• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Acefox&#13

The All Things Batman Thread

As of yet, best fight scene in an animated Batman movie goes to The Dark Knight Returns

Although there is nothing when it comes to genuine gameplay, I do like the way the Telltale Batman series is playing with the mythology like the reason behind Thomas And Martha Wayne's murder, Thomas Wayne's corruption, the snarky Sex Pistols incarnation of The Penguin, and so on and so forth. It's actually doing a Batman story that doesn't feel like something I've seen before. Too bad it's a visual novel and not a f**king game.

Funny thing about Cold Cold Heart: it's a cover of a Hank Williams song and it's about how Williams' wife had an abortion behind his back and blamed him for it.

I finally saw The Killing Joke... I didn't mind the added footage until the end of it, which I really disliked.  That's the only aspect I didn't like of the DC Animated Universe, and I don't like it even more here.  I'm not sure why Bruce Timm is so adamant about it.  It seems doubly weird to use it in this film, as the original has already had lots of controversy for the Joker stripping Barbara Gordon naked (which I really don't like either), but adding the new footage to it makes it even more controversial.  

Bruce Timm stated that he knew the new material would be controversial, but he felt that it was necessary to the story.  I don't see that at all.  In the original, it makes sense that Batman would go after the Joker the way he did, just due to the nature of what he did to Barbara and her father.  The new material is so unnecessary to the plot that its inclusion is not only off-putting, but completely pointless.

1 hour ago, Jenni said:

That's the only aspect I didn't like of the DC Animated Universe, and I don't like it even more here.

Which bit

killing the joker?

Barbara Gordon and Bruce Wayne having a sexual relationship

The other aspects of Return of the Joker, on the other hand, I liked a lot.  It's one of my favorite Batman films.

The official title of Affleck's solo movie:

The Batman.

Edited by Noname215

Dark Knight III has a new book out. Wondering whether I should do a plot summary.

The UN has named Wonder Woman as "the UN ambassador for the empowerment of women and girls," and the move is being protested.

29 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

The UN has named Wonder Woman as "the UN ambassador for the empowerment of women and girls," and the move is being protested.

I'd have Sailor Moon as the ambassador. 

5 hours ago, Noname215 said:

Well, considering she's not a real person, it makes sense that UN members would protest her appointment as an ambassador.

2 hours ago, Jenni said:

Well, considering she's not a real person, it makes sense that UN members would protest her appointment as an ambassador.

That's not the main reason behind the protest. The protest is over her body.

That article reads to me as her not being real is at least an equal reason and perhaps the main one.

William Shatner will be voicing Two Face in the sequel to Return of the Caped Crusader

Telltale's Batman series has one of the best takes on the Batman mythos I've seen in a while.

I'm really excited for the Wonder Woman movie. Hoping Geoff Johns being involved in the movies brings in the positivity that they've all been lacking. DC Comics have great stories to work with, but they really need to work on the tone. If nothing else, this one looks like a pretty rad action movie. :)

1 hour ago, Coolsome said:

Anyone else see the Caped Crusaders? I thought it was a really good movie had all the charm of the 66 series. 

I want to watch it but haven't had a chance yet. It looks fantastic. I watched Batman & Robin so many times when I was younger, I broke the tape :)

38 minutes ago, Colonel Pan!c said:

I want to watch it but haven't had a chance yet. It looks fantastic. I watched Batman & Robin so many times when I was younger, I broke the tape :)

That movie was trying and failing to be a Batman 66 movie.