• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Acefox&#13

The All Things Batman Thread

I just finished Telltale's Batman.  The story was pretty awesome.  I hope DC makes comics and animated movies based on Telltale's game like they did with Rocksteady's Arkham City, as I really like Telltale's take on the Batman mythos and wouldn't mind seeing other authors dipping their toes in that pond.

On 12/13/2016 at 6:05 PM, Jenni said:

I just finished Telltale's Batman.  The story was pretty awesome.  I hope DC makes comics and animated movies based on Telltale's game like they did with Rocksteady's Arkham City, as I really like Telltale's take on the Batman mythos and wouldn't mind seeing other authors dipping their toes in that pond.

You just know that with a big brand name like Batman that there's bound to be a second season.

I dooed a thing.

IMG_2114.JPG

So David Ayer and Margot Robbie are coming back to do Gotham City Sirens, and Poison Ivy and Catwoman will be in it.

A few words relating to Dark Knight III #7

Lazarus

Atom

Trump (We're gonna make the Kryptonians pay for the damages to Gotham City. You're gonna love this!)

Lantern

Thermopylae

Invasion

Thanagar

Bat-Mite

Edited by Noname215

I've got to say, Telltale's Batman, speaking solely of the story, was one of the freshest takes on the Batman Mythos in a while. Not only did we have a Batman who finally acts more like his comic counterpart who still cares for his teammates, and innocent people, and even wants to help criminals reform, rather than punch their faces in, but we had some fresh takes on the Batman mythos as a whole. 

19 hours ago, Noname215 said:

So I'll only do more DKIII recaps if @Darth Marsden shows himself and ask so for them.

Thou hast uttered the sacred words, and thus I have emerged from my place of slumber.

Now gimme them recaps.

34 minutes ago, Darth Marsden said:

Thou hast uttered the sacred words, and thus I have emerged from my place of slumber.

Now gimme them recaps.

Righty ho ho. I'll get on those today.

Who's ready for The Lego Batman Movie? In a time of everyone bantering back and forth over political fecal matter, I need some good old fashioned escapism.

I just saw The Lego Batman Movie, and it was one of the best combinations of sheer awesomeness and [redacted]-level stupidity I have ever seen.

Edited by flesk
Inappropriate language

As great as the movie's music sequences are I didn't think they outdid Everything Is Awesome, however you will have a big fat smile on your face when they do happen. And my God, all those jabs at DC!

I just remembered how this was almost a thing

IMG_2263.JPG

It was pitched as pretty much a Degrassi/All Grown Up ripoff only with Batman characters, and would have dealt with usual high school TV stuff like the girl next door trying to get the man of her dreams, winning the big game, dealing with bullies, class president elections, the same old crap. Quite frankly I think it sounded like one of the worst ideas I ever heard.

Turns out someone at DC must have liked that idea a lot, lo and behold, we get a cartoon for preteen girls which is pretty much the same thing only tweaked

IMG_2264.JPG

Edited by Noname215

I have a ten year old goddaughter, believe me I know.

Every time she's at my house she raids my comic book collection. You should have seen the look on her face when she got to The Killing Joke.

Edited by Noname215

I actually gave her a copy of Tintin and the Prisoners of the Sun, left the room for twenty minutes, came back and found she swapped it out for Killing Joke and was weeping because Joker now terrified her and she loves Batgirl. I later explained to her how Barbara became Oracle and all the Batgirls who followed her.

What's weird is how she likes Batgirl a whole lot but hates Batwoman. She says "she's just a lame, less awesome Batgirl."

Edited by Noname215

Every time she comes over with her parents she always wants to read the darker Batman books I have like The Black Mirror (which is essentially a grim psychological thriller) or Death in the Family. I keep trying to coax her but she knows which ones I've read the most because of lines on the book spines which automatically makes her want to read them.

I got her to drop her fear of The Joker by showing her a couple episodes of the original animated series, so that helped.

15 hours ago, Bookdust said:

Maybe it's a relatability thing. She's a girl, and so is Batgirl, so Batgirl is more like her than Batwoman is.

Nah, that can't be it, she loves Wonder Woman too.

But even she doesn't know why. Here's an actual conversation she had:

"Gracie, why don't you like Power Girl's outfit?"

"I dunno."

"Is it the look?"

"I dunno."

"Is it her figure or her clothing?"

"I dunno."

"Here, have a Capri-Sun."

"YESSS!"

Edited by Noname215

She pretty much answers "I dunno" to most questions, like is she a girl or what color is the sky. I think she just doesn't want to answer anyone, and it's kinda hilarious.

Anyway, @Darth Marsden I'm gonna write those recaps either today or tomorrow.

She only wears the color pink, believes that Equestria is a real place and obsesses over Jacob Sartorius. Pretty sure she knows.

23 hours ago, Noname215 said:

She pretty much answers "I dunno" to most questions, like is she a girl or what color is the sky. I think she just doesn't want to answer anyone, and it's kinda hilarious.

Anyway, @Darth Marsden I'm gonna write those recaps either today or tomorrow.

Cool. Looking forward to them, but don't rush on my account - whenever's best for you.

I'm not exactly rushing. I just have what amounts to four full issues and four mini issues to cover, so I'm doing it as a single collective recap.

Okay here's what I'm gonna do. Tomorrow and maybe the following day I'm gonna write those recaps, then I'm cutting myself off from the forums until I finish with my horror script. The place is proving to be somewhat of a pleasant distraction and I've procrastinated enough as it is.