Sign in to follow this  
Double Fine QA

Iron Brigade set to release in Europe soon!!!

As Tim said on his Twitter: "We just didn't think the name "Trenched" was good enough for you!" So soon, all over Europe if you are paying with Pounds or Euros you can now play with your American brothers to defeat Vlad!!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-16-ms-confirms-trenched-european-release

Again, sorry for the delay for you guys and we can't wait to play with you!!!!

>Iron Brigade

Europe get's all the cool stuff.

Also what are the mechs going to be called now? At they still called trench mechs or do they have a different name?

I didn't expect this to get delayed 2 months just to change the name and title screen.

Does it really take two months to get a copyright license in Europe?

So, how does this relate to Steel Battalion then? Iron < Steel, but Brigade > Battalion. I'm confused!

>Iron Brigade

Also what are the mechs going to be called now? At they still called trench mechs or do they have a different name?

Remember: They give us the same Title at the same Price but almost 3 Months later - what means less Gamers online which are better then us....thats not cool stuff.I hope they drop at least the price or give us DLC for free...or I wait for a Deal of the Week.The Hype is gone anyway (which means it will sell worse...actually even less gamers then I expected for 15 Bucks) and the 1200MSP are spent elsewhere.

>Iron Brigade

Remember: They give us the same Title at the same Price but almost 3 Months later - what means less Gamers online which are better then us....thats not cool stuff.I hope they drop at least the price or give us DLC for free...or I wait for a Deal of the Week.The Hype is gone anyway (which means it will sell worse...actually even less gamers then I expected for 15 Bucks) and the 1200MSP are spent elsewhere.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

*sigh*

People always feel they're entitled anything when a company has let them down for whatever reason

Wait, will it only be "Iron Brigade" in Europe or will it be renamed elsewhere? Major Nelson said it was a global rename.

XBLA fans in Europe will also be able to get their hands on “Iron Brigade." After its June debut as “Trenched” in the U.S., the WWI-styled mobile trench game from Double Fine Productions is coming to Europe this September with a new name – “Iron Brigade” – and will be renamed as such globally.

>Iron Brigade

lol

"I had to wait. Give me free stuff now or I'll throw a fit."

:lol:

Wait, will it only be "Iron Brigade" in Europe or will it be renamed elsewhere? Major Nelson said it was a global rename.
XBLA fans in Europe will also be able to get their hands on “Iron Brigade." After its June debut as “Trenched” in the U.S., the WWI-styled mobile trench game from Double Fine Productions is coming to Europe this September with a new name – “Iron Brigade” – and will be renamed as such globally.
OMG REALLY!?!?!

>Iron Brigade

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Easy thing: If a game comes out worldwide at the same time you find Online-Players like crazy in the most cases - after 2-3 Months most games are almost dead online.Since they waited 3 Months,how many people will still play it?They Hype is gone after all.I think those people still online bought it at the release,so beginners won´t stand a chance.Why should I still pay 15 Euros (which is expensive vor a DL-Title) for a game thats maybe dead online and I don´t have the same chances?Get it?

It's co-op and not PVP, so what is playing with players who've unlocked everything going to do more than show you all the cool crap you can unlock? Unless you've got some crazy obsession with winning instead of being part of a team, there shouldn't be a problem.

Is there an actual date? September is slightly vague and I'm running out of free time here. Maybe tomorrow...pretty please? :D

*sigh*

People always feel they're entitled anything when a company has let them down for whatever reason

I don't really see the problem with this. They did seriously screw up by not doing proper research and we've now had to wait so long that there's very few people even still playing the game in the rest of the world. Giving us something to make up for their screw ups would be nice..

True, they don't owe us anything. But a lot of people who were waiting have already lost interest.. and if they're still charging 1,200 points, I'm certainly going to wait for a sale. I don't think the developers are arrogant enough to assume people are still going to be rushing out to buy this.

Because the game has totally changed, hasn't it? I mean, it would have been great fun two months ago, and I was really excited for it then, but now my opinion on the game has changed despite the game itself not having changed and me not having played it at all, and now it looks terrible. Yup.

Quoted for truth. If I had to wait just one more hour before I bought the game, I would've despised it and made sure to go well out of my way to ensure that not only did everyone know it's so terrible, but that it's indisputable truth. But thankfully I didn't have to wait, so that didn't have to happen.

The EU release date will probably be some time...but not like the "Trenched" release xD

3 cheers for Double Fine! It may have taken a farg-ton of legal mumbo jumbo and searching for patents and all but you made it =D

Ooooo shiny new content. Releasing some new content for free with the European debute and the game's name change was a very good idea. It will help to placate those people out there who are going to throw a fit saying that only reason they bought the game to begin with was that they really liked the title and now the game is just ruined for them and they think they are owed the developers' first born sons as compensation.

It also ensures that the online community will be bustling with both old and new players for the release. The story of the new content and name change will likely even provide free advertising in the form of online gamer sites posting it as news. Survival mode is going to rock.

I wonder if it will actually be released in September though!?

If so, they've only got 10 days left...

ooooOOOOOOOOoooo :P

Good Lord what a boring generic replacement name Trenched is getting. Copyright issues are always horribly messy.

....aaaand still no Release-Date,right? Great Job...im really disappointed.I´ve been waiting sind June and no one does manage to give a release date,the Forums are almost dead...

....aaaand still no Release-Date,right? Great Job...im really disappointed.I´ve been waiting sind June and no one does manage to give a release date,the Forums are almost dead...

Well, only 4 days to go and we'll see if Double Fine (and Microsoft) can keep their "promise" and release it in September. After all it was only a press release that stated it would be released in September.

A date would have been nice, considering we've been waiting this long!

I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't get released though, as I've not kept my hopes up.

They let us down once before, when it got delayed, by not releasing any information on what was going on and we had to collectively find out from other sources to then be told "Oh no, it was because we felt Trenched wasn't a good enough name!".

It's like a bad relationship: They'll cheat on you, say sorry and promise not to do it again and then, go and sleep with your best friend the following week!

If I remember correctly on the Whiskey Media BLLSL they said that it was in certification at MS. My guess to why it would be pushed later than september would be just to volume of stuff in cert. Since it is the holiday season..

I really can't wait till endless mode.

I hope there are more maps for endless in the future DLC.

Well, only 4 days to go and we'll see if Double Fine (and Microsoft) can keep their "promise" and release it in September. After all it was only a press release that stated it would be released in September.

A date would have been nice, considering we've been waiting this long!

I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't get released though, as I've not kept my hopes up.

They let us down once before, when it got delayed, by not releasing any information on what was going on and we had to collectively find out from other sources to then be told "Oh no, it was because we felt Trenched wasn't a good enough name!".

It's like a bad relationship: They'll cheat on you, say sorry and promise not to do it again and then, go and sleep with your best friend the following week!

There where Rumors going on that the first month after the US-release they didn´t even speak with the company because of the Name-problem.Then they reported it whould come as "Iron Brigade" in September...and still a big nothing. It almost like a punch in the face, you really belive statements and then they don´t even have the balls just to tell they won´t release it in September or just don´t have a clue which date it will be released.If it comes in the middle of October I will spend my money on Crysis, if its not released this week - there are a many good deals right now on XBLA-Games, that whould be the best CHance for them.After all the wait the number of people willing to pay 15 Bucks (1200 MSP) drops to Zero just because the great information politics...

Just a heads up, the Facebook page stated on the 21st September:

The September release was unfortunately not an Officially Sanctioned message! We’re not sure where that came from. :( The IRON BRIGADE update with the new, FREE SURVIVAL MODE is entering certification now. If things go well we should release in about 3 weeks. Again, we apologize for the long delay, but it’ll be here sooner than you think! As soon as we get a firm date you’ll be the first to know!

With that in mind, we can only estimate a release date AROUND 12th October. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly :)

I was just wondering what had happened to the September release - I guess it's lost somewhere in Microsoft's sucky certification process.

I wonder if MS treat their developers like crap, or if they just have a really bad process in place?

Edit: Can't see it listed on Major Nelsons Blog.