• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Uriel_Archangel

DLC and Options Wish List Updated 7/14/2011

just an idea here

but if you could unlock/buy PETS for your marine that had a special effect on the battle field?!

that way they would have a purpose beyond just looking neat.

a pig - multiplies the scrap you get or increases it

a hawk - allows you to zoom in more

a turtle - more health for your trench (OR) allows tripod legs to VERY SLOWLY move while locked down?

a mini monovision - +damage to special spawns (Big willie, Volt dropper, etc.)

a rabbit - faster movement

a bat - makes a monovision radar come up

a baby bear - makes your smash legs do more damage/ longer stun

feedback? :)

how about instead of just adding new weapons, you could upgrade current ones to make them more useful? because its well known that not all of the weapons are effective...soooo maybe instead of just bringing out a bunch of new weapons the LOOT BOXES could drop PARTS of an upgrade for current guns...and you would have to get so many parts until you could upgrade your weapon once. it would have to RANDOMLY drop them too so people just couldn't just farm the same place over and over again.

dont get me wrong a few NEW weapons would be pretty neat like a flame thrower, melee weapons and things in that nature!

BUT since ive noticed you guys are so worried about this game becoming obsolete everytime they come out with new weapons i figured this idea might help out?

so heres an example: you playing with your buddies and a loot box drops, at the end of your mission it says you've found 1/4 parts to upgrade Lt. Archie (EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY NOT BE USING A LT. ARCHIE) so you keep playing through a bunch of missions (WHILE COLLECTING OTHER NEW "PARTS") and you finally get 4/4 for Lt. archie...you go to your mech bay and go into your weapons menu, and you see that to upgrade Lt. archie you hit the Y button and BOOM you have an upgraded Lt. Archie!!!

and ANOTHER plus to this would be to eliminate the annoying problem of getting 16 of the same thing, in other words the loot would be more spread out and therefore would make it more timely to get all the guns, paint jobs, and vanity items in the game!

PLEASE tell me what you think :)

just an idea here

but if you could unlock/buy PETS for your marine that had a special effect on the battle field?!

a turtle - more health for your trench (OR) allows tripod legs to VERY SLOWLY move while locked down?

seems like a rip off of either Castle Crashers or D&D Wizard's and sorcerer's familiar...

How about bears?

That's it.

Whole game is bears.

Trench is a bear. Implements are a bears. Ship is a bear. Even the bears are bears.

Everything. Bears.

Even the textures, all bears. Not like bear looking fur either, I mean like, full on bear.

And it's called bears.

just an idea here

seems like a rip off of either Castle Crashers or D&D Wizard's and sorcerer's familiar...

yeah but it would just be a little thing to add to the game to make on ship interactions and on the battle field interactions a little more interesting

How about bears?

That's it.

Whole game is bears.

Trench is a bear. Implements are a bears. Ship is a bear. Even the bears are bears.

Everything. Bears.

Even the textures, all bears. Not like bear looking fur either, I mean like, full on bear.

And it's called bears.

douche...

How about bears?

That's it.

Whole game is bears.

Everything. Bears.

And it's called bears.

douche...

No it's called bears.

I would love to see a survival mode, as well as a few new weapons and Chassis.

OH, and a set of hover legs that allows you to bypass some obstacles.

I'm down with whatever DLC they provide. The fact is the game is already on point. Anything they come up with will be great. I personally just want them to add something for me to spend some of this money on. I don't see a point in money just yet as you unlock most of the best stuff by fighting. I am also big fan of the addition of a female marine and maybe some "more feminine" camo patterns. I know my wife would take more interest in the game if it was more "female friendly".

Also, I think that in the store, items need to cost waaaay more, like 15,000 and such, because almost everyone has SOO much extra money in the game now and nothing to spend it on. There needs to be something to spend money on, that needs to be a big focus, because so far it's almost still completely useless. Also, for the store to be useful and for that to work the store needs to have unique items that people would actually want to save up for. They would be suuuper expensive to give people a goal, they wouldn't necessarily be the best, just unique, like - specialized weapons. With a purpose and stuff. Either that or weapons need to be muuuch rarer drops so people would actually have incentive to spend money in the store over getting the weapon as a drop. Personally, I'd prefer the first option of unique items as I believe that would be more fun and cause people to want to spend money in the store more and would give us a better reason to save up for things.

But really a big thing is everything at the store should cost like 10x more than they did before. Everything. We can't have like $200 marine items in the DLC like before, because than everyone will just buy everything immediately. I really like the idea of the store which is why I'd like unique items for it. But everything needs to cost waaaaay more than before for the store to be practical.

I agree...though I still wouldn't buy anything in the shop as it currently is. I have to reiterate the "female character and colors" comment though. I think that it would open up the player base and even I would rock a pink trench from time to time. Hell, a pink trench with those experimental guns would look super "awesome".

I'd like to have an option to select wheter or not to accept the loot at the end of a match (accept or decline for each piece of loot)...

I'd like to have an option to select wheter or not to accept the loot at the end of a match (accept or decline for each piece of loot)...
Why would you want that? It's not like you have bag space. Plus if you accidentally press no you're screwed.

Why would you want that? It's not like you have bag space. Plus if you accidentally press no you're screwed.

that´s a point...but the same applies when you sell stuff...

My point is that by now I have every item there is and I don´t want to sell my useless stuff all the time just to keep my inventory clean...I like it clean;)

I agree. It's kind of annoying that my inventory screen always shows "NEW", when in fact I have every weapon in the game 100 times over. The ability to save a few loadouts seems obvious when you have this many options for your Mech. Just to beat a dead horse. I too, would like a survival mode. Making rank and money mean something besides "now I can wear that hat!" Also, where are the Orange items. Truly rare ones. As has been mentioned before. Everybody has the same weapons. Why call an item rare and then give me a hundred of them? Less loot boxes with more meaningful loot? As far as character options (which I personally don't care about) how about letting people use their XBOX avatars? I would also like to be able to choose my turrets more freely without the restrictions. How come I can choose any weapon that will fit but am limited chassis to chassis on the turrets? Maybe they could have slots and bigger/better turrets would take up 2 slots, while weaker/standard turrets would take up one? Something like that.

A way to get back unique items you've lost and making them impossible to sell would be nice, I believe.

*grumbles under breath about Dazzle paintjob being the property of the McKinley's shop owner*

we need repair rays or repair legs/chassies

We don't need more stuff to make the game easier than it already is.

I think it'd be a waste of resources to add more chassis' or legs in the DLC - what we need is greater incentive to use some of the options already in the game, that no one seems to use - everyone either uses the Karlsson, or the Selker. It's far more rare that you see someone using the McGarry, or the Honeychurch, or the Woodruff chassis.

They should add some more high end weapons, maybe increase the level cap, and modify some of the existing weapons (such as the overpowered and overused Mr. Pancakes) to make them less universally popular.

That, plus some new challenges - either in the form of turbo-charged versions of the existing maps, or new maps, and hopefully an infinite wave challenge, would leave me happy. This is a $15 game after all, and they aren't going to go nuts with the DLC for it.

Don't even bother adding new turrets - just give us more incentive to use a wider range of the existing ones. You can own most maps with nothing more than the basic light turrets. Snipe and mortar turrets are fun, but not really necessary.

In other words, force people into having a wider range of trench specialization beyond the binary choice of "big damage or cheap turrets?". I'm tired of joining games that consist of three other guys in Karlsson's with dual Mr. Pancakes.

This game could have longer legs than any of the other DF XBL arcade titles released in the past year, if they support it well. I love Trenched - just give me a reason to keep playing it..

- Scott

I'm playing through this game and I've been thinking an extra 10-20 levels would be appreciated, even if I didn't get anything out of it, there's something about leveling up that I just really love.

wouldn't a female marine take away from the MANLINESS of the game?

also, Rosie the Riveter is mentioned in the description of the weapon "Rosie" it is a shotgun with explosive rounds

no one likes a cock fest...

I would like a trade/store feature. I've gotten so many Mr.Panakes,princes etc that I would like to be able to either sell them to other players or trade them to other players. The uber drops seem to be kinda hit n' miss and I'm tired of always getting the same drops. =(

I would like a trade/store feature. I've gotten so many Mr.Panakes,princes etc that I would like to be able to either sell them to other players or trade them to other players. The uber drops seem to be kinda hit n' miss and I'm tired of always getting the same drops. =(

...IMHO this ins't really necessary (at least now)...There isn't that much loot and the uber-weapons are (most)

all lvl 9-10 so you can't donate them to low-lvls either. By the time they're lvl 10 they gonna have them as well anyway...

Make it possible to obtain unique items again or make it impossible to sell them(such as the two paintjobs or marine equipment that can't be purchased). That'd be lovely :P

Not to pick on Shake McQueen because I do agree with the sentiment behind a lot of what he said. I too am very tired of there only being 2 chassis worth using and the limited turret value.

I think it'd be a waste of resources to add more chassis' or legs in the DLC - what we need is greater incentive to use some of the options already in the game, that no one seems to use - everyone either uses the Karlsson, or the Selker.

I think the reason you only see them is that they are really the only VIABLE chassis options. I WISH all 6 of the chassis had value, but IMO they do not. In co-op ESPECIALLY there seem to be only two roles in the game; "turret emplacement" and "direct tube killer". Given the two play styles, there is no need for the standard chassis, so two out of the six options are pretty much right out.

If you are doing "turret emplacement", the Selker is the best (only) chassis choice as it offers 2 heavy turrets and 2 light turrets. It is the ONLY chassis that offers 2 heavy turrets AFAIK, and if you are planting turrets you'll want as many heavy turrets options available to you as you can since that is your role / job. Anyone can place light turrets so getting them covered in a group of four players is easy. It's much more difficult to get the different options of heavy turret out there.

If you are playing "direct tube killer", you want to have the biggest damage dealers available to you at a time or at least as MANY smaller ones as you can. The big weapons require all 3 slots and the Karlsson is the ONLY chassis to have 3 slots on each side. Alternatively if you want a lot of damage options you'll still want as many slots as possible and fill them with 6 scythe machine guns or...

Even in single player, if you are trying to rely on turrets to help you beat a map, then you NEED to go engineering chassis. If you are relying on your weaponry to win the map, then you NEED to bring as many guns or as big of a pair of guns as you can so you'll want to go assault chassis. I would love for someone to show me a use for the standard chassis as this point where they would not be BETTER OPTIMIZED with either an Engineering or Assault chassis. To be clear, I'm not saying that people can't or won't play with the Standard chassis because of personal preference, but I can't see a case where the Standard chassis is a more optimal solution.

I think they need to tweak the Chassis differences more. The McGarry is just a sub-optimal Karlsson (1 less weapon slot, and arguably no better load out options). The Honeychurch is just a sub-optimal Selker (same number of weapon slots, but can't place 2 different types of heavy turret). The Hamer is the closest chassis to being a 3rd playable option (IMO w/ 3 weapons slots on one side and the ability to place 1 heavy turret) but 2 Hamer's is less optimal than 1 Karlsson and 1 Selker (IMO).

This is a $15 game after all, and they aren't going to go nuts with the DLC for it.

I hope that Double Fine do not agree with this statement. Just because the game had a low initial buy in cost doesn't mean that they shouldn't treat it as they would any other SUCCESSFUL game. I would be willing to pay $15 again for an equal amount of trenched content (assuming that 4 player co-op is viable). Just because the initial game wasn't $60 shouldn't limit how much after market support it gets from DLC. If they decide to make a DLC for Trenched that costs $15 and offers 15 more missions, survival aka endless aka horde aka infinite mode, 4 re-tweaked chassis (Hamer, McGarry, Woodruff and Honeychurch) and some additional weapons, levels, turrets and bad guys I would buy it in a heartbeat at $15 in MS points.

Don't even bother adding new turrets - just give us more incentive to use a wider range of the existing ones.

Agree and disagree. The incentive to use different turrets isn't good enough, but I don't think that isn't a good reason to add more options. I can rarely think of a reason I would want to plant a shotgun or flak turret over a machine gun turret but that doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate another light turret option OTHER than Flak or Shotgun.

You can own most maps with nothing more than the basic light turrets. Snipe and mortar turrets are fun, but not really necessary.

In Engineering mode, machine gun, snipe and mine turrets are all that I use. I find it wildly useful but YMMV. I would absolutely love the option to have a load out that is 2 heavy, 1 light and 1 support... If the Honeychurch had that option I would use it over the Selker ALL DAY, but people who don't dig on the support and prefer the shotgun turret over any support option would be able to use the Selker. That's an EASY change to make and instantly (IMO) makes the Honeychurch a viable chassis.

Another option I would love to have available is McGarry with 3 right, 2 left, 1 heavy turret and 1 support turret. Make up for the lack of the heavy mortar or sniping on one side with the heavy turret emplacement and force me to use the 2 left slots for machine guns to fight off air tubes or Farnsworth's blue balls (wording intended... hey, if the game can do it, why can't I?)

In other words, force people into having a wider range of trench specialization beyond the binary choice of "big damage or cheap turrets?". I'm tired of joining games that consist of three other guys in Karlsson's with dual Mr. Pancakes.

A simple fix would be to force more specialization by taking away the option to HAVE 3 guys with dual Mr. Pancakes in a given map. Allow some fixed (2, 3?) limit on the amount of copies of a given weapon can be deployed per map. If you are afraid of angering the people who want to just use dual Mr. Pancakes all day, allow the host to set the limits. If the host can limit the play styles, and you don't like the play style the host has in effect you are welcome to join another game session or try to convince the host to change the setting. I'm not saying it's a perfect plan, but it would be easy to implement. There are other ways (re-balancing weapons and chassis) that work better IMO, but they are also harder and more time consuming.

I would LOVE to see the option to "combine" turrets. Add a "workshop" option on the ship. If there were a way to combine a machine gun turret with a collection prong, or a sniper turret with a flak cannon or... I think that would be ideal. I would gladly even RISK two turrets for the chance to get one better one (same with weapons). Let me risk a "Massive Machine Gun Turret" and a "Dampening Generator Mk III" and some fairly large amount of money (5000, 10000, 25000) for a 50% chance to get a turret that does machine gun damage equal to a "Standard Machine Gun Turret" and has the properties of a "Dampening Generator Mk II" and a 50% chance of just losing both turrets and all the money. You want a Gungnir that is auto with a 2 round clip? Combine (risk) a Gungnir and a Baby Nasty and get a gun that takes 3 slots, has a 2 round clip, a fire rate of 5 and does 200 damage. Is that better than a Gungnir or a Fighting Wolverine? I dunno, but let me try it and find out.

There are all sorts of combinations we could try out and even if you lose both turrets or weapons and get NOTHING, the game is already easy enough and promotes farming that it's only a minor loss of time for a way to make a very unique new way to approach a given map. If you add the ability to trade or sell (in game, to other players) these new creations it adds a TON of replay value and more unique specialization and customization per player.

I'd like to see the ability to re-map triggers to different weapon spots, not simply left versus right.

For example, if you had a karlsson with a MG and sniper cannon on each side, map the MGs to the left trigger and the cannons to the right.

Probably more work than it's worth... it would add more customization to builds, but that might rob some of the challenge of design.

i love ALL the ideas for the DLC, ESPECIALLY the SWARM MODE and LONGER CAMPAIGN!! :D id PAY for that! all the other stuff, like weapons, clothes, etc i think should be free or added in with all the other stuff. 10 or 15 bucks for all of these ideas and id totally pay it man!

@DefectiveHuman

Use your trench to fill out the thing you are missing.

I.E. if you need long range weapons you put a sniper rilfe on while you have your turrets fill out AA or whatever.

Turrets may be cool but they can't move or have the same rate of fire and reload time that you have. Plus you don't have to run all over the place cause you have crap turrets cause you can still place some good ones and have enough to upgrade them.

Most of my set ups are with the standard chassis cause I don't have to worry to much on each thing I'm defending, and if something does need extra help I can be there and not get my ass kicked.

You know what would be great? Multiple save files.

Basically, an easy way to start over while still retaining my 'main marine.'

Maybe prestiging. Meaning, voluntarily starting your marine over at level 1 for some kind of reward. Maybe a badge by your username or some prestige vanity gear.

just an idea here

are you serious? this is a MECH game, NOT something from PEDA. anyways, this game is SO easy, why does everyone wants stuff to make it so simple theres no challenge at all?! if you suck so much, play with 4 people and youll rape the monovision. if you dont, then either you all suck or the sucking players outnumber the good players or you just got bad teammates. if they put ANY dlc out that makes the game EASIER than it already is, im gonna be PISSED. you people need to atleast have some kind of challenge and the dlc has to DO WITH THE GAME. Jesus Christ.