'm proud of you son!

Are you in space?

Yes, we are a family again.

To bad space core is the new cake is a lie :(

would you mind not spoiling it, for at least a week

and godamnit. I haven't used my playstation in weeks. Now I want to login today, and there's a friggin maintenance at the UK network.

I can play portal, but that's it.

*sigh* Out of the 3 consoles, PS3 is the shittiest one

No, 360 doesn't get steam.

But I hate having to activate my games before I play them so that's actually a good thing.

FYI, Steam doesn't work on PS3, as there is no PSN.

played 30 minutes of Portal 2. I regret buying it here, instead of importing the UK version. Apparently Portal 2 here has Dutch subtitles, and no other option for English subtitles. Can't stand Dutch in videogames.not to mention the lack of witty English humor.

Whenever I'm playing videogames, I always turn on English subtitles. makes it easier to understand what's being said.

I'd play it on steam using the download code, but PSN is down so I can't link PS3 to steam

No, 360 doesn't get steam.

But I hate having to activate my games before I play them so that's actually a good thing.

you don't have to activate to play single-player. not sure about co-op.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to activate anything unless you have a retail version of a game you could already download off Steam. Or if the devs/publishers of a game require you to do so before playing, in which that has nothing to do with Steam

Anywho, friend has offered to lend me his account for Portal 2. Time to clean out 10GB of space from my computer~

"So how're YOU holding up? Because I'M a POTATO!"

Oh Glados xD

So in all honesty, I expected something LIKE what happened to happen (

when you get to glados and wheatley takes over

), but I didn't quite expect THIS to happen. I can't wait to see what happens now.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to activate anything unless you have a retail version of a game you could already download off Steam. Or if the devs/publishers of a game require you to do so before playing, in which that has nothing to do with Steam

Anywho, friend has offered to lend me his account for Portal 2. Time to clean out 10GB of space from my computer~

Well, you can download Portal 2 on steam for free, if you enter the download code that comes with the PS3 version. To use the code, you have to link steam to your PSN acct, in Portal 2 menu on PS3.

Unfotunately PSN is down

we're in space

Dad I'm in space!

[deep voice] I'm proud of you son.

Dad are you space?

[deep voice]Yes son, now we are a family.

"So how're YOU holding up? Because I'M a POTATO!"

Oh Glados xD

So in all honesty, I expected something LIKE what happened to happen (

when you get to glados and wheatley takes over

), but I didn't quite expect THIS to happen. I can't wait to see what happens now.

I can't help but laugh at that part, though I did almost feel sympathy for her. xD

Ya, it was posted on 4chan a lot and start to raise theories that

Chell is the daughter of Carolin and Cave

. There are a lot of other things too that I'll talk about later when I get back from dog walk :3

Oh hey cool

BUT I doubt it's actually referring to Chell, as in the person you play as. According to one of Valve's artists, all the text and pictures from the science projects were written/drawn by the children of several of Valve's employees, one of whom was a girl named Rachel

Rachel is where the name "Chell" came from, so it's more likely that she was just signing her name on her work. Because I honestly can't wrap my head around the concept of Chell being a young child in the mid 40s-50s and only twenty-something by the events of the first game.

And didn't Glados confirm Chell was adopted? Or did I not read that right?

EDIT: Wait, wait, I can't find the source of this. Hang on, I'm not lying I swear

EDITEDIT: Here we go! This isn't the original source where I found it from, as the artist in question (that would be Mankini) took it down from her tumblr, or something.

Oh hey cool

BUT I doubt it's actually referring to Chell, as in the person you play as. According to one of Valve's artists, all the text and pictures from the science projects were written/drawn by the children of several of Valve's employees, one of whom was a girl named Rachel

Rachel is where the name "Chell" came from, so it's more likely that she was just signing her name on her work. Because I honestly can't wrap my head around the concept of Chell being a young child in the mid 40s-50s and only twenty-something by the events of the first game.

And didn't Glados confirm Chell was adopted? Or did I not read that right?

I don't see why else Valve would have her name there. it's not like someone just didn't know that it was the name of the main character. Chell isn't a very common name, especially considering the names on the other ones are 'Lauren' and 'Beth'

also: 40s or 50s? wah?

in the older chambers there are things labeled 1980. the oldest chambers date back to the 60s.

I immediately thought while playing the game that Cave and Caroline had an affair, thus creating Chell. Chell's appearance is really similar to Caroline (you can find a portrait of her), and it's completely possible that she could have been born in the 80s and be 20 by the events of the first game.

on top of that Cave, Caroline and Chell all begin with C's. completely silly, but it still supports how they may be connected.

Ttrue, There's a Cave recording playing there, stating it was "bring your daughter to work day"

Wasn't there an image of Caroline? I read somewhere she resembled Chell