Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.ROBOTUSSIN

The future of mobile trench warfare.

Well that's a fairly dismissive attitude to have. From what I've seen, the game looks to have some great sound design and a nice scale to the combat. If I wanted some frantic 'run and gun' multiplayer I'd take this over Call of Duty.

I understand there's growing FPS fatigue amongst many, but this hardly looks like 'yet another' uninspired FPS clone/reskin - doesn't hurt that it's an independent studio kicking it out, either.

If FPS wasn't the only genre anyone outside of hardcore fanatics played(take a look at your friends list and tell me differently), then I wouldn't be so pessimistic. But until the genre ceases to set worlwide sales records every #&$%ing year when a new Call of Duty comes out, I'm going to be at least a wee bit skeptical of anything that's an FPS. [CaptainObvious]You're as free to disagree as I am to feel as I do on the matter.[/CaptainObvious]

If FPS wasn't the only genre anyone outside of hardcore fanatics played(take a look at your friends list and tell me differently), then I wouldn't be so pessimistic. But until the genre ceases to set worlwide sales records every #&$%ing year when a new Call of Duty comes out, I'm going to be at least a wee bit skeptical of anything that's an FPS. [CaptainObvious]You're as free to disagree as I am to feel as I do on the matter.[/CaptainObvious]

Agreed! With games like call of duty and battlefield, it's incredibly hard for an ip to make sales based on the sales CoD brings in annually. Games have done it, and this is something "different" I dont see it doing very well unless the release Is not full of bugs and horrible match making. Possibly a renter.. Maybe.

I was just doing this as a joke cause you know, two legged mechs!

Also in a G4 interview the developers said there will be light base building and RTS elements to the game.

I was just doing this as a joke cause you know, two legged mechs!

Also in a G4 interview the developers said there will be light base building and RTS elements to the game.

That'd be interesting... I'm trapped in playing supreme commander 2 ATM, mech and amazing rts lol

That game actually looks pretty cool at first glance. Could have some good potential, I'll be keeping an eye on it - thanks for the tip, even if it was a joke. :)

I'm actually totally with you on that. FPS has been my bread and butter growing up with gaming, but I was part of the collective groan every time ANOTHER goddamn shooter was announced at E3. Call of Duty is obviously the worst example, if we're comparing the disconnect of sales figures vs innovation year on year.

That said, I am genuinely excited for Battlefield 3 because the series has a legacy beyond spewing out annual iterations, and BF2 gave me some of my greatest memories of genuine teamwork in gaming.

But if this damn market saturation of shooters is going to continue (and it is), I'd love to see an independent developer with a relatively fresh idea have as much success in the genre as possible.

So uh, how bout them trenches huh?

I would like to point out that this is an INDIE game so it will be a downloadable title and probably gonna cost like $5 or something. (so no rentals) Atm they only have a PC version though they have said that they are very interested in bringing it to consoles, though with only a 6 man team working on it I'm not holding my breath.

I would like to point out that this is an INDIE game so it will be a downloadable title and probably gonna cost like $5 or something. (so no rentals) Atm they only have a PC version though they have said that they are very interested in bringing it to consoles, though with only a 6 man team working on it I'm not holding my breath.

It's probably going to be full retail price. When they "Indie," they don't mean XBox Live indie. It just means that they currently don't have a publisher.

True enough, looks like it could still be worth it though. The gameplay reminds me of a cross between Unreal and Mechwarrior and that alone is giving me a geek-spasm.

Sign in to follow this