Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarthAve

Being for The Benefit of Mr Bun

Alright, when I went to see Across the Universe, I expected trippy, but I didn't expect to think of Psychonauts!

Anyone else getting Meat Circus-y vibes from the visuals and music? Anyone think these people were under the influence of Psychonauts when coming up with this scene?

Izzard is King! But no, I would not say it is too reminiscent of Psychonauts. The only thing it really has in common with it is the slightly outlandish circus; but outside of that- naught else. Mirrormask also has a rather peculiar Big-Top sequence, but it too is not reminiscent of Psychonauts.

Hmm. I think there does seem to be a bit of a connection. But who knows? You should write them asking/ demanding to know the truth.

Also the name of this thread = win.

Up to that point, I thought, "OK, this film is pretty good". But afterwards, it got a little too trippy for my taste. There's a boundary between enough Trip and Too Much Trip, and AtU went Over The Line. Poor editing quality, lack of a deeper meaning, low level of character development made the film slightly shallow. But it was enjoyable, and had one hell of an Art Style. I'm kind of upset that they got rid of the Sgt. Pepper's LHCB Prison sequence, though. Across the Universe never topped Yellow Submarine for me...

Yep, thought of the Meat Circus level when I saw it. The name, "Across the Universe," brought immediate thoughts of The Beatles.

The whole point of the movie was to pull a Moulin Rouge on us but only used Beatles songs.

Up to that point, I thought, "OK, this film is pretty good". But afterwards, it got a little too trippy for my taste. There's a boundary between enough Trip and Too Much Trip, and AtU went Over The Line. Poor editing quality, lack of a deeper meaning, low level of character development made the film slightly shallow. But it was enjoyable, and had one hell of an Art Style. I'm kind of upset that they got rid of the Sgt. Pepper's LHCB Prison sequence, though. Across the Universe never topped Yellow Submarine for me...

Agreed. Tho I thought the film was horrible as a whole. I loved the trailer more than the movie. It dragged on way too long and the characters were so pathetic and one dimensional that it was impossible to feel anything for them.

His scene just disturbed the hell outta me. 90% of the movie disturbed me.

So no, not worth it. He's only in it for about 5-10 minutes.

the biggest similarity between meat circus and that clip was probably the ring things on the ground, but that was probably me just connecting them both with circuses

somebody posted a video abouth psychonauts ,the voice was fast and asome video can somewhan tell me the forum with that post,thanks ;-)

Sign in to follow this