Sign in to follow this  
cptncombustion

Euro gamers compensation?

After finally finding out the reason why Trenched isnt coming to europe for (most likely) a while, i was wondering if double fine were planning to compensate people for the delay. perhaps a free copy of stacking or whatever. it doesnt have to be anything big, maybe special in game paint jobs or whatever.

*sigh*

Why do people think they're entitled compensation, for something they didn't/haven't paid for

I demand that Nintendo compensate me for not releasing Xenoblade in the US. Then I demand that Konami compensate me for not releasing Metal Gear Solid 4 on the XBox.

So: a game is delayed and you think that you're entitled to compensation? Next will you ask to be compensated for the games that release in NA a week or two before EU. Hell, let's all get compensated for games that come out of Japan, since we have to wait like 6 months before they make it to the West.

The only free thing that you deserve is some advice: Lose the entitlement. Almost 20% of the world's population doesn't have clean drinking water. Be thankful for what you do have. The chance to even play video games is a marvelous opportunity that much of the world doesn't get to enjoy.

I demand that Nintendo compensate me for not releasing Xenoblade in the US. Then I demand that Konami compensate me for not releasing Metal Gear Solid 4 on the XBox.

THIS! I'm going to pirate the fuck out of Xenoblade if there is a fan translation sometime soon. Dammit Nintendo, even the Europeans got Xenoblade and not the biggest video game market in the world?

What is the reason anyway? I'm to lazy to look it up.

legal/name copyright issues with a boardgame called Trench which is based on ww1 and strategizing but the board pieces are abstract black n white cube things. Like chess except in a diamond shaped board.

The firm copyrighted board and software games like 1-2 months before DF did. But by then it was too late and the damage was done. It's been delayed for a week + 4 days....and people havent shut up about complains lol xD

What is the reason anyway? I'm to lazy to look it up.

legal/name copyright issues with a boardgame called Trench which is based on ww1 and strategizing but the board pieces are abstract black n white cube things. Like chess except in a diamond shaped board.

The firm copyrighted board and software games like 1-2 months before DF did. But by then it was too late and the damage was done. It's been delayed for a week + 4 days....and people havent shut up about complains lol xD

That board game sounds amazing.

I think Double Fine should definitely compensate us for the delay.

The people ignorant to the situation behind it's delay in this thread are like

"derp I dont get compensate for later release" of course you don't, this situation is different because this was an unplanned delay and it was entirely DF's fault for not checking whether the name was claimed, they didn't even tell us what was going on until later and their message is "stay strong European friends" what a joke .

I think it's ridiculous you think you should get a free copy of Stacking though, and how are they going to verify which customers were going to purchase the game as well?

I think satisfactory compensation would be a unique Trench skin for EU countries as thanks for waiting and then buying the game.

dudes, chill. im not demanding anything. Im simply wondering if they will be adding anything for the long wait because i was thinking of using my points to buy Stacking. As a lowly student i dont have the disposable income to buy that many games and i dont want to pay for something that i may be getting for free.

I'm a bit confused...whats all the fuzz about Trenched not having been released in Europe?!? I'm playing it and I live in Europe...Switzerland to be precise..?!

But I'm wondering why noboday else in my Friendslist is playing this epic game...I just downloaded it normally via Marketplace^^...confused

It's not out in EU countries for reasons which I think have STILL not officially been commented on, but so far the likeliest reason seems to be the copyright thing stated above.

You're in europe, but non the EU, Fabrizio. A lot of European Union countries do not have the game because they recognize the boardgame's copyright. so until the issue of that is resolved, most companies such as the UK, The Netherlands, Germany, France, ETC will not have the game.

It's NOT complicated to take the few minutes it takes to create a USA gamertag, and simply DOWNLOAD the trial version of Trenched.

...and if you really wanted to, you could easily add 1200 MS Points to the USA gamertag's account via Paypal (integrated with xbox.com and via Xbox 360 the Dashboard) and BUY the game. Then still be able to play the full game via your main gamertag.

Compensation? Get real.

After finally finding out the reason why Trenched isnt coming to europe for (most likely) a while, i was wondering if double fine were planning to compensate people for the delay. perhaps a free copy of stacking or whatever. it doesnt have to be anything big, maybe special in game paint jobs or whatever.

How about healthcare....oh wait you have that..... -_- I think about 300 more extra games and then we are even....

...and if you really wanted to, you could easily add 1200 MS Points to the USA gamertag's account via Paypal (integrated with xbox.com and via Xbox 360 the Dashboard) and BUY the game. Then still be able to play the full game via your main gamertag..

aside from all the pointlessly rude responses ive been getting, you can actually do this? that does sound like an idea. would i also have to buy a us account or can it be a silver account? although ive already bought the points on my uk account. dont think i can afford any more unless i can transfer them.

i think i may have used the wrong word when i asked for 'compensation'. i was just wondering if there were plans to give out something like an extra paint job or whatever as an apology for the unexplained wait.

I think compensation is a strong word... maybe a "thank you for waiting" available for the first 24 hours is more appropriate!?

Either way, anything to acknowledge those who have waited patiently is a nice idea.

As for those who are telling us to "just get a US account", I'd like to remind them that not everyone can throw money around these days (especially in the EU at the moment) and many of us have already put the points on our European accounts prior to it's release. I'm one of those people and I put my points on my UK account the day before it was supposed to be released.

Not everyone is financially sound in this day and age.

As for those who are telling us to "just get a US account", I'd like to remind them that not everyone can throw money around these days (especially in the EU at the moment) and many of us have already put the points on our European accounts prior to it's release. I'm one of those people and I put my points on my UK account the day before it was supposed to be released.

...and I'd like to remind you that the great thing about any and all Xbox LIVE Arcade games is that you can download the TRIAL (DEMO) and play to your heart's content for FREE. Granted, it's only the Tutorial + 1st Mission but it's better than nothing. Nobody is suggesting you have to buy anything. Duh.

...and I'd like to remind you that the great thing about any and all Xbox LIVE Arcade games is that you can download the TRIAL (DEMO) and play to your heart's content for FREE. Granted, it's only the Tutorial + 1st Mission but it's better than nothing. Nobody is suggesting you have to buy anything. Duh.

First this is not a thread that says "Lets argue about each others opinion"

Secondly, did I say you had said that? No, I was on about the other members of this forum who have posted "Just buy it on an American account..." in other threads. Read what people actually write before making statements, like this, aimed at an individual.

Count me in on that - I'm flat broke - No US buying with a US account for me.

This thread is silly though.

There is an alternative (i've registered purely to say this), cheaper than the US paypal way, and easier in my opinion, especially since i don't use Paypal.

Create a gamertag with the locale as Norway (done with Norway, unsure if it will work with Swiss)

Go to https://www.gamepointsnow.com/ (this is the site i use to buy my yearly subs, had no problems with them thus far), or if you know somewhere you can buy EUROPEAN points from, feel free. But from GPN.com you can buy 1200 points for £11.95

Redeem the code on the Norway account, buy, switch back to your usual tag and voila. Much rather that than buying 1600 points on a US account

You can also pay 400 and then 800 points through paypal on your US account...

There is an alternative (i've registered purely to say this), cheaper than the US paypal way, and easier in my opinion, especially since i don't use Paypal.
You can also pay 400 and then 800 points through paypal on your US account...

Both great ideas - Both, unfortunately, require money (not already spent on EU XBL points) to do.

I do sympathize with the TC, how ever when you do get the game all the bugs and silly problems will be worked out. And you'll be that much closer to some DLC because you can get everything pretty quick.

It certainly wouldn't kill Double Fine to add a few cool extra pieces of kit into all versions of the game when they release the EU version because I'm sure they will have to issue a title update to make all versions compatible. Give the NA players a reason to pick the game back up when it hits the EU.