• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Uriel_Archangel

DLC and Options Wish List Updated 7/14/2011

How about bears?

That's it.

Whole game is bears.

Trench is a bear. Implements are a bears. Ship is a bear. Even the bears are bears.

Everything. Bears.

Even the textures, all bears. Not like bear looking fur either, I mean like, full on bear.

And it's called bears.

douche...

No it's called bears.
LMAO xD good job zerg, youve pissed off the people that dont get that youre making fun of retarded ideas.

How about bears?

That's it.

Whole game is bears.

Trench is a bear. Implements are a bears. Ship is a bear. Even the bears are bears.

Everything. Bears.

Even the textures, all bears. Not like bear looking fur either, I mean like, full on bear.

And it's called bears.

douche...

No it's called bears.

Hmmm I want some clarity. Are we talking about people or animals? Because there is a HUGE difference and I only feel VERY STRONGLY about one of the two choices.

How about bears?

That's it.

Whole game is bears.

Everything. Bears.

And it's called bears.

douche...

No it's called bears.

Hmmm I want some clarity. Are we talking about people or animals? Because there is a HUGE difference and I only feel VERY STRONGLY about one of the two choices.

were talking about zerg_x being a s h i t head

are you serious? this is a MECH game, NOT something from PEDA. anyways, this game is SO easy, why does everyone wants stuff to make it so simple theres no challenge at all?! if you suck so much, play with 4 people and youll rape the monovision. if you dont, then either you all suck or the sucking players outnumber the good players or you just got bad teammates. if they put ANY dlc out that makes the game EASIER than it already is, im gonna be PISSED. you people need to atleast have some kind of challenge and the dlc has to DO WITH THE GAME. Jesus Christ.
SECOND!!!

I would like to see shamrock pants (possible increase in rare drops,) or a green paint job. Maybe a dlc for Ireland to get the pants? Maybe a trip to Asia? Firecracker pants anyone? Taste my chopsticks of Doom, Tube!

I'm all for endless mode, and more maps, more difficulty, more game options (such as random waves).

Really I just want more of everything, weapons, chassis, etc.

Specifically I would like a standerd chassis that is 2 right, 1 left, and one of each emplacement, and/or an engineering chasis that is 2 light emplacements, 1 heavy emplacement, and 1 support emplacement, and 2 weapon points in either combination... maybe even just one weapon point, but that's pretty gimpy.

I feel like those 2 wouldnt imballance the game really since the engineering one is basically in the middle of the Selker and the Honeychurch, and the standard one trades a light emplacement for a heavy one at the cost of a weapon mount, or you could think of it as a hammer that traded a support for a light, and moves over one weapon point.

Here's some additional things I'd like to see that I haven't seen listed so far (at least haven't made it into the first page's main post):

New Tubes:

-"Predator" tubes: cloaked so they walk right by your turrets. They could have the "Predator" shimmering effect or be semi-transparent to the players too to make them even harder to see. They attack the base like the Resistors, i.e. close range only.

-"Cloaking" tubes: like the Jacobs shields the tubes around them, the cloaking tubes cloak the tubes around them giving them the "Predator" effect. The cloaking tubes themselves are not also cloaked (or maybe they are... that would be that much harder).

-"Tunnel" tubes: a new style of approach, they can burrow underground. They can move for a given (limited) amount of distance underground. As soon as they start taking damage, they burrow only to pop up later some distance further down their path. A new style of turret would then be needed to counteract these new threats.

-"Digger" tubes: like the "Tunnel" tubes, they can go underground, but they can't move, they just go under for 3-5 seconds and come back up with full health. They can't go back underground for 15 seconds or something (to prevent whack-a-mole) but them coming back with full health makes them probably more than a match for any turret... they like the Burst Transmitters have taking out your turrets as their main objective.

-"Climber" tubes: instead of funneling down the same paths as all the other tubes, they can climb over certain terrains. More angles of approach means more turret distribution and makes it harder to "block off" certain approach paths.

-"Healer" tubes: they can heal tubes around them back to full health. This may be too close to the Jacobs in terms of gameplay to be worth it.

-"Holo" tubes: They have the ability to create multiple mirror images of themselves confusing the turrets. Which one is the real one? If you shoot a hologram your ammo just goes right through. Only by taking out the real one will all of them disappear. Since the turrets seem to lock on to a target until it is gone, the players would have to do a lot more baby-sitting if the turrets were locking onto the holograms.

-"Blimp" tubes: Like the volt dropper, they are a bomber tube, but they move slowly yet have MASSIVE amounts of hit points and can do MASSIVE amounts of damage if / when they make it to your base. Think a flying "Big Willie" but with 2x to 3x the damage absorption.

-"Kamakazi" tubes: they like Blitzers, but they fly.

-"More other flyers": There are two flying tubes types. Even if the "Blimp" and "Kamakazi" are added, that would still only be 4 flyers compared to 11 ground based ones.

-"Middle Ranged Trench killer" tubes: The Blitzers (close) and Snipe Turrets (far) are one of the only real threats to the player. Each one has a pretty slow rate of damage to the player and there is no middle distance one. Think Tommy's that seek out trenches and maybe fire 2x as fast.

Other "General" Gameplay ideas:

-"Friendly fire"; in terms of trench to trench as well as trench to turret and turret to turret. It's too easy to rain down artillery at close range to your turrets without any repercussions. This can be optional / configurable by the host.

-A "Workshop" where you can combine turrets with each other or weapons with each other as well as a certain scrap and/or money cost to try to make new items. See my previous post in this thread for more details.

-Host restricted loadouts. Are you tired of everyone using the same trenches all the time? Create a game where certain chassis / leg / weapon loadouts are restricted (n [0-4] per squad of 4).

-More environmental effects: Am I alone in that when I saw that Volcano was the next map that I was figuring there would be explosions of lava or other environmental effects that could damage the turrets and trenches?

-A compass or naming / lettering the tube spawn areas. I hate having to describe what side we are being attacked from without a point of reference. Is it to the right of the base when facing the base, or facing away from the base and did you mean the one close on the right or far away on the right or... Just add a compass or letter the spawn points A, B, C.... so I can more easily reference their locations to my team-mates.

-Target identifier special ability. I'd love it if I highlight a tube for a friend. If I am an Engineer and I need my Assault chassis friend to take out that Arty or Big Willie, it would be great if I could fire a laser beam at them or flare or something to highlight the tube for my friend. "I need you to take out that Big Willie that I just marked for you before he get's to our base." This would be especially useful if "Predator" tubes are added.

-Better turret balance. I find myself using one turret out of each of the different types of turrets 90+% of the time. I almost always would rather plant 2 machine guns than 1 flak and 1 shotgun turret because of the versatility. I almost always would rather plant a snipe turret over mortar or land mine turrets because of the range and versatility (snipe turrets go after flyers, neither of the other two do). Please fix that through rebalancing or by adding more of the tube enemies I outlined above (or other tube options). For example "Predator" tubes would be highly vulnerable to mines but every other turret would be useless against them. "Holo" tubes would be very vulnerable to mortar because of the area of effect. "Blimp" tubes would be better fought with Flak turrets than Machine Gun turrets... etc. etc.

-Turret removal or replacement. Sometimes I put the wrong turret in the wrong place. My bad, I get it, and I am willing to eat the scrap cost, but there is no way for me to undo the turret without getting the enemy to do it for me... which is like herding cats. Please let me either "sell" a turret (-20% cost at least), or destroy the turret (-100% cost) so I can put something else there instead. To prevent griefing potentially only turrets you placed / upgraded most recently can be sold / destroyed...

Note: updated to add the turret removal / replacement option

@ DefectiveHuman

i really like your tube ideas, ive been wanting to see different ones :)

since i always see seagulls flyin around on the ship what if every 20/10/5 missions you do or so you can get one as a pet?

it would to be pretty neat to see a seagull fly around while your shooting stuff, and land on your marines shoulder, and you could get it permanently or just as a temporary thing for like 1 or 3 missions or so...

Here's some additional things I'd like to see that I haven't seen listed so far (at least haven't made it into the first page's main post):

New Tubes:

-"Predator" tubes: cloaked so they walk right by your turrets. They could have the "Predator" shimmering effect or be semi-transparent to the players too to make them even harder to see. They attack the base like the Resistors, i.e. close range only.

-"Cloaking" tubes: like the Jacobs shields the tubes around them, the cloaking tubes cloak the tubes around them giving them the "Predator" effect. The cloaking tubes themselves are not also cloaked (or maybe they are... that would be that much harder).

-"Tunnel" tubes: a new style of approach, they can burrow underground. They can move for a given (limited) amount of distance underground. As soon as they start taking damage, they burrow only to pop up later some distance further down their path. A new style of turret would then be needed to counteract these new threats.

-"Digger" tubes: like the "Tunnel" tubes, they can go underground, but they can't move, they just go under for 3-5 seconds and come back up with full health. They can't go back underground for 15 seconds or something (to prevent whack-a-mole) but them coming back with full health makes them probably more than a match for any turret... they like the Burst Transmitters have taking out your turrets as their main objective.

-"Climber" tubes: instead of funneling down the same paths as all the other tubes, they can climb over certain terrains. More angles of approach means more turret distribution and makes it harder to "block off" certain approach paths.

-"Healer" tubes: they can heal tubes around them back to full health. This may be too close to the Jacobs in terms of gameplay to be worth it.

-"Holo" tubes: They have the ability to create multiple mirror images of themselves confusing the turrets. Which one is the real one? If you shoot a hologram your ammo just goes right through. Only by taking out the real one will all of them disappear. Since the turrets seem to lock on to a target until it is gone, the players would have to do a lot more baby-sitting if the turrets were locking onto the holograms.

-"Blimp" tubes: Like the volt dropper, they are a bomber tube, but they move slowly yet have MASSIVE amounts of hit points and can do MASSIVE amounts of damage if / when they make it to your base. Think a flying "Big Willie" but with 2x to 3x the damage absorption.

-"Kamakazi" tubes: they like Blitzers, but they fly.

-"More other flyers": There are two flying tubes types. Even if the "Blimp" and "Kamakazi" are added, that would still only be 4 flyers compared to 11 ground based ones.

-"Middle Ranged Trench killer" tubes: The Blitzers (close) and Snipe Turrets (far) are one of the only real threats to the player. Each one has a pretty slow rate of damage to the player and there is no middle distance one. Think Tommy's that seek out trenches and maybe fire 2x as fast.

Other "General" Gameplay ideas:

-"Friendly fire"; in terms of trench to trench as well as trench to turret and turret to turret. It's too easy to rain down artillery at close range to your turrets without any repercussions. This can be optional / configurable by the host.

-A "Workshop" where you can combine turrets with each other or weapons with each other as well as a certain scrap and/or money cost to try to make new items. See my previous post in this thread for more details.

-Host restricted loadouts. Are you tired of everyone using the same trenches all the time? Create a game where certain chassis / leg / weapon loadouts are restricted (n [0-4] per squad of 4).

-More environmental effects: Am I alone in that when I saw that Volcano was the next map that I was figuring there would be explosions of lava or other environmental effects that could damage the turrets and trenches?

-A compass or naming / lettering the tube spawn areas. I hate having to describe what side we are being attacked from without a point of reference. Is it to the right of the base when facing the base, or facing away from the base and did you mean the one close on the right or far away on the right or... Just add a compass or letter the spawn points A, B, C.... so I can more easily reference their locations to my team-mates.

-Target identifier special ability. I'd love it if I highlight a tube for a friend. If I am an Engineer and I need my Assault chassis friend to take out that Arty or Big Willie, it would be great if I could fire a laser beam at them or flare or something to highlight the tube for my friend. "I need you to take out that Big Willie that I just marked for you before he get's to our base." This would be especially useful if "Predator" tubes are added.

-Better turret balance. I find myself using one turret out of each of the different types of turrets 90+% of the time. I almost always would rather plant 2 machine guns than 1 flak and 1 shotgun turret because of the versatility. I almost always would rather plant a snipe turret over mortar or land mine turrets because of the range and versatility (snipe turrets go after flyers, neither of the other two do). Please fix that through rebalancing or by adding more of the tube enemies I outlined above (or other tube options). For example "Predator" tubes would be highly vulnerable to mines but every other turret would be useless against them. "Holo" tubes would be very vulnerable to mortar because of the area of effect. "Blimp" tubes would be better fought with Flak turrets than Machine Gun turrets... etc. etc.

-Turret removal or replacement. Sometimes I put the wrong turret in the wrong place. My bad, I get it, and I am willing to eat the scrap cost, but there is no way for me to undo the turret without getting the enemy to do it for me... which is like herding cats. Please let me either "sell" a turret (-20% cost at least), or destroy the turret (-100% cost) so I can put something else there instead. To prevent griefing potentially only turrets you placed / upgraded most recently can be sold / destroyed...

Note: updated to add the turret removal / replacement option

im all for making it harder, but some of these ideas make it seem like itd just be way too chaoitc... especially for the few that play solo. it seems to be too much

im all for making it harder, but some of these ideas make it seem like itd just be way too chaoitc... especially for the few that play solo. it seems to be too much

I guess if you threw them all in at once, I would agree that chaos would ensue... but with the current variety of tubes and emplacements and weapons in the game now, if you were exposed to all of that at level 1 wouldn't that too feel chaotic? I don't think that any of the additions would feel overly chaotic if they were added over 15 or so missions like the various tubes were added during the initial game. I'm advocating another 15 +/- 5 mission campaign to introduce the new stuff and only after them would you be allowed to play the "survival" / "endless" modes for ALL the maps with all potential tube types spawning. I would hope DF would give you maps and missions to get used to the changes and adjust to them and not throw them all in at once.

Additional tube types that could be interesting:

-"Reflector" tubes (option 1): All (or some lesser percentage of the) damage done to them is also reflected back at whatever was attacking them. They still take the damage done to them, but it is also bounced back. This could QUICKLY shred turrets if you weren't paying enough attention. Also, if you shoot them with a Gungnir, a Gungnir shot is sent back your way... better dodge it.

-"Reflector" tubes (option 2): These tubes put up shields in front of them that reflects / deflects all incoming damage so they take none. This is like a cross between the Jacobs and the Breakers. You have to get behind their shield or OVER their shield to avoid having the damage bounced back at you.

-"Shocker" tubes: Similar to Blitzers, but with an electric effect to cause your trench to momentarily shut down while it reboots... I know that it's more of a steam punk / diesel punk and so electricity may not be the best analogue here... feel free to replace the cause with something else but the effect of a 2-3 second shutdown would still be VERY dramatic to gameplay.

-"Tube Generals": they can redirect the tubes already on the field to a new target. This could be a PERFECT candidate for a tube to be played in vs. mode.

New support (or other category?) turrets:

-"Range enhancer": It does nothing directly, but all turrets in it's area of effect get a bump to their range. Upgrades to it increase the range boost to the turrets in it's area of effect (but do not increase the size of it's area of effect).

-"Damage enhancer": It does nothing directly, but all turrets in it's area of effect get a bump to their damage. Upgrades to it increase the range boost to the turrets in it's area of effect (but do not increase the size of it's area of effect).

-"Camouflage turret": It is not camouflaged itself, but it makes the tubes ignore the turrets inside of it's area of effect (like they do with the Mine and Collection Prong). Upgrades to it increases the area of effect diameter.

Changes (I think are) needed to support Survival mode:

Endless / Survival / Horde / whatever you want to call it mode is clearly something the players want... but to make it a challenge there have to be some changes. It's RARELY the last few waves of any map that are a challenge, it's the initial ones where you are setting up while you are still poor and having to juggle future needs with what is needed now and how much scrap is available, so...

1) Cap the number of turrets that can be placed (this requires the ability to remove / sell / destroy / replace existing turrets with different types).

2) As the waves progress, the tubes should drop less and less scrap.

3) Wave progression needs to be varied and not copy the progression of the single player game (most of us probably know more or less what wave is coming next and how to prepare... mix it up to keep us on our toes.)

4) If no new tubes are introduced, every wave must have Jacobs and/or Burst Transmitters.

since $$MONEY$$ is piling up in the hundred thousands, like i have 500,00 now and got shit to spend it on, so i was figuring we could spend it on repairs? when we get back on the main ship?

like your in a mission and your health is half way down...the mission ends and you have to pay to repair yourself...and if you dont repair and start the next mission, youll start the next mission with half health.

and if your on a mission and you use a repair crane, that's fine then you dont have to spend as much when you repair next time!

just an idea :o

and with the extra money we still have a reason to save up for this idea :)

a custom paint job that YOU create for like 300,000$ or something...like tiger stripe with black and gold polkadots with pink and blue ANYTHING! :D

a shop where you spend 100,000 on making your own weapon?

of course with some restrictions...like you cant have this with that kinda stuff

make your own level? like in your spare time on the main ship you could pick a level already made but make all the waves differently.

and there would be a limit on how many things you could use like you can only use 5 artys 3 berthas and 8 volt droppers

or something like that.

then you join a game and pick your mission and see what happens

legs that climb over terrain and walls

hover legs that let you fly for a certain amount of time, to escape those blitzers

an emplacement that has helicopter blades and it flies up in the air and hangs a net down and when 5+ ariels fly by it, it traps them for like 10-15 seconds?

hover legs that let you fly for a certain amount of time, to escape those blitzers

and it only lets you stay in one position, so no flying :(

or maybe, idk ;p

a weapon that lets you mind control a tube for a short amount of time?

like move a jacob away from its pack

or make a blitzer explode in the middle of a wave on incomming tubes

a weapon that lets you mind control a tube for a short amount of time?

like move a jacob away from its pack

or make a blitzer explode in the middle of a wave on incomming tubes

and by weapon i mean broadcaster, it could be 1 new broadcaster that comes out and it can do those things

i know this it probably too CoD but if they added a prestige kind of this where once you get level 10 you can either stay there, or prestige and lose all your money and all your items. but then when you get them again, they come in different colors and different looks(for weapons,chasis,and legs)

Trench textures?

like lizzard skin

snake skin

feathers

leaves

dirt

mud

wood

stone

bullet holes

mummified (like bandages)

scratches (from all those tubes!)

Trench textures?

like lizzard skin

snake skin

feathers

leaves

dirt

mud

wood

stone

bullet holes

mummified (like bandages)

scratches (from all those tubes!)

maybe not so much textures, but like an effect...

a horn for your trench?

click the left analog stick or back button to honk!

and different honks would be unlockable/ buyable

buy/unlock different hub displays for the monometre/base health display/trench health display

and the reload display and emplacement display?

like basic things like different colors to full on tube themed things/ gun themed ones? :)

spend your $$ on upgrading your scrap magnet?

collect it at a wider range and collect it faster?

dying the color of clothes? even tho it kinda contradicts what i said above about prestiging :/