Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Abby

The Offical Homestuck Thread

This is a thread about Andrew Hussie's popular webcomic "Homestuck." The comic can be found here if you're interested in starting Homestuck: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/

I had to make this thread since I noticed that there's a lot of fans of Homestuck on DFAF. We'll chat about the story itself, trolls, the kids, and other stuff in the comic. If you're posting spoilers, please use the spoiler tags.

It isn't that hard!

Either use the tags, or keep the spoilers to yourself and talk about something else about Homestuck.

Since I started this thread, I guess I can go first. I like all the kids, but my absolute favorites are John and Jade. As for my favorite trolls, they are Vriska (patron), Terezi, and Nepeta. It's so hard to choose an absolute favorite troll for me. They're all pretty awesome except I kinda don't like Aridan because he's a jerk and SO HIPSTER.

So, let the thread begin, my fellow Homestuck fans! <3

I like this story, but for anyone new to it I would recommend you read the whole thing in one go. If you get around to the latest pages, wait a few days before checking back for updates. You might feel as if the story is just dragging on if you read a few pages at a time

Also, don't try to make too much sense of the plot. Just go with it, theres a recap-page every so often through each act that explains everything

I like this story, but for anyone new to it I would recommend you read the whole thing in one go. If you get around to the latest pages, wait a few days before checking back for updates. You might feel as if the story is just dragging on if you read a few pages at a time

Also, don't try to make too much sense of the plot. Just go with it, theres a recap-page every so often through each act that explains everything

Definitely. Homestuck is incredibly long and he updates like a mad man. If you do wanna read through it in one go, or want a good opportunity to catch up, Saturday would be the best to read it since he usually doesn't upload it during weekends.

When I first got into Homestuck, I couldn't get past through ACT 1 and 2 without getting the urge to go something else. After a bit of encouragement from a friend of mine, I got past those acts, and ACT 3 started to get interesting. So, if you have nothing to do on the internet and want to read something new, read Homestuck.

You know, I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this already as I know there are a lot of MSPA/Homestuck fans on this forum. At least that's how I learned about it. Anyhow, good post, Abby! You know I actually met Andrew Hussie in person at TCAF recently. I was super excited and probably babbled on incoherently, but he was really friendly.

Ok, all you fans out there- list out your:

Favorite Human Player:

Favorite Troll:

Favorite Exile:

Favorite Sprite:

---

For me

Favorite Human Player: Although I'm probably most like John, my favorite human player is Jade. She's so cute.

Favorite Troll: Nepeta- for same reason as above. The most interesting trolls though I find though are Terezi and Vriska.

Favorite Exile: WV, Wayward Vagabond

gosh, I hope he doesn't turn out to be Lord English!

Favorite Sprite: Jaspersprite

You know, I'm surprised there isn't a thread for this already as I know there are a lot of MSPA/Homestuck fans on this forum. At least that's how I learned about it. Anyhow, good post, Abby! You know I actually met Andrew Hussie in person at TCAF recently. I was super excited and probably babbled on incoherently, but he was really friendly.

Ok, all you fans out there- list out your:

Favorite Human Player:

Favorite Troll:

Favorite Exile:

Favorite Sprite:

---

For me

Favorite Human Player: Although I'm probably most like John, my favorite human player is Jade. She's so cute.

Favorite Troll: Nepeta- for same reason as above. The most interesting trolls though I find though are Terezi and Vriska.

Favorite Exile: WV, Wayward Vagabond

gosh, I hope he doesn't turn out to be Lord English!

Favorite Sprite: Jaspersprite

You're welcome, and how was it meeting Hussie? Bet it must have been great. As for my list:

Favorite Human Player: John - he's so adorkable and so funny.

Favorite Troll: Vriska - she's my patron troll and love how much of a huge b*tch she is... bluh bluh.

Favorite Exile: Wayward Vagabond - for some odd reason, I find him very cute. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if someone said the same thing. Every time

I read the act where he becomes "mayor" of his own "city",

I smile.

Favorite Sprite: Nanasprite; HOHOHOHOHOHO! - I find her so awesome and sweet.

Oh, I'm hoping vagabond doesn't turn out to be Lord English as well. D:

Favorite Human Player: Jade

Favorite Troll: Tavros

Favorite Exile: Wayward Vagabond

Favorite Sprite: Cal.

Also KARKAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Favorite Human Player: Jade

Favorite Troll: Tavros

Favorite Exile: Wayward Vagabond

Favorite Sprite: Cal.

Also KARKAT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was pissed and very sad about Karkat and Terezi when

they both got killed. Thanks to Vriska, Noir is going to kill the rest of the trolls. :C

[ironic]So latest update proves it- Doc Scratch is actually Hella Jeff8^y[/ironic]

Hussie was nice- I asked him about his background, and where he came up with some of his ideas. As I had presumed, he did do some programming; thus the data structure jokes about the captchalogues and ~ATH code.

My mind was BLOWN from the recent update. I'm sad, but kinda glad that

Terezi killed Vriska on the actual timeline. It was Vriska's fault for killing most of the trolls, and I didn't want anyone else to get killed, so that settles it.

See, if I hadn't read that spoiler I would've been clueless until the next recap page

Eh, I stopped reading it around the start of disc 2. It got a bit too convoluted to follow for me. And then the recaps were freaking novels.

I invested in it this much so I might as well finish it.

I agree though, Hussie really likes to troll everyone and it's getting boring. I would really like this thing to end.

I'm kind of fortunate to have discovered Homestuck so late as I could read huge sections of it in one sitting. This kept everything fresh in my mind so nothing ever got boring. The story's pretty complicated and it helps to reread sections sometimes. Anyways part of me wants to see some conclusion, while the other wishes it would never end!

I'm kind of fortunate to have discovered Homestuck so late as I could read huge sections of it in one sitting. This kept everything fresh in my mind so nothing ever got boring. The story's pretty complicated and it helps to reread sections sometimes. Anyways part of me wants to see some conclusion, while the other wishes it would never end!
Not me! End this crap fest already Hussie. I don't want to see any more pictures of naked Sollux and endless threads about "What would the trolls underware look like?".

PLEASE! I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS AND I WANT THE FANS TO STOP!

*sigh* I swear, this comics gonna end up being "DEATH THE COMIC" and I won't be surprised if everyone dies.

Now I have a feeling that Hussie wants to end Homestuck so he doesn't have to deal with the fan base.

I think most of the major deaths are over after

Gamzee ate shit.

But i am looking forward to the role reversal hussie said would be coming.

I wonder when Homestuck finally finishes whether there's going to be a series of DVD's with the flash video on them. Can't imagine it as a book series unless it's reworked.

I'm guessing that there's still more deaths to come and everyone meets in the afterlife. I'm just curious as heck to find out who Lord English really is- I have all these different theories..

I am resurrecting this thread just to say that last week when I was watching Harry Potter- it occurred to me that John bears a striking resemblance to Harry. Just a coinky-dink though. Dave bears no resemblance to Ron; though one could make some comparisons between Rose and Hermione. No good analogies for Jade - maybe Luna?

Well, it's actually Gamzee that's gay for Tavros. And I guess for trolls, that isn't even a "thing" as Karkat once mentioned.

On a side note wasn't John and Vriska's d8 cute?

Oh homestuck. How you confound me with your sprawling, obsequiously devoted fandom.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

welp ancestors galore.

Oh indeed. I love Kan and Nep's ancestors! (dat fluffy hair)

The story's coming along great! Can't wait to see what happens to the kids!

I am at the point where the trolls are just being introduced in person. I like Terezi so far. She's a psychopath, but I like her. (plus, psychopathy doesn't seem too uncommon in troll society...)

Well, it's actually Gamzee that's gay for Tavros. And I guess for trolls, that isn't even a "thing" as Karkat once mentioned.

Since they're not doing the "mixing" of their genetic materials, and in the end their gametes will get mixed with those of female trolls even if they don't end up pairing up with them, it doesn't even make sense for it to be a thing.

Things I am learning which all of you know already

-Nepeta is adorable, and while I thought she was going to be my favorite, idk really. I just don't like her as much as I thought I would originally.

-EQUIUS IS BUGNUTS.

-What the fuck is Vriska's deal, it's like her grand state of being is '8itchface from hell.'

Things I am learning which all of you know already

-Nepeta is adorable, and while I thought she was going to be my favorite, idk really. I just don't like her as much as I thought I would originally.

-EQUIUS IS BUGNUTS.

-What the fuck is Vriska's deal, it's like her grand state of being is '8itchface from hell.'

Ah yes- I remember what it was like in first meeting each troll! I sort of envy that early point of view- I had all these preconceived notions about each one. All I can say is that a lot will be explained, and a lot is still not explained as of the most recent updates. One thing I did that was invaluably helpful is I made an Excel sheet and filled in each troll, their pesterchum handle, real name, qualities, etc as they were described which helps clarify things.

In regards to your comments:

-Agree. Nepeta wins the cutest troll award in my book.

-Yup, Equius is Bugnuts.

-Yeah- what is Vriska's deal?

Sign in to follow this