Sign in to follow this  
Uriel_Archangel

DLC and Options Wish List Updated 7/14/2011

-an Ormagöden hat with a two-handed horns salute

And just special hats that let you left handed salute with the left trigger while you can do the normal right trigger/right handed salute.

I got two:

1. - For the jumping legs, make them reverse-jointed legs....like an insect, where the knee they bend backwards, so they can spring forward.

2. - Legs that let you heal. Their special ability would make you lockup and heal yourself and units around you. Now to make sure it's not cheap or a broken mechanic, you won't be able to shoot, it would be like the sprint ability, but instead you are stationary. -I'd say this is a must have for an Engineering Chasis in co-op games.

2. - Legs that let you heal. Their special ability would make you lockup and heal yourself and units around you. Now to make sure it's not cheap or a broken mechanic, you won't be able to shoot, it would be like the sprint ability, but instead you are stationary. -I'd say this is a must have for an Engineering Chasis in co-op games.

Wouldn't this undermine the importance of the repair turret? Sorry, I don't see this adding anything to the game other than making one of the few emplacement types pointless.

Wouldn't this undermine the importance of the repair turret? Sorry, I don't see this adding anything to the game other than making one of the few emplacement types pointless.

i agree with Glyph and want to point out that the repair emplacement is pointless as it is. there is 0 penalty for breaking down, you just have to wait for a teammate to fix you or in single player you just have to mash a button. Repair in this game is useless.

i agree with Glyph and want to point out that the repair emplacement is pointless as it is. there is 0 penalty for breaking down, you just have to wait for a teammate to fix you or in single player you just have to mash a button. Repair in this game is useless.

Just like any other turret out there there is also a Trench part that is very similar....now as of right now repairing isn't that important, but you do a survival mode or make the levels harder then you will need to heal.

A key difference between these legs and a repair turret is that you can freely move the healing unit(just couldn't while healing) where ever they so please without the worry of cost of scrap, the average of 100 scrap pieces is a LOT, when compared to the other turrets. Also since it doesn't cost you any scrap you can start using it when ever you so please, this would free up a support emplacement for an Engineer.

Healing legs second'd. If we do get a survival or hard mode, that niche ability would become much more useful if it was balanced well.

Just like any other turret out there there is also a Trench part that is very similar....now as of right now repairing isn't that important, but you do a survival mode or make the levels harder then you will need to heal.

A key difference between these legs and a repair turret is that you can freely move the healing unit(just couldn't while healing) where ever they so please without the worry of cost of scrap, the average of 100 scrap pieces is a LOT, when compared to the other turrets. Also since it doesn't cost you any scrap you can start using it when ever you so please, this would free up a support emplacement for an Engineer.

For the record, no weapon or emplacement does what a leg ability can. This includes Sprint, Fortify, Quickload, Smash, Stun Smash and Explosive Sprint. If you had argued for a healing weapon and not a pair of legs then it might be justified; legs that replace a turret is not.

EDIT: It should also be noted that a Repair turret is the only turret that cannot be upgraded. As such, the high cost is justified in that it never needs to be upgraded once one is deployed. Keep in mind that the turret only costs the Engineer 80 scrap to deploy due to their 20% savings too.

For the record, no weapon or emplacement does what a leg ability can. This includes Sprint, Fortify, Quickload, Smash, Stun Smash and Explosive Sprint. If you had argued for a healing weapon and not a pair of legs then it might be justified; legs that replace a turret is

beating me to the punch again Glyph. Dang you!

I understand the desire for PvP/Deathmatch modes, but I just don't understand how that would work. None of the existing maps provide a good battleground in that they are small enough that you can pretty much see/reach everywhere with little effort and there's no real cover. So at the very least DF would have to design and create new maps just for this, and building a successful Deathmatch map is harder than just dropping some blocks in an open fiend and saying "go for it".

More worrisome is that the game design of Trenched doesn't lend itself to Deathmatch. If you attack, then you essentially sacrifice the benefit of emplacements, so now its "just" mech vs. mech, which eliminates half of the game. So of course you'd have to bring nothing but Karllson IV and The King or Gunganir or Mr. Pancakes . . . so now you've eliminated the benefits of customization as well. Who's gonna bring an easily damaged Engineering chassis to a Deathmatch? You want to go toe-to-toe with your scythes vs. my Pancakes? I doubt it.

Of course, you can still use emplacements if you camp like a champ, so everybody will drop a repair and sniper emplacement, never stray more than 3 feet from them, and either just randomly spam artillery volleys or try to put sniper shots on target . . . both of which will be relitively ineffective if the target is standing next to a massive repair crane.

Rather than sounding fun and exciting, this sound boring as hell to me. This isn't wanting to get Deathmatch into Trenched . . . this is wanting a Mech Deathmatch game and trying to shoehorn that into Trenched. Lets not ruin a great game by making it something it isn't, and probably can't become.

more map levels. longer story line. more weapons. more level for your character. just an update to make it a longer game in general would be really appreciated. its an awesome game, very replayable and just amazing. dlc is necessary.

For the record, no weapon or emplacement does what a leg ability can. This includes Sprint, Fortify, Quickload, Smash, Stun Smash and Explosive Sprint. If you had argued for a healing weapon and not a pair of legs then it might be justified; legs that replace a turret is

beating me to the punch again Glyph. Dang you!

I never said or implied that any weapon or Emplacement does what leg abilities can do. But I don't see a problem with there having a leg ability that is similar to an Emplacement. Just think about how there is almost no reason to use anything other than either Advanced Tripod Legs (Fortify+/Quickload) or Speedy Biped Legs (Sprint+). Sure I sometimes see Hot Pants, but basically it boils down to this, are you playing a fast mech or are you playing a slow tank. Now I don't have a problem with those two legs, they are GREAT, but you do end up with a lack of reason to change it up really, it's so unlike the weapon load out.

I mean think of how many different opinions there are out there about what is the best weapon load out, sure most people go with King/Pancakes/Gungnir, but there are still good reasons not to.

If your point of saying that since no Emplacement does what Legs can do, and so the Emplacement must be a weapon. I'd argue that I don't want to play with a heal-gun al la TF2 or Monday Night Combat....I don't want to go chasing people around, I want to hunker-down with the tanks and stare at the endless waves of enemies, just as any slow moving mech game should feel like.

I think something should be called, Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, I don't care what it is, I just think that a name that ridiculously long is something that belongs in a Double Fine game.

AND YES that is an actual name of a hill in New Zealand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu

New_Zealand_0577.jpg

Here is a video of someone showing the whole sign to give perspective as to how long it is.

Spaghettaboutit

you do not need to double post, you can edit you old post... really you have twice the amount of post i do and we both started posting the same day and i am managing this thread.

healing leggings is not a good idea, that is why we have a Repair Crane. this idea is in league with 500 damage nuke AoE DoT super artillery.

I understand the desire for PvP/Deathmatch modes, but I just don't understand how that would work. None of the existing maps provide a good battleground in that they are small enough that you can pretty much see/reach everywhere with little effort and there's no real cover. So at the very least DF would have to design and create new maps just for this, and building a successful Deathmatch map is harder than just dropping some blocks in an open fiend and saying "go for it".

More worrisome is that the game design of Trenched doesn't lend itself to Deathmatch. If you attack, then you essentially sacrifice the benefit of emplacements, so now its "just" mech vs. mech, which eliminates half of the game. So of course you'd have to bring nothing but Karllson IV and The King or Gunganir or Mr. Pancakes . . . so now you've eliminated the benefits of customization as well. Who's gonna bring an easily damaged Engineering chassis to a Deathmatch? You want to go toe-to-toe with your scythes vs. my Pancakes? I doubt it.

Of course, you can still use emplacements if you camp like a champ, so everybody will drop a repair and sniper emplacement, never stray more than 3 feet from them, and either just randomly spam artillery volleys or try to put sniper shots on target . . . both of which will be relitively ineffective if the target is standing next to a massive repair crane.

Rather than sounding fun and exciting, this sound boring as hell to me. This isn't wanting to get Deathmatch into Trenched . . . this is wanting a Mech Deathmatch game and trying to shoehorn that into Trenched. Lets not ruin a great game by making it something it isn't, and probably can't become.

Monday Night Combat style or kinda like DOTA.

Computer spawns enemies, players are the heroes, killing spawn gives scrap for emplacments like in MNC. Engi chassis can put down the heavy turrets, and with the back up of it's turrets it wouldn't be that hard to play on your own really. I guess going that route though would require one to play more defensive, but you could still place things like land mines and sniper turrets.

And the big chassis would still be very slow so it wouldn't matter that much if it had all the fire power in the world.

Spaghettaboutit

you do not need to double post, you can edit you old post... really you have twice the amount of post i do and we both started posting the same day and i am managing this thread.

healing leggings is not a good idea, that is why we have a Repair Crane. this idea is in league with 500 damage nuke AoE DoT super artillery.

This isn't my first rodeo, I know how to post, I don't need help. I know I can edit have done so on many other posts. This is my style, I see that my second post was not part of that reply so if anyone who is reading sees that the reply is not for them then they can just skip that post and move on to the next. It's simple and I will continue at my style of posting unless I am asked not to by an admin. I have been very active in other threads so don't kid yourself, I'm not in it for the post count. And I'm not in it for the faux power trip of being the forum police, or I would be educating you on starting your sentences with capital letters...point is I guess you don't like my idea but this is a wish list and if you don't like it, it doesn't matter, it's not your wish. I'm here to bring ideas to the table, just as you are.

So... you dont think any of my ideas were good? ._.
Augmenting items and Money usage.

You put your weapon in and it gives you a random bonus or other goody, but as you enchant more the likely hood of it taking away everything get’s higher. -zerg_x

Spend money on upgrading your weapons to augment them to increase accuracy, range, and/or give them different types of affects (Shock, Slug, Flak, MIRV, Cluster, Ect). - Ace

Spend money on weapon attachments like Scopes, Larger magazine, Ect. -GarrickDR

i added yours

the scale i admit i glanced over and thought it was meant for scaling per person in the game more so then it scales now. Now that i read it i feel that earlier levels should be easier and alot of people are still having issues with Volcano.

Vs i keep over looking in everyone post. i shall update after this reply.

Unique guns are hard, alot of people are saying spending you money on upgrading guns. This way would solve the money issue and the slight differences in guns.

i thought the Combining Mechs would be a cool idea but not very practical.

Combining Monos is another cool idea but they might aswell just come out with a super Mono instead of the combining ones. less work to make one then 2 on their part.

The player controlled Mono is a good idea but someone already posted an altered Story line that you play as Mono Trenches, so i did not add yours.

I overlooked the challenge mode and shall add it.

The main reason I say the scaled difficulty is because I fear after the everyone gets the new best, awesome, super guns from the DLC, even hard mode will be too easy, like how it is now. I want there to always be a challenge and that's why I say scale the difficulty to the weapons you have.

Also, IDK if you added this to your update list or not, but I think the idea someone said about random spawning for the enemies would be good, so every game could be different.

I also still believe firmly in the multiplayer (versus) idea, it'd be like League of Legends and awesome! :D edit: noticed that this WAS in your first post, sorry.

As well as the Endless Boss mode, pure bosses. That would be a fun twist.

And please - useful, unique, something to make them good: Broadcasters.

edit: I notice a lot of people wanting legs with specific abilities, I just want any legs that are useful, I don't care what they do, because to me most of the legs just aren't that practical or useful really.

And I'm guessing along with the DLC, there'll be an update. So I'm asking if there is going to be one. Please update sprinting legs, they would be the only useful ones if the sprint was so clunky and akward, it's awful, lol.

And also an update that allows us to see who is actually talking would be appreciated and surprisingly, very helpful.

Perhaps with the harder modes, repair things will be necessary?

point is I guess you don’t like my idea but this is a wish list and if you don’t like it, it doesn’t matter, it’s not your wish. I’m here to bring ideas to the table, just as you are

I'm not in any way trying to be rude or pick a fight, but Spaghettaboutit is right. The thread is basically titled wish list. Being the main guy and keeping track of what people want you kind of have an obligation to put everything people suggest up on the board, regardless of how absurd the idea may seem to you. Arbitrarily deciding whats good and bad is kind of a arrogant.

Of course some ideas are better than others and a lot of people want the same thing. You've already shown this by putting some ideas in bold. Just continue off that. Put up the "bad" ideas as well and just make the font a bit smaller, or just show how many people agree with said idea. If that's too much work for you (I wouldn't want to do it lol) then maybe someone else should be in charge of this kind of thread. Or change the title to "Good Ideas for DLC". lol

In more relation to the thread I'd like to see maps that are more "tower defense" like, with zigzagging paths (kind of like the power plant level). But with tons and tons of enemies showing up halfway through. So if you don't set up a good defense then you'll be overwhelmed later on. Basically I want maps aimed toward engineers, rather, I want maps that require good turret defense setups. Not just having the right turrets, but placing them in the right spots.

p.s. I think someone called the nuke guy's idea childish (12 year old maybe?) but spiked balls, chain balls, etc are on the list... lol uhhh... For real bro? For real? Sorry.

Wouldn't mind a weapon with some type of freezing/ice type ammunition.

And maybe different munitions for the emplacements instead of more emplacements so they might be able to pierce or have shred and not have to go through a huge list of emplacements to do so.

The main reason I say the scaled difficulty is because I fear after the everyone gets the new best, awesome, super guns from the DLC, even hard mode will be too easy, like how it is now. I want there to always be a challenge and that's why I say scale the difficulty to the weapons you have.

I hope that DLC weapons will stay in line with current ones, or if they raise the Ranks, add new items, and new levels then the new levels will be harder for those new items, and then the hard mode will make every level a challenge for any item set they come out with.

My entire point is there is ZERO penalty for breaking down. If they added a penalty then maybe (MAYBE) Healing legs would not be a bad idea if they required scrap to use.

The thread is basically titled wish list. Being the main guy and keeping track of what people want you kind of have an obligation to put everything people suggest up on the board, regardless of how absurd the idea may seem to you. Arbitrarily deciding whats good and bad is kind of a arrogant..

No i dont even have to update this list. I could of just made this post and let it run wild.

p.s. I think someone called the nuke guy's idea childish (12 year old maybe?) but spiked balls, chain balls, etc are on the list... lol uhhh... For real bro? For real? Sorry.
They can be balanced, 500 damage AoE DoT super artillery sounds like a kid that just wants god mode.

Some random ideas, just based on comments from friends in-game.

Trench parts:

- Legs with Jump Jets. It's a no-brainer!

- Assault chassis with more variety in turret slots. Right now there's no reason to use anything but Karlsson Mk IV - the McGarry does give you two light turret slots, but it only has 5 weapon slots. You roll Assault because you want lots of weapons, so nobody's going to take 5 slots over 6, unless that gave you an *additional* turret spot.

Weapons:

- A high-level variant of the Jackhammer auto shotgun (it's what, level 3?)

- A high-level variant of the Rosie (explosive shotgun) so level 10 Engy loadouts can get a single-slot explosive weapon

Marine items:

- Beards and moustaches! What's more manly than facial hair?

- Pants would be nice, but really, facial hair.

- Did I mention facial hair?

Gauntlet Mode:

A play on the survival/endurance mode so many wish to see, the goal would be to stop enemies as far away as possible from the objective. Enemies would spawn from a single direction, but their spawns would be protected by walls(blocking snipers/sniper turrets) and would have no viable chokepoints(to minimize the effectiveness of mines/dampeners). Terrain would become increasingly favorable for the players the closer tubes get to the objective, but tubes that pass the halfway point start to cause the health of the objective to drop and the further they get, the faster it drops. If the objective goes long enough without losing health, it slowly heals. Naturally, the longer it lasts the tougher every wave would become---with the final, hundredth wave consisting of nothing but boss tubes(Big Willy/Bertha/Arty/Volt Dropper) and pests(Jacobs/blitzers/knobs/burst transmitters/snipe tuners/worms/gas/thunderstorms). I believe 100 waves would be more than enough, at that point boredom/fatigue should set in(who can sit still for THAT long?)

Siege Mode:

The battlefield is larger, with many more tube spawns and more spawn waves. The goal is to lock down every area of the battlefield before things pick up too much. Engineering trenches would be more useful for once because there would simply be too many tube spawn points for four Assault trenches with their weaker emplacements to lock down, even with sprinting legs and snipers. If an area isn't successfully locked down, the tubes getting through could well cause panic amongst the players and result in massive damage to the defenses/objective. Assault trenches would remain useful though, as something would be needed to take out Jacobs rapidly and Engineering trenches would really be ineffective at stopping any breach as they lack firepower.

My entire point is there is ZERO penalty for breaking down. If they added a penalty then maybe (MAYBE) Healing legs would not be a bad idea if they required scrap to use.

Oh, I see what you mean now, yeah I guess you're right. When I play and someone even bothers to use a repair crane, instead of standing next to it forever, I just let myself go down and get revived as this instantly takes you to half health and takes much less time. I guess you're right, there is no penalty at all for going down... that's pretty odd to me.

Perhaps if they implement the idea where you can augment your weapon by putting it in something and getting a random goody back, then that could be the penalty. If you go down then you lose all your bonuses, I'm sure that would be a big enough incentive to get people to use repair cranes and other repair items and to try hard not to die.

And don't be deterred by these other people's opinions, what you're doing here is great. I actually appreciate it, as I'm sure others do, and I'm sure Double Fine does as well.

Keep it up man! ^^

What if they were to use randomized weapon sets? like in borderlands? That way you will have an endless supply of new unlocks.

I'm all about the map editor opiton, it would be cool if people could make their own maps choose what enemy types, how many. Be even better if people could try everyone's creations via live.

What if they were to use randomized weapon sets? like in borderlands? That way you will have an endless supply of new unlocks.

I'm all about the map editor opiton, it would be cool if people could make their own maps choose what enemy types, how many. Be even better if people could try everyone's creations via live.

More pointless items is more work for no purpose. As Trenched exists currently only ~10 weapons are even worth using. Why add more that will never be used? I have stated this before but every decision should be important. At Trenched exists now, 90% of the customization options are either superficial or wasted. When was the last time you used a Makeshift or Standard turret? When was the last time you used a weapon that was below Rank 5? Borderlands was a fantastic game for the humor but the weapon balance was horrendous. Every time the level cap was moved the previous versions of all the weapons became worthless. Is that the type of game you want Trenched to become? It is bad enough that it has tons of wasted items already.

Glyph, you just gave me an idea.

What if using lower-class weapons produced more scrap to work with and using light emplacements that were well below your rank used less scrap? With some testing, a good compromise could likely be found that would allow the bonus scrap gained from using weaker weapons and the reduced cost of using lower-class emplacements that would prevent players from having a ridiculous amount of scrap available or being able to spam emplacements more effectively than their higher-class variants.

Adding to the great list above im going to suggest a Flamethrower that can do damage similar to a machine gun but leaves a DOT on the tubes!

Female Pilots would be an interesting addition (especially if they are hot lookin' ;)

HAIRSTYLES would be neat along with hair colors too Blonde, Red, Brown...etc.

a gun similar to Lt. Archie but it would be a giant 6 shooter with a longer range and more damage

Tattoos would be an interesting addition

and this would probably go along with paint jobs, but if youve ever noticed theres a light on the front of your trench and ive always thought it would be a fun addition to change the color of it.

minigames on the main ship, like arm wrestling (press the A button as fast as you can to see who wins) or gambeling, or wrestling (buttons pop up and who ever clicks them in order fast enough wins) and just other little manly things like that, that could unlock more achivements and equipment for your trench or marine

for emplacements a sheild generator for those damn blitzers might help out!

gloves for your marine, boots, pants, and stuff...maybe props that they could carry around on the ship

and as for a head piece for your marine maybe after so many tube kills you could earn a TV headpiece?

just some of my current ideas, tell me what you think about these ideas!!!! <3

I would like to have female soldiers. I would also like an SOS feature that allows ppl to join while the game is going. I have had ppl jump out of games mid battle(either dc or deliberate bail) and leave me to fight by myself. If I could send an SOS I might be able to get help to finish the mission. More missions and a level breaker, soooon! :cheese:

What if using lower-class weapons produced more scrap to work with and using light emplacements that were well below your rank used less scrap? With some testing, a good compromise could likely be found that would allow the bonus scrap gained from using weaker weapons and the reduced cost of using lower-class emplacements that would prevent players from having a ridiculous amount of scrap available or being able to spam emplacements more effectively than their higher-class variants.

Either in this topic or in another topic about the emplacements didn't Glyph already suggest making makeshift and standard cheaper to place and/or upgrade? For the weaker weapons producing more scrap, i think that is called a Ripper...

At this point any solution will only cause too much work. Trenched was simply designed using an archaic loot system. There will never be an easy way to correct this mistake without changing the entire system. Sure, you can partially correct this by having rank affect weapon damage or scrap cost but that will never 'balance' the game and it will only confuse most players since the enemies scale awkwardly.