Sign in to follow this  
lustk1ll

-=CAST YOUR VOTE - Community Feedback on Future Trenched DLC (GENERAL)=-

Below are some common ideas I've seen requested in my new favorite XBLA title, Trenched! Add your vote now!

With enough feedback hopefully we'll catch the eye of the forum mods and (fingers crossed!) the devs!

Now, get voting!

PS: DoubleFine, fantastic job. A thoroughly enjoyable game all around. I have only one request...more!

A1-5, B1-3

All things I want to see in this game, but first can you guys ask someone how to do net code? Thanks.

I pretty much want everything on your list but A-5 and B-1, B-2. I have absolutely no interest in deathmatch, since that will be TONS of development time retuning the game, rebuilding maps, etc. And I just don't see how it could be fun. The ONLY vs. mode I think might be okay is if someone was controlling the Tube deploys on a wave/horde mode, but even then I don't think it's worth investing the manpower in developing.

I just want more of what we've already got, and I want more crunch (gameplay additions) rather than fluff (appearance customization). I'll repost the list I already put in another thread.

For the DLC, this is my dream list:

- 5 new ranks (levels) that are much harder to gain than the previous ones. It’s very easy to cap out now.

- 40 new pieces of equipment for those 5 ranks. These would be ‘Elite’ gear with a low drop chance. Again, this will add some long-term life to the game.

- Survival/horde mode. I think everyone wants this.

- A Hard mode for all levels. The earlier missions are so fun, but they're laughably easy after you've gotten Rank 10 gear. Let us play the levels with our better gear at a greater challenge.

- A new theater of 3-5 missions.

I don't mind a level cap, but if there is one then I want there to be something like a hard mode where you can play the earlier levels with the tougher enemies. Also the ability to play EVERY map with infinite waves would be amazing. I would love to have like 50 Emplacements on the map.

I think system link would be a great addition....sure there is XBLA, but I think it would be nice that if you owned two 360s and had them both in the house or even side by side you could just system link and not have to worry about Live, cuz if anything is to be learned about currently playing any old Xbox original game online is that YOU CAN'T, but those that also had system link, well you can still play multi in them.

Also if you keep a level cap then I think it would be nice if it still tracked your leveling in some way, like:

Max level = 10

Special level = random number and that would be more like Call or Red Dead and that would keep you playing because there would be something that would allow you to prestige, because even is there is almost nothing to be gained from doing that people still like to see progression even if it's something as silly and stupid as "YOU LEVEL UP!" I know lame but still. The level don't even need to unlock anything, it would be nice if they did but I think anything to give the appearance that there is more game is always good.

ONE LAST THING! It think it would be nice to have a few more pilots, I would LOVE to play as both (senior) Frank Woodruff actually in the iron lung and as Vladimir Farnsworth (crazy beard for the win).

OkAY I LIE! SO I got more!

For competitive multi I could see, and I know the devs don't want a normal deathmatch, so I was thinking having something like red vs. blue team and make it either 2 on 2 or 4 on 4 and you don't fight each other, you both have separate bases that you have to defend from Tubes....you are only competing to either see which team kills the most Tubes or if it's an infinite mode then both teams keep going till the other team dies. -If this is made I could see SPECIAL NEW Emplacements being made for use only in this mode and they would do stuff like redirect Tubes to the opposing team's base....a little like multiplayer in Chu Chu Rocket.

Also the main ship has legs and last I checked you only saw that once and VERY early into the game, I'd like to see that more, maybe even allow a player to control that....like maybe in that competitive mutli mode there are people that can move the mobile ship (base) around so to better set up tactics, maybe even get to use a big artillery cannon, the one that you see later in the game, that Frank Woodruff wisecracks about how tiny your guns are compared to it.

LITERALLY THE LAST ONE (as of right now that I can think of) -I think it's a VERY important one, and that one being LEFT HANDED SOLUTES! How AMAZINGLY AWESOME/DUMB would it be to double solute? I mean it's already crazy funny and fun to mash the right trigger to let people know that well this was an awesome idea and that you are also in a VERY simple way communication that you are awake and very much there as a human player. Anyhow add this in and make it something special, like maybe you have to get to a VERY high level so there is some amount of work one has to put into to unlock this shallow, cosmetic, awesomefest....I mean it might be a little TOO goofy to just give EVERY player this. If you were to keep this to a high level unlock you would see it trickle down amongst the players.

Besides imaging what is going through someone's head when they have just soluted you and they get back a left handed solute in return, they'll thing it's this hilarious glitch in the game, and then while continuing to left handed solute you give em a right handed one too! O_O

I also would like to see more, nicer stuff available in the cash shop. Like purple gear costing $500,000 or something like that. Really good stuff that would take a really long time to grind out the money for. It would make getting your 20th King a little more bearable since it's money in the bank on the way to a big upgrade.

How about the ability to buy extra's of some of the stuff that you unlock through challenges...or just make it so that the stuff you unlock through challenges you lock it so they can NOT be sold at the store....in other words it looks like you can sell the challenge items at the store, which are from what I understand to be a one time thing....in other words if you sell any of the PSI clothes you'll never be able to get it again....or so that seems, I haven't been balls-y enough to try it out and sell anything like that.

That seems to be true of the clothing, hats and paint jobs. The weapon rewards, on the other hand, don't appear to be unique.

Thanks to everyone for the replies as of yet. Updated the main page with the current standings, keep 'em coming!

This was posted on facebook by me so I thought I’d post it here as well…I love the game the way it is but these are things I’d personally love to see..

-Give people the ability to add arms on these MT’s for melee combat and throwing things…also you could add weapon arms like saws, wrecking balls, spiked balls, chain balls, spiked chain balls, rods, pincers, drills, pile bunkers, bayonet, hand guns, or a wrench to repair other MT’s with, additional mg’s, etc…maybe give the MT’s a slight drawback for having them if people don’t like the idea..also adding an arm would take a slot….the x button could control the left arm, the b button the right arm..both together could initiate a physical throw(must have an arm that can grab)..

-A jump button to use on occasion (a couple of times on the trainyard I could’ve used this) this isn’t totally necessary but a good idea..

-An additional ability using the magnet as a reverse polarity weapon to throw tubes around…instead of simply throwing physically

-Allow us to save and NAME our loadouts…

-I’d like another faction to go up against with their own style of MT’s, and be able to go up against infantry…logic dictates germany, or even another good aligned one russia

-Chassis which have armored bunker style canopies on top of them incasing the pilot, these would have slightly better armor but maybe the same amount of slots as a standard trench and slightly less speed, or would have to have arms (see above)

-Maybe I’m just early in the game but the ability to dig into the earth like at the beginning of the game, doing so would make reloading way faster, and only take half damage…but at the cost of losing the ability to walk

-The ability to apply decals on our trenches either just pre-made decals, or custom ones..

-An emplacement that is a small, walking robotic turret that follows you around (ala R-Type), it dies after a few hits and you have to use scrap to rebuild it..

-Using the select button to see you trench from a different view (side, front, cinematic) not really to play the game but to see how cool you look

-Some missions where all you do is try and get to a boss and defeat it, kill baddies along the way..just to mix it up, emplacements can be used in the boss fight..

-Being able to apply a different paintjob to a different part, arm, legs, or chassis..

-An endless/skirmish mode as was mentioned, maybe after you beat the game

I know it’s highly unlikely to get even a fraction of these in the game right now, but it’s worth mentioning..

-one more thing rerelease this on disc so it's immortalized forever, and so we can add it to our library..

thanks for the great game..

Simple Idea:

The idea here is to keep responses short and sweet and informative as possible.

The feedback is awesome, guys and gals. And I've read some thorough, well-thought out ideas. But this isn't an opinion or editorial post, this is a simple response post.

Let's keep 'em short and sweet!

Short and Sweet Verison..

A.) Add weapon based arms that use a slot on either side of the trench (spike balls, drills, etc.)

B.) Save our loadouts and give the configurations a name

C.) Another faction whether good or bad that's playable with their own MT's

D.) Canopied chassis's incasing the driver.

E.) Dig in ability. (like the beginning of the game)

F.) Custom Decals

G.) View changing "select" button (to see how cool your trench is while playing)

H.) skirmish mode..

I.) Woman Marines

Simple Idea:

The idea here is to keep responses short and sweet and informative as possible.

The feedback is awesome, guys and gals. And I've read some thorough, well-thought out ideas. But this isn't an opinion or editorial post, this is a simple response post.

Let's keep 'em short and sweet!

:P okay well then hows about this addition

-Add legs with the special ability to jump with the A-button.

I hope harder difficulty doesn't win..that wouldn't be all that much better, I want the game to stay fun not frustrating I mean if you want a challenge play with a crappy chassis and lower weapons..Spaghettaboutit I also mentioned jumping in my more elaborate post, also the ability to drop off ledges.. :)

I hope harder difficulty doesn't win..that wouldn't be all that much better, I want the game to stay fun not frustrating I mean if you want a challenge play with a crappy chassis and lower weapons..Spaghettaboutit I also mentioned jumping in my more elaborate post, also the ability to drop off ledges.. :)

Yeah but I'm talking about only special legs can jump, not just anything, kinda like the sprint legs...if that's also what you were talking about, I'm sorry. If not well... :P

I definitely need different chassis! I keep switching between the one that can hold 2 artillery guns and the one that can hold 2 machine guns to get the Heavy emplacement slot or just pure firepower. it annoys me that there is no middle ground.

I don't think anyone is proposing that the base diffculty of the game be raised, but only that harder difficulty settings(s) are made available. Once you beat the game, and have unlocked a lot of good parts along the way, the replay value drops significantly because the levels provide very little in the way of challenge (particularly the early ones). Sure you CAN strip out your good gear, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of the whole unlocking system. Better to have a difficulty that challenges players who a) have good gear and well-designed mechs, and b) are reasonably skilled at the game. Players going through the game on their first run, and those who simply suck, would still be free to play on the standard difficulty to avoid 'frustration.' ';)

Just to say this is the best XBL Arcade games i have ever played. It is also the best mech game i have ever played.

1: Raise the level cap (20 - 25)

2: Add new monos

3:Add new mech parts and pilot outfits

4:Unlimmated mode

Thats it BUT LET IT COME OUT FAST

Surprised to see 6-6 tie between 'more weapons, items and emplacements' and 'higher difficulty'!

Thanks all, keep 'em coming!

Voted for the more more content (emplacements, weapons etc.) but still a rank higher than 10 would be cool like 50 or 100. Just so there is something to work towards and see something new after a mission :D