Sign in to follow this  
Uriel_Archangel

DLC and Options Wish List Updated 7/14/2011

geez epicfool, you took up practicly 2 pages. got any more ideas to make it more like the sims in the 1920's and mech warfare? xD

geez epicfool, you took up practicly 2 pages. got any more ideas to make it more like the sims in the 1920's and mech warfare? xD

i have ignored him. none of his ideas will make it onto my list.

i have ignored him. none of his ideas will make it onto my list.lol why is that man? is it just because theyre just too random? i can get that. oh, and you still havent accepted my friend request on XBL lol :P

I thought it was because

A. Obviously trying to increase his post count, because half of his suggestions are the same thing.

B. His ideas are retarded.

i have ignored him. none of his ideas will make it onto my list.

lol why is that man? is it just because theyre just too random? i can get that. oh, and you still havent accepted my friend request on XBL lol :P

Sorry

B. His ideas are retarded.
this

i dont understand why youy guys think my ideas are so dumb...all it is is just ideas about more customization which i think everyone likes?

i look back now and yeah im kinda simmin it out which is pretty lame but i think the majority of them are pretty decent...

@ epicfool69...dude, your ideas are okay but just need like a little more thought put into them...a net for flyers? your just asking for a dampening generator for arials...

the seagull thing would be alright, kinda interesting

the textures/effect thing would be kinda neat...i can picture it in my head and i think it would be cool

the hover legs or whatever it was i see what your saying as you could get up to where the flyers are and hit them possibly while your up there/ escaping blitzers...but to escape blitzers is already manageable..you just sprint away...so on the hover legs i could only see them working if they helped with something else.

and to sum up all you "War barbie"" ideas...you just could of said you want more customization

and about your weapon "part" idea where you have to get 4/4 items to upgrade a pre-existing gun is my favorite idea of yours

mini games on the main ship would be interesting...but you dont really spend enough time on the ship to really do anything...but maybe adding mini games would make you stay on it...

the pets with effects are stupid but i see that you were probably just wanting your marine to have a little sidekick to help out with your loneliness...so maybe little pets that dont do anything...like a rat or something

custom paintjob is mentioned before you

make your own level is already suggested

making your own weapon probably wouldnt work out too well

repairing after missions would add some more realism to the game, but it would get annoying...and harder to save up for things...but thats what people want...harder things

terrain climbing legs is an iffy idea...kinda takes from the TD element

mindcontrolling weapon is OKAY...but wouldnt really help that much...

prestiging is kinda lame...but it might solve the urn to level up more for people

horn is gay

hub display is more of a car game thing...but it would be neat

increasing the power of your scrap magnet is not that important...at all...

I would like another continent like North America, so I can fight tubes in the city.

trainyard is sort of like that

An idea for new legs could be some sort of stationary height boost. Press A and you raise your chassis up by 2 or 3 times to make shooting ariels, jacobs, and over terrain easier, but you cant move. More Piercing sniper rifles would be great.

One thing that I would like is the damage for shotguns being displayed as an equation. Because I don't know if each pellet does the listed damage, or if the listed damage is the combined total if you hit them with everything (assuming each pellet tracks, and its not some other hidden formula). Same thing with MIRV launchers, and mine layers.

I would also like them to list the rate of fire statistic for emplacements.

An idea for new legs could be some sort of stationary height boost. Press A and you raise your chassis up by 2 or 3 times to make shooting ariels, jacobs, and over terrain easier, but you cant move. More Piercing sniper rifles would be great.

One thing that I would like is the damage for shotguns being displayed as an equation. Because I don't know if each pellet does the listed damage, or if the listed damage is the combined total if you hit them with everything (assuming each pellet tracks, and its not some other hidden formula). Same thing with MIRV launchers, and mine layers.

I would also like them to list the rate of fire statistic for emplacements.

so basically you just want more stats and information in general?

so basically you just want more stats and information in general?

Yes, but I was trying to be more constructive and specific, instead of just "more" which isn't that helpful. I feel the stats and information are all in all well done, but I feel those areas are lacking.

Survival

Mode

---

I would LOVE to see variable loot drops. Weapons with marginally different stats, emplacements with costs in a small range, know what I mean?

I'll grant you it would make the inventory system complex as all hell...

But, it does do something to alleviate the very real problem of:

In general, just more variety in all things. It is the spice of life, neh?

heres a neat idea what do you think about a boomerang launcher type thing? could be 2 slots or 3. possibly under artillery cannons. it could create a cleave sort of attack. and when you shoot it you can shoot it again as soon as it returns to you!

tell me what you guys think :)

heres a neat idea what do you think about a boomerang launcher type thing? could be 2 slots or 3. possibly under artillery cannons. it could create a cleave sort of attack. and when you shoot it you can shoot it again as soon as it returns to you!

Sounds just like a sniper rifle with pierce, but more inconvenient. But that did give me an idea for a different version of a boomerang... make it one slot, and have it pick up scrap in a line infront of you and bring it back.

Sounds just like a sniper rifle with pierce, but more inconvenient. But that did give me an idea for a different version of a boomerang... make it one slot, and have it pick up scrap in a line infront of you and bring it back.

how would it be inconvenient? you would shoot it and it would swoop around and hit 6-7 tubes and damage them significantly/possibly kill and then some back to you. snipers go in a straight line this would make a swoop?

but yeah your idea is pretty cool too :) im glad i gave you something to wok off of

has the idea of a flame thrower been thrown out there?

I think Broadcaster is already Flame Thrower, just looks different.

has the idea of a flame thrower been thrown out there?

I think Broadcaster is already Flame Thrower, just looks different.

this is why i have not added it to the list.

I like it!

Also my ideas for new enemies.

Air

Vultures: Red enemies. They circle around you for a bit before dive bombing you.

Static choppers: Teal enemies. Attack by body slamming turrets. Though they have a lot of health they are very slow and must lift off before doing another body slam.

Ground.

Slug: Red enemy. Has armor around it like a Breaker. After armor is destroyed it becomes (more or less) a Blitzer. Explosion instead does a DOT.

Firewall: Teal enemy. Has armor around it like a Breakers. Attack with teal flames, doing area damage. Fire also lingers for a bit, meaning that turrets or players that are in the fire get a small burn DOT.

Bosses

Data Hound: Large red enemy. Fast and can grab a hold of your trench. Has a charge ability, stun wave, and can shoot slow moving projectiles.

I like it!

Also my ideas for new enemies.

Air

Vultures: Red enemies. They circle around you for a bit before dive bombing you.

Static choppers: Teal enemies. Attack by body slamming turrets. Though they have a lot of health they are very slow and must lift off before doing another body slam.

Ground.

Slug: Red enemy. Has armor around it like a Breaker. After armor is destroyed it becomes (more or less) a Blitzer. Explosion instead does a DOT.

Firewall: Teal enemy. Has armor around it like a Breakers. Attack with teal flames, doing area damage. Fire also lingers for a bit, meaning that turrets or players that are in the fire get a small burn DOT.

Bosses

Data Hound: Large red enemy. Fast and can grab a hold of your trench. Has a charge ability, stun wave, and can shoot slow moving projectiles.

thanks!

and your ideas are cool too buddy ive been wanting to see new bosses :)

I didn't think I would be the only one thinking of new enemies. Glad to see someone else wants air dive bombing / attacking enemies (but I called them Kamakazi's):

-“Kamakazi” tubes: they like Blitzers, but they fly.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/4530/P120/#161216

I posted some more tube ideas here too. I'd LOVE for some of these to make it in game:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/4530/P120/#161256

Maybe we should add 3 new threads in addition to this one. One specifically for new tube ideas, one specifically for new weapon ideas and one specifically for new turret ideas. Not do diminish what Uriel_Archangel is doing here but there's no way he could put all of the tube, turret and weapon ideas into the first post in this thread other than by saying something generic like "new weapon, tube and turrets".

Anyone think that's worth doing (and can they sticky the threads?).

Vulture sounds cooler though. You have to take that into account when thinking of new things cause "Healer" and "Digger" though may be cool ideas, are just boring names which don't fit how cool they are.

lots of great ideas and some that probably might seem more like a brand new triple A title than a DLC...I'm focused on story atm, the customization will come. Instead of crazier wpns and loadouts just more variation. Artillery that splits into two when it's fired, a sniper gun that has pierce and ricochet but lower damage, a mortar emplacement that fires mines, etc.

Missions/Story: The rogue tubes

- Dormant under the ocean, we have special aquatic Trenches to battle a bunch of levels underwater.

-- Sea Legs, allows accelerated movement in underwater missions

-- Air Bubble emplacement (support), allows a fixed area for weapons/trenches to travel and deal maximum damage

-- Scuba Gear (hat and outfit, maybe an expensive deep sea diver hat for 100k)

-- some aquatic tubes are similar to aerial ones, flak turrets would have the same effect

-- aquatic versions of every current tube, plus more.

"Sound travels further underwater, we have reports of rogue broadcasts having adverse affects on the local wildlife...we've equipped your trench with a self contained underwater breathing ap...let's just call it scuba gear for now. Get down there and shut off whatever's making the fish go crazy."

- Frozen at the North Pole, cause you know you want to hear the narrator say at the North Pole.

-- Snow Legs, allows better traction on snow and ice levels (snow/ice reduce movement by something noticeble)

-- The Heater emplacement (support), melts snow and ice in a fixed area (this could also reveal objects on the ground)

-- Tubes that can freeze your Trench and hinder movement, also slow the RoF down of your turrets potentially

-- Winter Gear (snow hats, earmuffs, santa's hat and outfit, endless)

...I endorse Rosie the Riveter Marine, she has a shotgun afterall. I also would like to see an Asian soldier. We did have 2 Asian allies in WWI. Plus it would open the door for Samurai outfits, a Rickshaw hat, and more trench tech.

Perhaps somewhere at the end of the credits you see an upside down tube crackle with a broadcast and the reflection of a koala bear in it for the next DLC.

lots of great ideas and some that probably might seem more like a brand new triple A title than a DLC...I'm focused on story atm, the customization will come. Instead of crazier wpns and loadouts just more variation. Artillery that splits into two when it's fired, a sniper gun that has pierce and ricochet but lower damage, a mortar emplacement that fires mines, etc.

Missions/Story: The rogue tubes

- Dormant under the ocean, we have special aquatic Trenches to battle a bunch of levels underwater.

-- Sea Legs, allows accelerated movement in underwater missions

-- Air Bubble emplacement (support), allows a fixed area for weapons/trenches to travel and deal maximum damage

-- Scuba Gear (hat and outfit, maybe an expensive deep sea diver hat for 100k)

-- some aquatic tubes are similar to aerial ones, flak turrets would have the same effect

-- aquatic versions of every current tube, plus more.

"Sound travels further underwater, we have reports of rogue broadcasts having adverse affects on the local wildlife...we've equipped your trench with a self contained underwater breathing ap...let's just call it scuba gear for now. Get down there and shut off whatever's making the fish go crazy."

- Frozen at the North Pole, cause you know you want to hear the narrator say at the North Pole.

-- Snow Legs, allows better traction on snow and ice levels (snow/ice reduce movement by something noticeble)

-- The Heater emplacement (support), melts snow and ice in a fixed area (this could also reveal objects on the ground)

-- Tubes that can freeze your Trench and hinder movement, also slow the RoF down of your turrets potentially

-- Winter Gear (snow hats, earmuffs, santa's hat and outfit, endless)

...I endorse Rosie the Riveter Marine, she has a shotgun afterall. I also would like to see an Asian soldier. We did have 2 Asian allies in WWI. Plus it would open the door for Samurai outfits, a Rickshaw hat, and more trench tech.

Perhaps somewhere at the end of the credits you see an upside down tube crackle with a broadcast and the reflection of a koala bear in it for the next DLC.

...some really cool ideas here. Tough I personally have never been a fan of Icy(santa or not)-themed stuff...But I ABSOLUTELY dig your underwater idea!