• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Uriel_Archangel

DLC and Options Wish List Updated 7/14/2011

Always nice to have a list for things to wish for.

New Parts

More guns,

3 Slot machine gun that has insane fire rate.

2 or 3 slot shotgun that is fully automatic.

Mine launcher (with a limit to how many can be on the field) maybe a 1 slot.

6 slot uber artillery, makes you one giant cannon.

a sniper that is 1 slot for engineers only.

a Gungnir with piercing rounds.

Close range weapons like saws, wrecking balls, spiked balls, chain balls, spiked chain balls, rods, pincers, drills, pile bunkers, bayonet, hand guns, or a wrench to repair other Trenches with. -trenchedone

A magnet that repels Tubes. -trenchedone

Emplacements

A companion, small walking robotic turret that follows you around, it dies after a few hits though. -trenchedone

More Chassis,

New "class" of Chassis

Scout, Moves the fastest, cant really use emplacements, can only use light shotguns and light machine guns (Shredders and no effects).

Sniper, More zoom levels, 1 heavy or support emplacements, can only use snipers but get bonus effects with them.

Tank, Heavy armor, slowest, enemies will target them over other Trenches (Blitzers and Knobs).

Medic, Ability to use their scraps to heal the base and/or other Trenches (was thinking this would be a good endless mode Trench).

Legs

Legs that can jump, or just climb hills/steps. -trenchedone -sleeps

Wheels, treads, reverse joint, and Hovercraft leggings.

Augmenting items and Money usage.

You put your weapon in and it gives you a random bonus or other goody, but as you enchant more the likely hood of it taking away everything get’s higher. -zerg_x

Spend money on upgrading your weapons to augment them to increase accuracy, range, and/or give them different types of affects (Shock, Slug, Flak, MIRV, Cluster, Ect). - Ace

Spend money on weapon attachments like Scopes, Larger magazine, Ect. -GarrickDR

Ability save and name loadouts. -trenchedone

Custom camo and Decals - Alot of People

The ability to apply decals on our trenches either just pre-made decals, or custom ones. -trenchedone

Ability to Remove turrets that were placed -A few People. I agree and don't with this. Ability to remove your turrets good but any turret just leads to grieving.

New Characters/Outfits

Raz, really anyone from the Psychonauts' game.

Eddie, or anyone from Brutal Legends.

Master Chief Armor (its a Mircosoft game shouldnt be to hard for rights).

Female Soldiers. - Alot of People

cant think of to many more with out getting in to rights issues, but i guess any Microsoft Studio's game shouldn't have issues.

Hats

Hats with left and right handed salutes. -Spaghettaboutit

Ormagöden hat and salute -Wandrian

PANTS

New maps/Longer Story

Endless mode on any/all maps would work. -Basicly everyone

The Broadcast could effect a new person or just find Vlad's work and become corrupt.

Crossover with Brutal Legends.

Crossover with Psychonauts, maybe a rouge Psi.

A Randomization option for each map. -busboy33

Alternate storyline where the Tubes win and you play as Evil Tube Doppelgangers and Evil Tube Trenches, this would also open up a Versus Multiplayer mode. -Mifune Zero Thirteen

Level editor - A few People

Gauntlet Mode -Wandrian

Siege Mode -Wandrian

Hard Mode - alot of people

Versus Mode - a few people (thanks Ace for pointing out i keep overlooking adding this)

Challenge Mode - Ace

Split Screen/Local Co-op

Ability to Skip Cut-scenes that you have seen before - Alot of People

Compass/Spawn names -DefectiveHuman

More Ranks!

Better Balance

almost every game i play everyone is using the Karlsson with either 2 “Mr. Pancakes” or 2 Gungnir or a combo of each. most people just place as many turret magnets as they can all over the field before plopping down and shooting as the closest spawn point. very few people play as the engineer and even fewer play as the Standard Chassis. there needs to be a better balance.

Maybe making the engineers turrets cost half as much as the standard and the Assault cost twice as much.

A Vote to Kick Option

Loadout Restrictions -DefectiveHuman

Southpaw control option - a few people

Leaderboards -Glyph

A leaderboard for each gun kill

A leaderboard for each emplacement kill

A leaderboard for Scrap collected.

A Leaderboard for Survival/Endless Mode.

ect. Most leaderboards on the xbox get hacked anyways so not a priority.

BEARS!!! -zerg_x

Not all things are good ideas, but ideas get the ball rolling. Feel free to add what you would like. I will try to keep this main post updated.

I would like some female soldiers.

While it doesn't really make sense that you would have any female marines shortly after World War I.......but it IS an alternate timeline and well I've actually seen this one requested more than a few times.....I know it's not for a few years, but I'd like to see Rosie the Riveter....

While it doesn't really make sense that you would have any female marines shortly after World War I.......but it IS an alternate timeline and well I've actually seen this one requested more than a few times.....I know it's not for a few years, but I'd like to see Rosie the Riveter....

To be fair, it doesn't make much sense that you'd be riding around in a mech fighting TV monsters shortly after WWI, either. However, I get your point about aesthetic, but there have been a bunch of requests for female pilots. They could base the model on that one woman from the WWII posters when women actually started joining the workforce. Can't remember the name to look it up right now. I only want them to add it, though, if it won't take too much time away from adding new gameplay levels and modes (and rewards).

To be fair, it doesn't make much sense that you'd be riding around in a mech fighting TV monsters shortly after WWI, either. However, I get your point about aesthetic, but there have been a bunch of requests for female pilots. They could base the model on that one woman from the WWII posters when women actually started joining the workforce. Can't remember the name to look it up right now. I only want them to add it, though, if it won't take too much time away from adding new gameplay levels and modes (and rewards).

I don't know if you are joking but I'm pretty sure you are talking about Rosie the Riveter....

That's the lady. I wasn't joking when I suggested that, either. If they did want to add a female character, basing her on Rosie would probably be a good start.

This was posted on facebook by me so I thought I'd post it here as well...I love the game the way it is but these are things I'd personally love to see..

-Give people the ability to add arms on these MT's for melee combat and throwing things...also you could add weapon arms like saws, wrecking balls, spiked balls, chain balls, spiked chain balls, rods, pincers, drills, pile bunkers, bayonet, hand guns, or a wrench to repair other MT's with, additional mg's, etc...maybe give the MT's a slight drawback for having them if people don't like the idea..also adding an arm would take a slot....the x button could control the left arm, the b button the right arm..both together could initiate a physical throw(must have an arm that can grab)..

-A jump button to use on occasion (a couple of times on the trainyard I could've used this) this isn't totally necessary but a good idea..

-An additional ability using the magnet as a reverse polarity weapon to throw tubes around...instead of simply throwing physically

-Allow us to save and NAME our loadouts...

-I'd like another faction to go up against with their own style of MT's, and be able to go up against infantry...logic dictates germany, or even another good aligned one russia

-Chassis which have armored bunker style canopies on top of them incasing the pilot, these would have slightly better armor but maybe the same amount of slots as a standard trench and slightly less speed, or would have to have arms (see above)

-Maybe I'm just early in the game but the ability to dig into the earth like at the beginning of the game, doing so would make reloading way faster, and only take half damage...but at the cost of losing the ability to walk

-The ability to apply decals on our trenches either just pre-made decals, or custom ones..

-An emplacement that is a small, walking robotic turret that follows you around (ala R-Type), it dies after a few hits and you have to use scrap to rebuild it..

-Using the select button to see you trench from a different view (side, front, cinematic) not really to play the game but to see how cool you look

-An endless/skirmish mode as was mentioned, maybe after you beat the game

I know it's highly unlikely to get even a fraction of these in the game right now, but it's worth mentioning..

thanks for the great game..

I endorse much of what has been already said, but in order to demonstrate to Double Fine a genuine demand for these things, I want to see DLC in the following:

A Survival endurance mode; if this game would have launched with this I would have given it a near perfect 10. A Tower Defense game lacking such a mode is a glaring deficit. However, the game is still excellent, best Arcade game for the year.

A female Trench Pilot, and more male versions would be nice.

More missions, more Trench chassis, and enemies are of course desirous.

This was a great game, and I would like to see it supported with DLC to keep the game alive.

Leaderboards could also be fun. They could use the finishing % or time for the rankings with unused scrap as the tiebreak (if unused is not possible then substitute collected). The leaderboards could then be further broken down by the number of players starting the mission (that way player could not disconnect prior to finishing). If they could combine a leaderboard with a survival mode then it would be even better.

-- A Randomization option. Currently, each map has a pre-set spawn pattern. 5 Tommys spawn from the Leftmost conduit, then 6 Reds from the from the Right Conduit simultaneously with 20 knobs from the center. After you play a map a few times, you know the exact trench loadout and emplacement positioning. I know where to be at any given moment, where to be facing, even when to shoot. As a result, the game loses its excitement.

If there were an option to set the enemy spawns to random, it would be like each time you played would be like the first time. What's coming in this wave? Where are they coming from? Do I need flak turrets here or there? Maybe mines in front of the center conduit will be essential . . . maybe nothing will come from there.

Best of all, allowing the waves to be randomized would add immense replay value without requiring any new assets. The exact same Monos, the exact same emplacements, the exact same trenches, but every game would be a unique situation. You could play the game over and over, without getting bored or complacent.

-- Female pilots

I must admit some of these ideas are genius and some are a bit weird. Either way, it's a good balance.

I would also like a better balance, almost every game i play everyone is using the Karlsson with either 2 "Mr. Pancakes" or Gungnir or a combo of each. most people just place as many turret magnets as they can all over the field before plopping down and shooting as the closest spawn point.

very few people play as the engineer and even fewer play as the Standard Chassis. there needs to be a better balance. Maybe making the engineers turrets cost half as much as the standard and the Assault cost twice as much.

I like most of trenchedone ideas.

Mainly the "-The ability to apply decals on our trenches either just pre-made decals, or custom ones.." cause no machine is complete with out decals.

Also one of the smaller problems people seem to be having is having too much money. I suggest augmenting items.

Pretty much works like the enchanters in Torchlight and Diablo where you put your weapon in and it gives you a random bonus or other goody, but as you enchant more the likely hood of it taking away everything get's higher.

It could solve the money problem and be able to make some cooler guns.

Survival mode is a necessity. Hard mode for existing campaign levels would be nice.

Increasing the enemy health while decreasing the cost to upgrade turrets would make upgrading turrets actually useful (other than mine layers, collectors, and dampening generators).

I think adding in a very expensive custom paint job option would get rid of all of that pesky money people have saved, while adding more diversity in mech colors.

wouldn't a female marine take away from the MANLINESS of the game?

also, Rosie the Riveter is mentioned in the description of the weapon "Rosie" it is a shotgun with explosive rounds

a survival/hard mode is a must.

i think there needs to be more variety in the chassis, there are only 6 (i think) to pick from and the rest are just more armored versions. maybe there could be a medium chassis with 2 left slots and 1 right slot, and has one emplacement slot for each type. or an engineering with only 1 weapon slot, but 3 heavies and a support. also some more powerful versions of rares from earlier in the game would be cool. like a more powerful "jackhammer" shotgun, or stronger Experimental device. they had cool effects, but just aren't good enough to use in the later levels. I think some more variety in the trench parts could go a long way.

we need trenches with 4 slots on each side or more, we need missiles and chassis with special abilities like a karlsson mk 4 with quick load or shock, we also need a 3 slot rotary auto cannon (really big machine gun) with a damage of 100 and a rate of fire of between 25 and 50 with range 500, and don't forget we need an artillery nuke doing 500 damage with sustained damage, as well as a flame thrower and energy weapons, and iv been thinking an artillery beacon would be nice as well (a weapon that fires a beacon that when it hits the ground after so many seconds an artillery strike impacts on and around that point

well this concludes my ideas at this point and ill be back on later

we need trenches with 4 slots on each side or more, we need missiles and chassis with special abilities like a karlsson mk 4 with quick load or shock, we also need a 3 slot rotary auto cannon (really big machine gun) with a damage of 100 and a rate of fire of between 25 and 50 with range 500, and don't forget we need an artillery nuke doing 500 damage with sustained damage, as well as a flame thrower and energy weapons, and iv been thinking an artillery beacon would be nice as well (a weapon that fires a beacon that when it hits the ground after so many seconds an artillery strike impacts on and around that point

Are you interested in maintaining any challenge in the game?

wouldn't a female marine take away from the MANLINESS of the game?

also, Rosie the Riveter is mentioned in the description of the weapon "Rosie" it is a shotgun with explosive rounds

a survival/hard mode is a must.

i think there needs to be more variety in the chassis, there are only 6 (i think) to pick from and the rest are just more armored versions. maybe there could be a medium chassis with 2 left slots and 1 right slot, and has one emplacement slot for each type. or an engineering with only 1 weapon slot, but 3 heavies and a support. also some more powerful versions of rares from earlier in the game would be cool. like a more powerful "jackhammer" shotgun, or stronger Experimental device. they had cool effects, but just aren't good enough to use in the later levels. I think some more variety in the trench parts could go a long way.

Females take away the MANLINESS of something only if you aren't secure about your MANLINESS. Do you have MANLINESS insecurity issues?

My DLC Wish are for playable Evil Tube Doppelgangers and Evil Tube Trenches. This allows for an alternate storyline where the Tubes win (I haven't finished the game, I'm just assuming the allies win) and allows for a Versus Multiplayer games.

Female players exist too you know lol

This is starting to sound incredibly like MechWarrior...artillery beacon, 4 slots, missiles, rotary auto cannon, and there even is an artillery nuke-like thing in Mechwarrior xD

If we are going to have bigger weapons in this game, we need bigger enemies with more resistances.

If we are going to have bigger weapons in this game, we need bigger enemies with more resistances.

Agreed. The higher rank weapons are already too powerful so unless the enemies dramtically increase in difficulty there is no room for improved weapons or the like.

Agreed. The higher rank weapons are already too powerful so unless the enemies dramtically increase in difficulty there is no room for improved weapons or the like.

This is why i requested a better balance. Endless mode will have to have more enemies per wave, and increasingly more health and/or resistances.

Maybe a few new enemies with total Splash immunity (forcing people to use things other then Artillery), a Boss with Immunity to both Splash and Bullets (forcing people to use broadcasters), make Shocking instant kill a enemy type (forcing shock mines or people to use shock weapons).

Now a trench with 1 Rosie grenade launcher, a Broadcaster, and a Machine Gun emplacement can kill everything on this list.

But if you want to specialize then you would need a team, this would force people to look at other's Trench and communicate with one another to make it far in a mode that would include all these Tube types.

I would love to see this. I enjoy this game but i am tired of joining room after room of no one talking and everyone bringing a Mr. Pancake Trench (Mr. Pancake is a trench on Advanced Tripod legs, Karlsson Mk IV chassis, and 2 "Mr. Pancakes")

Yes Yes DLC! i want more. More Parts! Survival Mode! Hard mode! But definately a Survival mode!

My wish is pretty simple, split-screen. Would love to see new maps and Marine clothes as well.

Female players exist too you know lol

This is starting to sound incredibly like MechWarrior...artillery beacon, 4 slots, missiles, rotary auto cannon, and there even is an artillery nuke-like thing in Mechwarrior xD

well i knowit sounds like mech warrior cause i got some of the ideas from my friends and it and i have had another idea a medic class with a repair ray to heal other mechs and for every variant of the mech the repair ray would heal faster as well as it should have one weapon slot and the built in repair ray with either 3 heavy weapon and 1 support emplacement or 2 heavy, 1 light, and 1 support

but you know they may not be that original but wouldnt you want to have them on your mech and in mech warrior there isnt a nuke its called a long tom and it blows

Are you interested in maintaining any challenge in the game?

not really cause i would have all of them done in a week unless they did never ending challanges or mayby challanges to level 100

Would love local co-op and also random spawn points was a good one. New parts are a given.

Add a southpaw control scheme to the list. This would include swapping the left & right sticks, swapping the left & right bumpers & triggers and swapping the face buttons and d-pad direction functionality.