Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ProggleRock

Double Fine special on G4.

I don't know if all of you know this or not, but G4 did a one-hour "Icons" special on Tim and DF during the last week of the production of Psychonauts. I remember watching it a few years ago or so when it came out, and it was an extremely enlightening look on game developing. I just learned a minute ago that that episode was indeed about DF and Psychonauts. (When I saw it, I had no idea who they were or what game they were making--I just liked watching random developers suffer.) So now that I realize who the hell that episode was documenting, I really want to watch that episode again. I'm sure you all would, too. Anyway, I'm just wondering if any of you would perchance have a copy of that episode lying around somewhere? I googled around and checked under some rugs, but no dice. Considering how valuable a video this would be for everyone here, someone has to have a copy, right? RIGHT!?

Yeah, I know the episode number and everything, but there doesn't seem to be a recording of the show on the net anywhere. And back when the episode was shown the show was just called "Icons" and featured important people and developers and whatnot in the game industry. And it just so happened to be one of the best shows on television. A little while ago when G4 decided to suck, they instead started featuring people outside of the industry with pretty much zero significance to anyone, and filed all the game-related people under "Game Makers", which decided to hang itself shortly after. (It was canceled). So now Icons are people like Michelle Rodriguez (actress extraordinaire of Blue Crush and Fast and the Furious fame) and Marc Ecko (T-Shirt....maker. Oh, and he said something about Barry Bonds at one point, too. I think.) What's that? You'd rather watch eye-opening documentaries of the history of our prized industry? Shame on you, sir. Shame on you.

Oh man, now that you mention it, I remember that.

Just like the day the executives bumped out Tech-TV.

...and then all of the shows became about cars.

But you're right! It's like it's been erased from the internet!

I can't even find that cute little G4 "Teee-Veee" bumper that I remember seeing a few times at some point...

i stopped watching G4tv the day the changed the name of icons, dropped cheat and cinimatech and when they added COPS and CHEATERS.

btw i remember that episode too that was the day i began to Idol tim shafer

One of my friends taped it for me, because they'd heard me talking all the time about "bla bla Grim Fandango bla bla Tim Schafer", and I didn't get TV. I have the tape... somewhere... but I'm not entirely sure where. It was good though :D

hey, on demand, there is x-play, the trippiest games ever, psychonauts is the first one, as well as on the episode of x-play "funniest s*** ever" ^_______^ the trippiest games episode is on demand if you have comcast . ^__________^

Conrad... If you find it...

We'd love to see it with all our hearts!

Ok, I'll definitely look for it. I've moved three times since, so it's in a box somewhere... but I know I still have it.

Ok, I found it, buuut... I don't know what to do with it now, really. I can try and find someone with some way to copy it and make a couple copies? Or we can just start mailing it around from person to person? Haha I don't know. What do you guys want to do? BTW the first minute or two is cut off, and there's some big ol' Legend of Zelda thing before it with a ton of fuzz in between... blame the person who taped it for me haha. xD

I know that there's some device that lets you copy footage from tapes to computers. I'm not sure what it's called, but I can look into what it is. (If anyone knows what it is, please tell.) I know it exists, I saw it at Fred Myer a few weeks ago. Maybe it's still there...

I know that Wallgreens can take vhs tapes and convert them to a digital format for a fee, and unless you wanna spend around $100+ for the equipment to do it yourself, it'd probably be your best bet. Then it would be a matter of putting it on Meagaupload.com.

OK well there's a Walgreens not too far away, so I'll go check it out sometime and see if they do it, and how much it is. :D

Sign in to follow this