Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

TRENCHED in Europe!

Can someone tell me why did the links I put to the video of Homer vs. Bill Gates and the registration of TRENCH/TRENCHED suddenly changed and no longer worked???

If for some reason it would not be allowed to put it here, I suppose the administration of this forum would contact me, but as it didn’t happened I really don’t understand.

I put it back we’ll see what happens.

Since i'm probably just going to buy this on my US account can i just buy a 1600 MSP Card off Amazon.com and get it sent via Email then buy it like that?

Oh and then play it on my UK Account?

I think Trenched is going to be one of those games where we will see it months later and think oh yeah I remember that game. If the game comes out the latter end of the year nobody is going to buy it, gamers will be spending their money on all the full retail titles at the end of the year.

I think Trenched is going to be one of those games where we will see it months later and think oh yeah I remember that game. If the game comes out the latter end of the year nobody is going to buy it, gamers will be spending their money on all the full retail titles at the end of the year.

Starting to feel the same personally. I think that the European boat is setting sail after speaking to some friends today who were super hyped about this game and it was them who actually got me interested in it.

Their mood up to release day was:

"OMG! IT'S ALMOST HERE! I'VE EVEN GOT RID OF THE GIRLFRIEND/WIFE/JOB FOR A WHOLE WEEK TO PLAY IT"

and yet, today it was more along the lines of:

"I don't really care any more. I've already spent the points on [insert DLC/Arcade game here] and don't intend on putting more on for this. It's pretty poor of both parties to have not noticed this before release."

It's a shame because, I was really looking forward to playing this with them and now, with the prospect of having no-one I know to play this with, I'm also thinking about buying DLC/Half Minute Hero with my saved points and just forgetting about this :(

God damn it, nevermind.

"Online Game Codes are only available to US customers"

There are a few people who here who have ordered via US Live - Maybe they can help?

I believe PayPal may be involved? :-)

Really want this game but no signs of it comming and torchlight/SM Pirates taunting my 1200 points, What Do?

Hey guys,

I got bored of waiting, and went about getting this via the US method. This is what worked for me -

Setup a new user account on my xbox, setting location as US.

Downloaded trial to US account.

Bought points on the US account using my Paypal account.

This was a little strange actually. I wanted to buy 800 points and then 400 points, so as to only have the 1200 points needed for the purchase. Using the xbox.com site I purchased the 800 points using Paypal. It then refused to let me process the other 400 point purchase, or any other size purchase.

I tried removing the paypal link, credit card, adding the paypal link back in, nothing worked. Finally I went downstairs and tried adding the points using my xbox, with payment coming from paypal. That seemed to work fine.

Bought game using points.

Login to UK account.

Play game. So far no problems

I hope that helps some of you.

I guess it wont be released here then anytime soon. Bummer, it will get around eventually, i hope. At least we know the reason now. I guess the only one to blame is the shoddy work MS legal dept did by not clearing the name beforehand.

Right so i'm in UK, living in it currently but i just bought 1200 MSP on my US Account and bought Trenched, i started playing it on my US Account, signed out then back in on my UK (Main) Account and am now playing the full version, so if anyone like me is impatient or has stuff to do then you can do this, it costs about £10.42 using PayPal.

Wanted to give out a warning to anyone buying Trenched on a US account and then playing on an EU account:

When logging onto my EU gamertag, it gives an Xbox Live communications error, and thus won't let me play online.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just happened on both my accounts. Is this because I don't have Gold currently? Very odd.

Anyone able to confirm this on their end? Kind of important if people wish to play it on their EU account with their mates.

Off course you can always play on your US account, I would assume, but figured this was important.

You can still play Trenched by yourself in SP on the EU, so it kind of works, but loot doesn't share between gamertags ;)

Edit Two: I am still recieving achievements and considered as "logged in" on my Xbox profile...is the Trenched server down, perhaps? I can see regimen/player upgrades counting up.

Wanted to give out a warning to anyone buying Trenched on a US account and then playing on an EU account:

When logging onto my EU gamertag, it gives an Xbox Live communications error, and thus won't let me play online.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just happened on both my accounts. Is this because I don't have Gold currently? Very odd.

Anyone able to confirm this on their end? Kind of important if people wish to play it on their EU account with their mates.

Off course you can always play on your US account, I would assume, but figured this was important.

You can still play Trenched by yourself in SP on the EU, so it kind of works, but loot doesn't share between gamertags ;)

Edit Two: I am still recieving achievements and considered as "logged in" on my Xbox profile...is the Trenched server down, perhaps? I can see regimen/player upgrades counting up.

You *always* need a Gold account to play multiplayer games on Xbox live.

If you are sick of waiting...find someone with a credit card/pay pal account with money already on it, borrow 21,99 from them, set up a US xbox live account, buy the game.

Its as simple as that people. imo this thread should be closed because we know the reason now and it could take anywhere from a week to months before legal & copyright issues get buried under a sea of money.

Can anyone confirm for me, before I do this, whether or not I will be able to play multiplayer online on my EU gamertag if I buy it through a Us gamertag?

Can anyone confirm for me, before I do this, whether or not I will be able to play multiplayer online on my EU gamertag if I buy it through a Us gamertag?

If your EU gamertag is gold, yes.

I think I'll be unsubscribing to this thread. There's no way this will be quickly resolved and it'll only just irritate me further checking back here to see if there is any news. It's been fun chatting to you guys though. Hope you have fan with Trenched NA or Trenched EU whenever it release.

yes I realize I need gold..it's just the first time I've noticed a game giving a communication error if I didn't have Gold, so I wanted to know if anyone noticed the same, to see if the problem would persist with Gold or not.

So, are we so far gone that we've given up complaining about the delay, even? I was gone for about a week and the thread has hardly moved and there are no news, so I'm not surprised.

Such a shame, really. I think I'll just move along and forget about this game.

Cheerio, folks! Have a good one.

Honestly, the nerve of you is revolting. "We've given up on complaining about the delay, even?"

How is our complaining going to get the game released? Obviously this isn't helping and they aren't allowed to talk about it.

If you really want to show your commitment to the game and play it, then make an US account, use paypal to pay 1200 ms points to that account and play on your EU account after downloading it with your american account.

Cheerio my ass, you're just not willing to go through the hassle and would prefer to complain so others can do your work for you. Tally ho, Old Chap.

So, are we so far gone that we've given up complaining about the delay, even?

It's currently generally believed that the reason for the delay is due to a copyright issue.

Since there's nothing we (forum memebers) can do about it; since MS & DF are (for legal reasons?) keeping schtum; since we have no idea how long we can expect the delay to be (or even if the Euro release has been cancelled altogether); since the big summer XBL titles are starting to be released, most people have resigned themselves to either buying from the US or moving on.

& since most people have resigned themselves to either buying from the US or moving on, there's nothing to post about in this thread :-)

if i made a US account & played this game using my EU account, whats the chances on Microsoft banning my EU xbox account

if i made a US account & played this game using my EU account, whats the chances on Microsoft banning my EU xbox account

like...none. because you bought it fairly and it's their problem if they wanted the game licensed only to one account.

I'm rather certain the chance of getting banned for that is actually less than none.

PRESS RELEASE

TRENCH: A Wargame Full of Portuguese Creativity.

Rui Alípio Monteiro is a new board game creator. Through 'Criações a Solo' he designed his first game, TRENCH, inspired by the 1st World War. The board is in the shape of a diamond with two horizontal lines suggesting the Trenches, and the pieces are pyramid-shaped. All this symbolizes a classic military confrontation on real battlefields. The game has an elegant design, innovative and solid game dynamics. On the line of the great classic games, it has the potential to be played and sold all over the globe.

Always bearing the international market in mind, and after legal advice, Rui Alípio Monteiro registered the brand both in Portugal and internationally. In September 2009, he was granted the Trademark Registration Certificate for TRENCH nº 007508501 in the European Union. On 18th June 2010 he applied for the Trademark Registration of TRENCH in the USA, whose registration was granted on the 15th March 2011 under the Register nº 85066103. He also owns the international Certificates regarding the visual aspect of the game and components. Although the original idea was to produce a board game, he has also registered the trademark for electronic Games, since part of Rui Alípio Monteiro's global project is to turn TRENCH into an appealing electronic game, already in the development phase.

'Criações a Solo' has paid full attention to this leading project and the game gained a reputable list of triumphs filled with praise from both private and public Portuguese entities. All this has put 'Criações a Solo' in evidence during their presence at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2011 in Germany. Those who appreciate strategy games became very interested on TRENCH, including Chess fans. Thus, we can say that the Portuguese entrepreneurs and creators are conquering their well-deserved place internationally.

Currently, TRENCH is on the production phase by the hand of the well-know Portuguese Publisher RUNADRAKE, LDA. and has already an exclusive distributor for Portugal and Spain, SR. BRINQUEDO, LDA. Many news are still to come regarding TRENCH, that will be at the next Essen Fair in Germany.

'Criações a Solo' of Rui Alípio Monteiro and the pioneer project TRENCH are not related to and are chronologically previous to the XBLA game named TRENCHED, recently launched by Microsoft. This company, until the present date, has never contacted nor has any relation with Rui Alípio Monteiro.

'Criações a Solo' and Rui Alípio Monteiro, taking into account all investment already made, cannot do anything else but to obviously defend all their author's copyright and intellectual property against any infringements, as any designer would, and perpetuate their creation with the main goal of putting TRENCH in the international Hall of Fame of both classic electronic and board games.

PRESS RELEASE

TRENCH: A Wargame Full of Portuguese Creativity.

Rui Alípio Monteiro is a new board game creator. Through 'Criações a Solo' he designed his first game, TRENCH, inspired by the 1st World War. The board is in the shape of a diamond with two horizontal lines suggesting the Trenches, and the pieces are pyramid-shaped. All this symbolizes a classic military confrontation on real battlefields. The game has an elegant design, innovative and solid game dynamics. On the line of the great classic games, it has the potential to be played and sold all over the globe.

Always bearing the international market in mind, and after legal advice, Rui Alípio Monteiro registered the brand both in Portugal and internationally. In September 2009, he was granted the Trademark Registration Certificate for TRENCH nº 007508501 in the European Union. On 18th June 2010 he applied for the Trademark Registration of TRENCH in the USA, whose registration was granted on the 15th March 2011 under the Register nº 85066103. He also owns the international Certificates regarding the visual aspect of the game and components. Although the original idea was to produce a board game, he has also registered the trademark for electronic Games, since part of Rui Alípio Monteiro's global project is to turn TRENCH into an appealing electronic game, already in the development phase.

'Criações a Solo' has paid full attention to this leading project and the game gained a reputable list of triumphs filled with praise from both private and public Portuguese entities. All this has put 'Criações a Solo' in evidence during their presence at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2011 in Germany. Those who appreciate strategy games became very interested on TRENCH, including Chess fans. Thus, we can say that the Portuguese entrepreneurs and creators are conquering their well-deserved place internationally.

Currently, TRENCH is on the production phase by the hand of the well-know Portuguese Publisher RUNADRAKE, LDA. and has already an exclusive distributor for Portugal and Spain, SR. BRINQUEDO, LDA. Many news are still to come regarding TRENCH, that will be at the next Essen Fair in Germany.

'Criações a Solo' of Rui Alípio Monteiro and the pioneer project TRENCH are not related to and are chronologically previous to the XBLA game named TRENCHED, recently launched by Microsoft. This company, until the present date, has never contacted nor has any relation with Rui Alípio Monteiro.

'Criações a Solo' and Rui Alípio Monteiro, taking into account all investment already made, cannot do anything else but to obviously defend all their author's copyright and intellectual property against any infringements, as any designer would, and perpetuate their creation with the main goal of putting TRENCH in the international Hall of Fame of both classic electronic and board games.

Last week or so I sent them a Mail and they responded me this morning ...quiet a long mail too...explaining about the same thing. I must say it's definitly not their fault. They can name their product however they want and they have the right to....Definitly Microsofts fault...but I think most uf us already know this story...

Oh Microsoft...you so stupid to have overlooked this.

In any case, to those of you that have managed to get it...enjoy.

Apparently the guy who owns that copyright has come out and said he will fight Microsoft to the end over the copyright because he plans to relase an ipod verison of his board game or something. Really starting to think it will never come out over here at this rate, but it would definitely be nice to hear SOMETHING from DF or Microsoft or anyone at this point. :(