Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.ROBOTUSSIN

Team Fortress 2 is free.

Now that TF2 is free all of you no longer have a excuse to do Double Fine Action Forum game night.

Also TF2 thread.

Wait, it's free now? When did this happen? If it's true, then YAY! I get to play as a scout now! :D

First I knew of it was the end of the Meet the Medic video, which was awesome, by the way. :3

That cry of

immediately reminded me of Psychonauts though. *shot*

So my friend told me that TF2 is compatible with Macs, so I'm downloading it. Anyone want to show me how to play this weekend?

I.. eh... It use to be fun. I feel like all the DLC and hats spoiled it. I'm told there are classic mode servers though.

Not much to show Bill. Just try out all the classes and see what feels right. I'm a Spy most of the time. Lethal with the knife.

Bluh... Trying to make a Steam account, but the stupid captcha is nearly impossible to get it correct. Tried at least 6 times, and STILL haven't got it right. >_<;

What I don't get is why the people who paid for it, only get a hat. I wanted more than a hat! Like weapons from the new update.

Oh well I guess it reminds of trenched.

Hey Milkman, I know some of the optional cosmetic stuff can be kind of annoying (eg. unusual hat effects, especially that damn flame effect). Some clever folks have invented some kind of script that disables things like that (for you):

http://tenko.fansubban.org/tf2/remover/

It only removes the cosmetic stuff. Weapons and everything else stay, so I'm not sure if that helps you much

What does playing on a Mac have anything to with the game? And why only Macs? Why not anyone else that dares use any other OS besides Windows?

I'm starting to see some definite parallels between pcs vs macs and people who drive gas-guzzling trucks with huge wheels and lifts vs people who drive sudans. Yeah, a couple times a year I might with I had the former, but the other 360 days a year the latter is more practical. As this girl I know calls them both "compensators".

But I shall resist the temptation to be an obnoxious fanboy anymore.

Why is everyone talking about PC and MACS?!?! Shut up and start playing so we can get community game night started!

Based off of the Offline Practice mode, I can only play a 16 player game without the framerate going through the floor.

But otherwise, my Steam user name is JJkul, if anybody is interested in TF2, CSS, or Gmod.

the thing that makes the whole little debate retarded is that macs are basically the same as PCs in terms of hardware, just the OS and case are different. it's like arguing over clothes.

Yeah, but the OS and case apparently make it alright to charge twice as much for the same thing.

Whoo hoo! I finally made a Steam and started to play TF2. If you guys wanna add me, it's katskratch_fever. I love using the scout.

Whoo hoo! I finally made a Steam and started to play TF2. If you guys wanna add me, it's katskratch_fever. I love using the scout.

BONK! xD I'll join you once I get my new comp up and running.

I guess they realized with how much money people spend on retarded hats that it actually somehow makes more sense to make the game free

I guess they realized with how much money people spend on retarded hats that it actually somehow makes more sense to make the game free

Thank god for them then, ha ha.

I don't bother with the hats much... unless there's a really cool one I want.

You have to use real money. With one of their approved methods of payment

Orrrrrr, you could just play the game and get a drop every now and then, and maybe craft whatever it is you want

So I tried playing TF2 on my PC last night, but I think it was too much for it to handle. So I'll either have to get a new PC or play it on a console. Not sure though if the TF2 network is the same for the consoles though.

It's a different network and the console versions lack updates. It also has a much less active player base. I'd avoid the console OB.

Sign in to follow this