Sign in to follow this  
Uriel_Archangel

DLC and Options Wish List Updated 7/14/2011

How about a level editor of some sort?

Fantastic Idea in theory, but then what's to stop people making maps just to stats pad ect?

I would love to see this. I enjoy this game but i am tired of joining room after room of no one talking and everyone bringing a Mr. Pancake Trench (Mr. Pancake is a trench on Advanced Tripod legs, Karlsson Mk IV chassis, and 2 "Mr. Pancakes")

I will second this complaint about the abundance of Pancake trenches. It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because "The King" is a better artillery canon anyway - it has the MIRV+ capability of "Mr. Pancake", and the Cluster+ capability of "The Prince".

Also, can we get more people playing engineering trenches, please? Seems every game I join just has a bunch of guys with all of the massive weapons - and not even necessarily smart choices, either.

- Scott

I think what I want more than endless mode is an ultra-hard difficulty setting for each map. It should have more, tougher enemies spawning simultaneously. The point is it would be so hard that without good teamwork and communication you would NOT beat it. Then they should get their own medals that unlock special gear you can purchase for a large amount of cash in the store (gives some use for all that money) as well as some new drops with a chance to get legendary gear. Also, add ranks 11-20 that can only be leveled up on these hard maps, or, rather, take an exorbitant amount of time to level up on regular maps. Basically, the hard maps give around 10x the experience of regular maps and each rank takes a LOT of experience to level up. Then, between all the new loot options, add 3-5 new pieces of gear per rank (probably around 40 in total). I think these changes would add months of play time all on their own, and, while I don't know much about programming, it seems like a relatively easy thing to implement.

Since I've got most of the achievements now I play an engineer trench now. Though yes...I do hate the Pancake Trenches lol. There should be a limit to which chassis can have what weapons like what glyph said in this thread.

I would love to see this. I enjoy this game but i am tired of joining room after room of no one talking and everyone bringing a Mr. Pancake Trench (Mr. Pancake is a trench on Advanced Tripod legs, Karlsson Mk IV chassis, and 2 "Mr. Pancakes")

I will second this complaint about the abundance of Pancake trenches. It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me, because "The King" is a better artillery canon anyway - it has the MIRV+ capability of "Mr. Pancake", and the Cluster+ capability of "The Prince".

Also, can we get more people playing engineering trenches, please? Seems every game I join just has a bunch of guys with all of the massive weapons - and not even necessarily smart choices, either.

- Scott

"Mr. Pancakes" has a hidden magnet ability, so you dont even really have to aim the shell, just make sure your MIRV gets close

"Mr. Pancakes" has a hidden magnet ability, so you dont even really have to aim the shell, just make sure your MIRV gets close

Yea I saw that too during a couple of games. Another weapon with unmentioned ability is the Lieutenant Archie with knockback.

edit: final mission? I think I got it a lot of times on that one.

we need trenches with 4 slots on each side or more, we need missiles and chassis with special abilities like a karlsson mk 4 with quick load or shock, we also need a 3 slot rotary auto cannon (really big machine gun) with a damage of 100 and a rate of fire of between 25 and 50 with range 500, and don't forget we need an artillery nuke doing 500 damage with sustained damage, as well as a flame thrower and energy weapons, and iv been thinking an artillery beacon would be nice as well (a weapon that fires a beacon that when it hits the ground after so many seconds an artillery strike impacts on and around that point

well this concludes my ideas at this point and ill be back on later

Are you interested in maintaining any challenge in the game?

not really cause i would have all of them done in a week unless they did never ending challanges or mayby challanges to level 100

I am merely unclear as to why you need all of the Mechwarrior knock-off uber weapons to do a marathon survival mode. You weapons wish list seem to imply that the wide palate of weapons in existence and or similar DLC variations would be insufficient. The game is not terrible difficult, the enemies are easily killed with existing weapons. Therefore your pleas for this mega-weapons seem more to be in line with the guy chasing flies through the house with a chainsaw.

How do you get Mr. Pancakes?

Wow, really? I've got about a dozen of them. I'm actually getting kind of annoyed by it - I've gotten "The Prince", "Mr. Pancakes", and "Bernanke's Revenge" about a hundred times conbined.

- Scott

Mr. Pancakes is a common piece of loot in later missions, particularly the volcano and the final boss mission.

we need trenches with 4 slots on each side or more, we need missiles and chassis with special abilities like a karlsson mk 4 with quick load or shock, we also need a 3 slot rotary auto cannon (really big machine gun) with a damage of 100 and a rate of fire of between 25 and 50 with range 500, and don't forget we need an artillery nuke doing 500 damage with sustained damage, as well as a flame thrower and energy weapons, and iv been thinking an artillery beacon would be nice as well (a weapon that fires a beacon that when it hits the ground after so many seconds an artillery strike impacts on and around that point

not really cause i would have all of them done in a week unless they did never ending challanges or mayby challanges to level 100

I am merely unclear as to why you need all of the Mechwarrior knock-off uber weapons to do a marathon survival mode. You weapons wish list seem to imply that the wide palate of weapons in existence and or similar DLC variations would be insufficient. The game is not terrible difficult, the enemies are easily killed with existing weapons. Therefore your pleas for this mega-weapons seem more to be in line with the guy chasing flies through the house with a chainsaw.

there is a reason i did not add these to the wish list, these weapons are unnecessary and honestly seem they were thought up by a 12 year old.

How do you get Mr. Pancakes?

Wow, really? I've got about a dozen of them. I'm actually getting kind of annoyed by it - I've gotten "The Prince", "Mr. Pancakes", and "Bernanke's Revenge" about a hundred times conbined.

- Scott

Not to mention the insane amount of machine guns and low level things you stock up on while replaying all the missions. I don't bother selling anything since money isn't worth anything now.

there is a reason i did not add these to the wish list, these weapons are unnecessary and honestly seem they were thought up by a 12 year old.

You Sir, have earned five (5) Internets for that LOL.

Sorry, I don't know if these have already been mentioned or not, but:

How a about a Scaled difficulty setting where the enemies are scaled to your equipment so it will always be a certain level of difficulty, this way when you collect all the amazing new items and hard mode even becomes easy you could try this so even the first levels would be difficult again.

And in the harder mode please don't just make them have more health and that's all. Make more of them come from different sides and a variety of them.

Also, more enemy types would be awesome!

And I know you guys are going to include a survival mode with probably boss enemies after every so many waves. But I think you should also include a Boss survival mode, where all you fight is bosses. That would be fun as well.

Also, me and my friend wished there was a versus mode (not just points.) Where you go against other trenches and fight, and possibly send out monovisions toward each other and would be able to buy emplacements to kill them (idk if the emplacements would be able to attack enemy trenches or not though). This would be very cool I think. Also, maybe you would have to spend money to send out monovisions? Or they just keep coming in waves toward enemies. This would feel kind of like League of Legends from the description of it (which isn't a bad thing!)

And I don't know how you would fix this, but I'm just throwing this out here: Me and my friend, when we were playing last night, we got pretty disappointed how near the end, everyone just had all the same few guns. We were wishing it was like an MMO in that: some weapons were like super rare and not everybody ended up getting them so some people would have weapons others don't and those others would have different weapons as well. Then everybody could be different and have specialized trenches, it'd be really cool so not everybody had the same everything at the end. That's a boring end and a disappointing one too. Make us have uniquity to our weapons, somehow.

Also, maybe you could customize your weapons? Put little augment slots onto them to increase accuracy, or range, or give them different types of bullets (shock, slug, etc.) That'd lead to some cool creativity.

Or howabout trenches that COMBINE! O: Like transformers. You would have the right half chassis and your friend would have the left half one and you could combine for like double damage or faster fire rate or something crazy. That'd be cool.

And if not that, howabout monovisions that combine!? They just immediately run towards each other and if they get there then they become a super awesome monovision that is verrrry hard to kill.

ALso a mode similar to L4D's versus. Let one team play as the monovisions and send them out, that would be awesome.

And possibly a challenge mode with different challenges like one where you have to kill like 4 Bertha's being protected by like 10 jakes. It would be a looong straitaway before they got to the base of course, but that'd be something fun too.

And ridiculous weapons that people would use just for fun: teddy bear shooter doing like 10 damage :P

The recent comment about people trending towards the more powerful weapons is perhaps inevitable and rather unfortunate at times. If there were to be a Survival mode, one option that could be added is a feature seen in many other games such as Borderlands, Gears of War, or the Halo franchise and that is that weapons of one type are handicapped and another boosted during rounds, the effect changing at the conclusion of each round. This would dissuade people from running around with two Mr. Pancakes or the like. Modes could also include an emplacement round, where Trench weapons do less damage but emplacement damage is amplified.

A key thing in a good wave mode is overcoming patterns in game play, the player will identify this early on and then this makes the first set of rounds boring exercises of the same thing up until the difficulty factor inters in to create the challenge that the player was seeking at the start.

A possible means of balancing this out is give a team a credit allotment for the trench chassis, so that they have a set number of point that can be allocated. Not enough point to get everyone a Karlsson or the like. For a quick run down, say in a four player game a set of players would have 24 or less collective points. Points would be easily identifiable with the number of weapon slots on the Trench.

Since the Karlsson has 6 slots, times four players would give 24 credits. The less credits players use the higher the multiplier the team would receive. This would create more teamwork with player deciding whether to go all four Karlssons using up all 24 credits and get no multiplier, or use four Selkers and have a sixteen fold multiplier but they loose the punch. This would generate a lot of haggling over who gets what and how to allocate their credits and whether to go for firepower or a bigger multiplier.

This approach may make the leader boards more interesting and create a more attractive process rather then take more guns and hold the line.

I wouldn't mind some attachable Weapon Mods...

Things like a Scope to improve Range,

or a longer barrel for increased damage,

or a shorter barrel for increased spread (shotgun),

or increased magazine size.

Those standard CoD-esque things.

I just think an (Automatic Weapon) attachment to throw on guns like the higher level sniper rifles, shotguns, or Grenade Launcher would be nice.

Maybe Mech mods as well? Like slottable/socketable equipment (a la Diablo 2) to increase Defense, Speed, Reload speed, Magnet range/power, Emplacement cost reduction %, etc...

Someone on another Thread mentioned diversifying the Emplacements because of the uselessness of lower ranked ones by having different types of the same turret for different bonuses. Example, one Sniper turret w/ longer range, but increased cost -- another with increased damage, but shorter range -- another with reduced cost but less damage, etc. ad infinum. Maybe slottable/socketable turrets as well?? Throw in a Fire Rate++ mod on those mortar turrets!! That'd make for some added strategy.

i am trying to keep this updated and filter out bad ideas or combining very similar ideas.

i am sorry but if i dont add it to the update i either over looked it or felt that it was just a really bad idea, like the 500 damage super artillery DoT area Nuke.

How about a warning when about to sell certain items like special drop only items or purple items like say the Double Fine paint job?

well now i just want those weapons cause they would be cool and i thought them up befor i put 2 and 2 together that i was unintentionaly copying mechworrior

How did you guys get your DF paint job? Was it just there when you updated the game or did you have to do something for it?

How did you guys get your DF paint job? Was it just there when you updated the game or did you have to do something for it?

Wrong thread for this post, but it will be available in-game (as a Rank 1 paint) once one of the Double Fine staff has a chance to update the enlistment logs. Simply select it like you would with Olive and off you go.

So... you dont think any of my ideas were good? ._.
Augmenting items and Money usage.

You put your weapon in and it gives you a random bonus or other goody, but as you enchant more the likely hood of it taking away everything get’s higher. -zerg_x

Spend money on upgrading your weapons to augment them to increase accuracy, range, and/or give them different types of affects (Shock, Slug, Flak, MIRV, Cluster, Ect). - Ace

Spend money on weapon attachments like Scopes, Larger magazine, Ect. -GarrickDR

i added yours

the scale i admit i glanced over and thought it was meant for scaling per person in the game more so then it scales now. Now that i read it i feel that earlier levels should be easier and alot of people are still having issues with Volcano.

Vs i keep over looking in everyone post. i shall update after this reply.

Unique guns are hard, alot of people are saying spending you money on upgrading guns. This way would solve the money issue and the slight differences in guns.

i thought the Combining Mechs would be a cool idea but not very practical.

Combining Monos is another cool idea but they might aswell just come out with a super Mono instead of the combining ones. less work to make one then 2 on their part.

The player controlled Mono is a good idea but someone already posted an altered Story line that you play as Mono Trenches, so i did not add yours.

I overlooked the challenge mode and shall add it.

ON LINE MULTI PLAYER?

DEATH MATCH

TEAM DEATH MATCH

CTF

ALSO HOARD MODE?

MORE PARTS LIKE GATTLING GUNS AND FLAME THROWERS

AND WHY JACK BLACK AND KYLE GASS ARE NOT DOING AT LEAST DOING ONE OF THE CHARACTERS IS BEYOND ME

HOWEVER GOOD FECKIN JOB YOU GUYS THIS GAME HAS SOOOO MUCH POTENTIAL IT JUST NEEDS DEATH MATCH OF SOME KIND TO BE A GAME I WOULD PLAY EVERY DAY

Custome paint job.

Put a RGB color bar in there so you can make any color you want and then maybe have an option for patterns and such that would change with it.

skinny marines!

I like customizing my character, even more so when I can relate to it. More often than not though I'm stuck between either the beefy soldier or the petite femme fatale. Where's the creepy tall thin guy?

I know marines are suppose to be tough but the robot is doing all the work in this game. If anything the marines should all be fat.

I'm a fan of all things sci-fi and fantasy, but if we're going to augment our weapons and turrets could we put the magical colored gems aside and just... I don't know... have different specialized munitions to equip? please?

Lastly, as stated by the intelligent and crafty minded Glyph in his other posts, having an equilibrium between all weapons and turrets would be awesome - keeping everything useful and nothing becoming obsolete. I would think the guy who designed those earlier weapons would be rather upset knowing most of his work was going unused. Not only is balance preferred, but I like most of the designs for the weaker weapons (fashion before function). Rank 10 big sewage drain artillery cannon? lol no thanks. Speaking of artillery, where's the artillery turret? Remember the big green cannon that falls out of the sky? I want the smaller version of that. Little engineer guys like big weapons too.

The ideas could go on and on, but this is what I want most.

Oh wait, there is one more thing. Purely just cosmetic though. I hate how all the legs look in this game. The trench looks awesome with the sandbags, barbed wire, and what not. But the legs are just goofy (quadruped in movement - lol). Sooooo, I'd like a helicopter/biplane propeller below or above my trench, giving the appearance that my trench is hovering at the height of a normal trench. I don't expect to fly or anything, just look it. If you don't like propellers you could have jet engine propulsion thingies keeping you afloat instead...Treads? Tires? Jointed dog hind legs might look cool (ED 209!). They're referred to as mobile trenches, not walking trenches. As long as the trench is able to move, it should be allowed lol.

No expectations that anything stated above will be added, just daydreaming.

i thought the Combining Mechs would be a cool idea but not very practical.

mm Let a person with a small trench (maybe just engineer) mount onto a larger trench (maybe only the largest trench) and let them become a turret with increase firepower, or increase the power of the larger trench (maybe just heal over time them or give some kind of buff).

Kinda dumb and weird, but it'd work out on some kind of game atleast.. >:-(

--Engineer is about helping the team, not just racking up kills with your big guns, right? :coolcheese: