Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
applepieplease

FREE Orange Camo Paintjob

For those who may NOT be aware, if you signup for the Mobile Trench Brigade newsletter on the http://trenchedgame.com/enlist.html web site you can get a FREE ORANGE CAMO paintjob for your Trench. The banner states this is a limited time offer. The paintjob can be found in the store alongside your other paintjobs, after Double Fine sends it to you.

----

Any word on how long it takes to get this Orange Paintjob? I'm assuming based on the form that this is sent out manually so it may take a while to receive.

No. I actually signed up again just to make sure. I think the'll send a code out when they send the first news letter out.

They didn't send me an email, but I was just playing and I got Double Fine camo in my painting selection, so go check that.

I've signed up three times trying to get that paint job. Whoever does get around to sending it is going to ticked.

I wish they did say that it may take some time to get the paint job, because, at least imo, the form implies you will get it very quickly (when it says that it may take some time for the first letter, but in the mean time enjoy the paint scheme).

It's very CASE sensitive when you enter your gamertag. I thought I might have messed mine up the first time so I went back a couple days later and put in my tag more carefully and it appeared in my paint shop instantly. Just go to Modify Core- Change Paint job and select your sweet new camo! I love this game so much I want to have Double Fine's baby!!!!

If you miss out on the orange paintjob, don't worry too much - it's not incredibly unique or anything, nor especially visually appealing. :P Nice to have, but you're not missing out on Bling Mk II or anything like that. ;)

Finally got mine yesterday. Personally, I love it. Sure, it's not as ostentatious as the bling, but you see less people with it.

I got it, but too many people pick Bling, Black, and it; so I'll just stick with my first choice of Red.....NO ONE PICKS RED?!?! WTF ARE THEY CRAZY?!

I got it, but too many people pick Bling, Black, and it; so I'll just stick with my first choice of Red.....NO ONE PICKS RED?!?! WTF ARE THEY CRAZY?!

Obviously, not many Trenched players are Char wannabes. Which is kinda odd, what with the mecha and all. Huh.

I generally play with the same group of people (I have yet to go online and play with any randoms at all) so yeah, I don't really know what's most common out in the world. I'm fortunate in that we actually do have a stable Regiment with regular players. :D

I've input mine like 4 times and still have nothing, kinda ticking me off. And I rock the red all friggin day!

I've input mine like 4 times and still have nothing, kinda ticking me off. And I rock the red all friggin day!

Give it some time. It's a holiday weekend in the US so it may take longer than normal to have a Double fine employee update the logs.

This may seem like a weird question but do you have to have your name spelled exactly like when you created your live profile as well? I go by my middle name and thanks to my partents my name has been written differently on different documents and i can't remember exactly which one I used when I created my live profile.

The name field doesn't really matter, I entered my gamertag as my name and got my DF paint job in a day :)

Guess who just joined the Mobile Trench Brigade? Yeah! This guy! <-- :)

Just got me a 360 so I can help out in the war effort. Luckily I was also able to nab this DF paintjob deal too!

Alright, do these people have a "contact us" option somewhere? I've been trying for damn near a week and still no freakin paint job.

Alright, do these people have a "contact us" option somewhere? I've been trying for damn near a week and still no freakin paint job.

*Stupid browser. Sorry for the double post.

Nope. You don't get an email or anything, it just appears in your game without any notification. It doesn't even show up as new in-game with the blue gear icon, it's just there when you start the game. If you check and it's not there, try again. Just be sure you spell and capitalize your gamertag exactly, that will make a difference.

I know that. I'm asking if there is a "contact us" option on the forum somewhere so that I can e-mail somebody and ask wtf is going on. Most web sites have such a thing.

If you signed up before the deadline, and didn't get your orange and yellow, send me a message, and I'll check our Paint Delivery System.

I did my first one before July 4th (was when I first complained in this thread), was that before the deadline?

Is this offer going to be brought back for those in Europe and elsewhere that didn't get to take advantage of the DoubleFine Paintjob? It is a really cool looking paintjob. Hopefully everyone else isn't left out because they couldn't purchase the game over the Summer.

Is this offer going to be brought back for those in Europe and elsewhere that didn't get to take advantage of the DoubleFine Paintjob? It is a really cool looking paintjob. Hopefully everyone else isn't left out because they couldn't purchase the game over the Summer.

I signed up back when the game was originally due to come out in June but, being a UK resident, I thought I wouldn't get it. Anyhoo, When I loaded IB up, there was my paint job so, if you signed up when the offer was available, you should have it :)

When they speak of a free orange paintjob are they in fact referring to the Double Fine paintjob?
Yes. Also for those of you still wondering the offer is now over. You only got the paint job if you signed up durring like the frst week of the news letter anouncement.

Sorry I have been ignoring this!

I'm just not sure what we're going to do yet! We cut that offer off back in July or something but that seems pretty damn unfair for the people of Europe! I'm going to talk with "my people" about this and we'll "see what we can do."

BONUS: we have a few special items that we held back from the Martian Bear DLC that we have to figure out how to give away. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Love,

Brad

Sign in to follow this