Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

TRENCHED in Europe!

A couple of gaming sites are reporting that the delay is because Trenched (or Trench) is already copy-written in Europe and the game will need to be renamed and re-copy written over here before it can be released.

I could see that being the case - Though, if it were, why wouldn't DF just say so from the beginning?

It's not something they'd need to be coy about.

if I wanted to get trenched from the US market place could I just buy some MS points from gamestop and use those? or would I have to put false billing info in my US account to buy it directly of the US market?

Points cards are region locked so you'll have to buy a US points card from somewhere. Or have a US credit card on your US account. I've been trying to find a website that sells US point cards and will email them to you but haven't had much luck so far, anyone have any ideas? Don't say Ebay because all of them say "won't email the code to you".

Has anyone tried making an account for one of the countries in Europe than CAN buy the game? Points for those countries would be easier to come by wouldn't they?

A couple of gaming sites are reporting that the delay is because Trenched (or Trench) is already copy-written in Europe and the game will need to be renamed and re-copy written over here before it can be released.

I could see that being the case - Though, if it were, why wouldn't DF just say so from the beginning?

It's not something they'd need to be coy about.

not just Europe. the European Union, as the game was released in Switzerland and Norway, both non EU countries

My internet went down this morning so I'm slightly relieved to hear that today is another non-release day. However, I'm not that relieved about it!

I like this theory about copyright though! My previous company's marketing sector kept running into copyright infringements and exactly the same action was taken where all mention of said infringement would be removed of instantly. We were also not allowed to talk to the public about it until it had been resolved.

This would explain why the xbox.com page was taken down completely. However, after google searching the term "Trenched", 10 pages in, I was only able to find a band who were called, you guessed it, Trenched!

They only had a myspace page but, maybe this has something to do with it? If so, it may be the case of Microsoft trying to acquire the copyright from them!?

I, unfortunately, still have no internet so I'm updating from my Blackberry (shudder). Trying to keep up with you lot today is a nightmare!! Anybody not using a smartphone tried looking up Trenched and found anything other than DF's game?

I never thought anyone could make Europeans pine for the good old days of trench warfare but some how you did it. I'm extremely sad though that I'm not going to be experiencing the game at the same time as my US friends who have all stomped off into the far distance with their fully specced out machines and are heading off to shell craters new. Please sort this out soon.

The Duke Nukem Demo I could have waited a long time for Trenched I need now.

I, unfortunately, still have no internet so I'm updating from my Blackberry (shudder). Trying to keep up with you lot today is a nightmare!! Anybody not using a smartphone tried looking up Trenched and found anything other than DF's game?

I had a quick search when the delay was first announced.... I didn't even find the band :)

My internet went down this morning so I'm slightly relieved to hear that today is another non-release day. However, I'm not that relieved about it!

I like this theory about copyright though! My previous company's marketing sector kept running into copyright infringements and exactly the same action was taken where all mention of said infringement would be removed of instantly. We were also not allowed to talk to the public about it until it had been resolved.

This would explain why the xbox.com page was taken down completely. However, after google searching the term "Trenched", 10 pages in, I was only able to find a band who were called, you guessed it, Trenched!

They only had a myspace page but, maybe this has something to do with it? If so, it may be the case of Microsoft trying to acquire the copyright from them!?

Get ure self a wp7 my Omnia7 is gorgeous and for the last couple of days ive been using it to ave a gander at this thread and reply to peeps!!(sorry i just luuuuurve my Omnia7)

Slightly off-topic but I am slightly cautious of going for an Android phone is it as good as iOS and the app store?

This is related to Trenched because developers have phones.

I never thought anyone could make Europeans pine for the good old days of trench warfare but some how you did it. I'm extremely sad though that I'm not going to be experiencing the game at the same time as my US friends who have all stomped off into the far distance with their fully specced out machines and are heading off to shell craters new. Please sort this out soon.

The Duke Nukem Demo I could have waited a long time for Trenched I need now.

This is a problem! Nearly all the people I was going to play Trenched with are American and have already played much of what was to offer and are a considerable higher level. Been told the games pretty dull on your own and it's especially fun playing co-op with friends so going to try and do that, maybe force some folks I know to purchase it whenever it's release. But it sucks!

Wow nice, three new arcade games manage to be released in the time it's taking to release one, that's just f*cking lovely.

Wow nice, three new arcade games manage to be released in the time it's taking to release one, that's just f*cking lovely.

lol

also why isn't your avatar of Liara?

Has anybody tried out 'HALF-MINUTE HERO'?

Any good?

Its pretty good, but i like rpg's alot and i try to spend hours on them so its sort of the wrong idea in my mind anyway!! U dont actually fight though thats all automatic???

Anyway 'Trenched' where is it the butties!!!!;-)

I don't understand Microsoft, they manage to get three new games before this one game, makes it seem like they don't care.

I don't understand Microsoft, they manage to get three new games before this one game, makes it seem like they don't care.

Given that trenched problems were unexpected and those games were scedualed to come out today more than a week ago I doubt they are in any way connected other than they are arcade games

To be honest, I'm quite glad I dodged this bullet now and have been quite happily playing half-minute hero today. It's a blast. Also used the points to download peggle while it was dirt cheap. My friend summed up the situation as he always does when something goes wrong "I bet someone is getting the sack."

To be honest, I'm quite glad I dodged this bullet now and have been quite happily playing half-minute hero today. It's a blast. Also used the points to download peggle while it was dirt cheap. My friend summed up the situation as he always does when something goes wrong "I bet someone is getting the sack."

Think im gonna pick up half minute hero, seems a bit hectic though!

Dont think were gonna see Trenched for a month or so, got this funny feeling so dont quote me!!??;-)

Not sure about a month, but if it's a legal issue surrounding the name then it will be a couple of weeks. I say two to three weeks if we're lucky.

My patience has now worn out.

If this is a copyright issue then it cannot have just been discovered last night. The game was announced in February and they 'just' find out about the problem last week? Double fine have shown nothing but contempt for their European customers by a)not acknowledging the issue before the release date and/or b) refusing to comment on it after the worldwide release.

If they had the decency to either give details about their colossal fuck up, or to provide a revised release date then I may feel differently. Because they have done neither then I am looking elsewhere for my gaming fix.

Have been a long time supporter of both double fine and Tim Schafer. Not any more.

Ah yes, this is the part where angry fans denounce their support for DF and storm off in an angry fashion

This appears to be a common trend following the releases of DF's Amnesia Fortnight games

Ah yes, this is the part where angry fans denounce their support for DF and storm off in an angry fashion

This appears to be a common trend following the releases of DF's Amnesia Fortnight games

Ahh - If only we could all be as perfect as you Carl :coolsmile:

It's been a week since the delay of Trenched and we have amassed 300+ replies and 20k+ views in 23 pages!! Congratulations everyone! God it seems so long ago that Trenched was released right?

At least we know the reason now. It'd be nice to know why MS and Double Fine felt the need to keep this quiet though, I think most people would have been a bit more understanding of the situation had we known this from the start.

Well now that i know the reason for the game being delayed this long i might just buy it on my US Account, this is a retarded mistake.

No it's probably because of legal reasons that they couldn't speak of it. Messages spread, people get angry, reputations are tarnished...but really Portugal dude?? REALLY!? Your game looks NOTHING like Trenched!! :@

The board is lozenge – shaped, a hundred per cent black and white, showing clear contrast and superposition and emphasis on two lines in the horizontal, suggesting the trenches. Its pieces invariably consist of geometric figures in the purest Cubism style, of a unique artistic and aesthetic beauty, symbolising a soldiers’ classic confrontation in definite battlefields, from the soldier to the general on top of the pyramid of power. The set of basic, practical and well-defined rules transforms this abstraction game into a unique unforgettable moment

Mechs, guns, explosions, turrets, electric creatures, men with no legs piloting huge mechanicy things....yes, yes. I can see the resemblence now.

At least we know the reason now. It'd be nice to know why MS and Double Fine felt the need to keep this quiet though, I think most people would have been a bit more understanding of the situation had we known this from the start.

Its quite likely they wernt allowed to talk about it, and even if they did its a bloody slow process, I doubt it would help much 8 days ago cus it doesnt really help now