Sign in to follow this  
Acefox&#13

The All Things Batman Thread

This thread is dedicated to everyone's favorite crusader: Aquaman. And Batman too, I suppose.

I just read The Killing Joke and was sadly disappointed. I really liked The Dark Night Returns and Batman: Year One and thought this would be down the same alley- but sadly no. Just a bunch of lewd shock nonsense that leaves you feeling terrible and question Batman's methods. Also, a big Watchmen fan as well so I was expecting more from Alan Moore. Oh wells.

dude I totally have Batman: Year One upstairs in my room right now. Along with Mad Love. I should steal more comics from my papa sicne he has like 500 cubic buttloads of Batman comics

also I've been going through all of the "Batman: The Animated Series" episodes cause I'm a nut.

also also I'm going through the challenges on Arkham Asylum cause I never did them while at papa's huurrr.

NOW GUESS WHICH BATMAN VILLIAN I TOTALLY DON'T HAVE A STUPIDLY HUGE CRUSH ON IS

hint

he was a main villian in Arkahm Asylum

why do I find his AA design so hot aaa

I got the Killing Joke in german a while back and I don't remember not liking it. Then again, I definitely remember not undertanding most of it, so maybe that contributed. xD

I've totally been going through all the Batman: TAS episodes, too. And ohmygod I am so excited about Arkham City it's making me want to actually finish Arkham Asylum even though I gave up cause I kept getting stuck cause I'm the worst~ <3

@Double H: That'll give 'em quite a headache. I like how all their heads are red while they're doing that.

@Tika: Imma guess

Scarecrow - the forum member, not the Batman character

(haven't played Arkham Asylum actually)

I love the Animated Series as well. I have the first three volumes on DVD. Let me know how the fourth one is.

@Insanity: Interesting- maybe I'm just too sensitive, or maybe I just need to read The Killing Joke in German. :)

My brother got a library card and has been checking out Batman Books for me. I just read Batman: Year One and The Killing Joke.

I have a list of /co/ recomended comics for pretty much every superhero if you want me to post that.

Also how about those DC reboots? I've decided that this is a more than perfect time to start getting in to comics so I don't have to be one of "Those people".

Batman: The Long Halloween is incredible, and I recommend it to everyone, comic fan or not.

Also, Tika, the joker, really?

Tikara?having a lady boner the most messed up, psychotic character in Batman!?!? Who is also is played by the sexy voice of Mark Hamill!?!?!?!?!! WHO DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!?!

I wasn't a fan of Brave and the Bold. I didn't like the voices or the animation style. I did love Batman Beyond though.

I prefer Aquaman. I mean being able to breathe underwater and talk to fish are probably my two favorite superpowers. I mean, let's be real.

I prefer Aquaman. I mean being able to breathe underwater and talk to fish are probably my two favorite superpowers. I mean, let's be real.

If we're talking powers, Wolverine all the way.

And by Wolverine, you mean Dr. Manhattan right? I mean, if we are going by powers, why not just go for a demi-god?

And by Wolverine, you mean Dr. Manhattan right? I mean, if we are going by powers, why not just go for a demi-god?

When your powers make Superman look like a wimp I think there's a problem. That said I think it would be really boring to have that much power. You'd never have to work to get anything, you could just build it in a matter of seconds. And Manhatten's intellect was so great everything seemed to bore him.

If I could only have one power it would be Wingless flight. Superman style. I think it would just be very freeing.

I'll take both.

Alright ch'all - I just bought The Long Halloween because Wak recommended it and because the season is coming up.

Also, you are all neglecting the super power of transforming into a big green angry hulk. I mean that could be especially useful on a date or something.

I approve of the casting, but I'm a little concerned that the first time Wonder Woman appears on the big screen will be in a film dominated by two other characters. :(

Well I think the film will be dominated by the villain/s. The Dark Knight trilogy was. (Well, not the first one)

At least I hope it is, villains are so much more interesting.

Do you guys think The Joker won in The Dark Knight?

Yes and no. For most of the movie? No. He did turn a hero into a villain(that whole plot point is a bit suspect and probably the weakest part) though and more importantly, for the whole Joker arc, he made Batman take a life.

and... slow clap for coolsome, back on the necro path.