Sign in to follow this  
Acefox&#13

The All Things Batman Thread

Do you guys think The Joker won in The Dark Knight?

Yes and no. For most of the movie? No. He did turn a hero into a villain(that whole plot point is a bit suspect and probably the weakest part) though and more importantly, for the whole Joker arc, he made Batman take a life.

SPOILERS:

He turned two heroes into villains, right? He destroyed Harvey Dent and made everyone hate Batman. He created chaos and undid all the work that Harvey did. I think he won.

The Wilhelm Scream is becoming more and more common. I've noticed it in at least one big budget movie every year for the past decade(but that wasn't it anyway).

I'm willing to bet that scream was added in for the trailer. They must have had a shitty editor on it.

2VVfAZkWDtI

Why even bother releasing on handheld devices at all if you're just gonna pull this s**t on us?

EDIT: Wait, is the image on that video focusing on Catwoman's arse? Bloody typical...

EDIT: Wait, is the image on that video focusing on Catwoman's arse? Bloody typical...

Twice. Once they zoom in on it and another, it's centred. Haha.

Alas, Catwoman was put on my iPod backscreen from promotional art for Arkham City and remains there... so... touché.

BM1-noscale.jpg

Note the Rocksteady logo. All is well again.

And yes...

black93472340.jpg

...we're gonna get to drive the Batmobile.

I hate that it already has a pre order bonus. They haven't even shown any gameplay, but of course you can pre order to play as another character in the game you haven't seen gameplay for yet.

Another Rocksteady Batman game with Scarecrow is always good and it will be interesting to see hoe they use the Batmobile...

So long as the Scarecrow doesn't take off his mask and turn out to be the Joker again I'm happy...

Surprised no one posted the announce trailer yet.

My thoughts, it looks way better than Arkham Origins. It's going to be great with Scarecrow in the lead although it seems to be weird that he convinced Harley, Penguin, and Two-Face to help him while he plays ring leader. It would make more sense if Scarecrow managed to somehow brainwashed them using his fear gas.

Let's all drool over a trailer that doesn't show any gameplay whatsoever.

I loved Arkham Asylum, but every other Rocksteady Batman game felt like it copy pasted all AA assets and then threw in some more. A true snoozefest. I played through Arkham City, wasn't too bad. Didn't even bother with Origins after 1 hour of playing.

It's up there with Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty's annualized copypasta.

I loved Arkham Asylum, but every other Rocksteady Batman game felt like it copy pasted all AA assets and then threw in some more.

They only made AA and AC.

I loved Arkham Asylum, but every other Rocksteady Batman game felt like it copy pasted all AA assets and then threw in some more. A true snoozefest. I played through Arkham City, wasn't too bad. Didn't even bother with Origins after 1 hour of playing.

It's up there with Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty's annualized copypasta.

I wouldn't say that yet.

Arkham City felt like a pretty big jump from Asylum with Origin be the hashed out sequel. That isn't up there with Assassins Creed yet.

Jus f**king great. Now I have to save up 500 bucks so I can get an Xbox One so I'll be able to play Arkham Knight. F**k you, Microsoft.

I loved Asylum. I thought City went overboard, still good though. Origins was a bit lackluster, but it was a transitional game by a new studio that didn't attempt to do anything new (a safe move for a new studio, I think it was a good decision for WB Montreal). Asylum will always be my favourite, though. Love the Metroid style play better than the huge open world play. I'm psyched for Arkham Knight. Though, I don't really approve of the new suit's lack of the cape. Takes away much of the vi v e.

As far as I'm concerned the whole series is better than the Nolan films.

Jus f**king great. Now I have to save up 500 bucks so I can get an Xbox One so I'll be able to play Arkham Knight. F**k you, Microsoft.
No you don't. Get the PS4. It's cheaper and better.

No, just either upgrade or build a new PC. Better than any console will ever be.

No, just either upgrade or build a new PC. Better than any console will ever be.

Generally, that will cost you more than $500.

Generally, that will cost you more than $500.

Initially but it will last longer and be a better experience overall.

No you don't. Get the PS4. It's cheaper and better.

I agree with you.

Ooo, new details.

- "Arkham Knight" is actually the name of a recently created villain created by DC Entertainment

- The old voice cast is back (so yay for Kevin Conroy!)

- NO MULTIPLAYER - Rocksteady's "making the best single-player experience it can."

- Takes place a year after B:AC, in a map five times bigger

- There can be over 50 enemies on screen, so it's REALLY next-gen

- The Batmobile will be summonable after pressing a button, and Rocksteady wants to make it "the best car in any game ever"

- Release date's aiming for mid-October

Ooo, new details.

- "Arkham Knight" is actually the name of a recently created villain created by DC Entertainment

- The old voice cast is back (so yay for Kevin Conroy!)

- NO MULTIPLAYER - Rocksteady's "making the best single-player experience it can."

- Takes place a year after B:AC, in a map five times bigger

- There can be over 50 enemies on screen, so it's REALLY next-gen

- The Batmobile will be summonable after pressing a button, and Rocksteady wants to make it "the best car in any game ever"

- Release date's aiming for mid-October

That's great! though I seem to get killed easily when ganged up on so 50 will be a big challenge. :P

The Arkham Knight character was created specifically for the game and is so far only planned to be involved with this game and perhaps the associated comics. In other words, they(again, so far) are only going to be in the Arkham universe.

Then again, Harley was only created to make the Joker character lighter without going campy.

Everything I've heard sounds pretty good... except the driving. I'll admit that really has me worried. Really really worried. There are games(non-driving focused) where driving is alright and then there are games where it honestly ruins the game for me.

I'm behind I have no idea who Arkham Knight is.

No one does.