Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kodiak

x

Damn you beat me too it Kodiak!
I am on a lot of substances right now so you have to forgive me.

List them immediately.

Yes! !! When I read the whole article, I SQUEALED happily and danced around like a little kid!

This is a great chance for getting a sequel to Psychonauts! I'm just so happy right now, I can DIE! <3

An HD version of the game will be sweet too, but either way, I'm happy that they have publishing rights now!

*continues fangirling and squealing with joy*

Yes! !! When I read the whole article, I SQUEALED happily and danced around like a little kid!

This is a great chance for getting a sequel to Psychonauts! I'm just so happy right now, I can DIE! <3

An HD version of the game will be sweet too, but either way, I'm happy that they have publishing rights now!

*joins in joyous dancing* We need a Psychonauts parade!

Damn you beat me too it Kodiak!
I am on a lot of substances right now so you have to forgive me.

List them immediately.

Ok I lied, I like Warrior more.

*joins in joyous dancing* We need a Psychonauts parade!

YES! Levitation balls everywhere! *bounces on levitation ball* AND BACON! *noms on bacon*

(PSSSSSSST. Get on Skype, Milk! :D)

Dear Mr. Timothy Schafer,

Please re-release Psychonauts, along with Edgar's wonderful playing cards.

I implore you; take my money.

Dear Mr. Timothy Schafer,

Please re-release Psychonauts, along with Edgar's wonderful playing cards.

I implore you; take my money.

I don't think DF has a big enough structure to re-release the game themselves.

If you guys wanted a remake wouldn't you either have to sell these rights to another publisher and somehow convince them that not only is it a freaking awesome idea but also financially viable? It did work for Beyond Good and Evil and Shadow of the Colossus, and those games weren't exactly hits in their day either. A remake may be a tough sell, but I think there is enough of a fanbase to pitch a sequel though.

Best way to help DF make a Psychonauts 2 or HD remake then is by buying their new games! For me that means buying a 360 I suppose so I can play Trenched!

Пожалуйста Double Fine сделайте Psychonauts 2!!! Уж очень она мне полюбилась. Замечательный сюжет, запоминающиеся персонажи, отличная атмосфера и музыка.

Буду ждать

Пожалуйста Double Fine сделайте Psychonauts 2!!! Уж очень она мне полюбилась. Замечательный сюжет, запоминающиеся персонажи, отличная атмосфера и музыка.

Буду ждать

---

TRANSLATED: "Please Double Fine make Psychonauts 2! Very much I fell in love with it. A remarkable story, memorable characters, great atmosphere and music.

I'll wait"

It will take a while for them to make money though, but yeah. I can't wait either! Hoping that when Trenched and Once Upon a Monster comes out, they'll sell well. What I'm expecting to do after they're done with releasing both games, and provided they have enough money for this, they'll start with an HD version, and if that works out, then they'll probably work on a sequel.

Also, does anybody know if Double Fine is going to Comic Con this year? I heard it's coming next month, and I'm wondering if Double Fine will have a booth there? I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if they do have a booth, I bet they'll announce something we haven't heard of before; either that or showcase and talk more about Once Upon a Monster.

The original Psychonauts doesn't generate enough money on an annual basis to fund a sequel -- not even close. It does mean though that, once the deals are in place, the money will go towards the studio and supporting our ongoing development efforts.

We'd love to do an HD remake or a sequel, but those will require funding that is an order of magnitude larger than any potential sales on a game that came out in 2005, awesome though it is.

If i win the lottery I'll be sure to contact you guys and ask for a Brutal Legend sequel and a Psychonauts sequel.FANTASTIC GAMES!not even games.Pieces of freaking animated ART

Now they just need the rights for Brutal Legend...

You couldn't be more right. I love Brutal Legend, I don't think any game has had me screaming at the TV as much because of how cool it is.

We'd love to do an HD remake or a sequel, but those will require funding that is an order of magnitude larger than any potential sales on a game that came out in 2005, awesome though it is.

See, I'm skeptical about this. First of all, the game doesn't need a 'HD' remake, as it was already available in HD resolutions on the PC. So no new artwork/tampering needs to be done. You've also added achievements to the game for Steam. So surely you are really just looking at the cost of getting it on the PSN servers and working with the PS3 architecture, which can't be that much as many indie devs do it. It already works on the 360, as that's the same architecture as a PC anyway.

It makes perfect business sense to me to re-release this game (especially now with the sequel buzz) on both Xbox 360 and PS3 via their digital delivery services. You wouldn't have to sell that many before it starts making profit. And all that money could not only go towards a sequel, but every sale generates buzz for that sequel.

Or they could spend their energy and money on new games instead of constantly updating a game they released seven years ago.

An HD remake would go great on XBLA and PSN and would be a great way to know if people is interested in a sequel and getting new fans.

It have been done with BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL or ODDWORLD: STRANGER'S WRATH, why not with PSYCHONAUTS?

In other words, spend millions of dollars to see if people are cool with you spending millions of dollars.

In other words, spend millions of dollars to see if people are cool with you spending millions of dollars.

What's your cost breakdown for this cost?

Sign in to follow this