Sign in to follow this  
Acefox&#13

The All Things Batman Thread

I'll do the recap tomorrow. Someone with Nazi boobs is back.

So SJWs are mad that Gal Gadot doesn't have armpit hair 

When I use that term, that is what is implied, yes. The psychotic side of liberalism.

Some people just won't be happy until Wonder Woman looks like unshaved Drew Carey.

Edited by Noname215

6 hours ago, Noname215 said:

Some people just won't be happy until Wonder Woman looks like unshaved Drew Carey.

Ftfy

Edited by MusicallyInspired

On 3/30/2017 at 11:17 PM, Darth Marsden said:

@Noname215 I keep forgetting that thing exists.

I'll do it tomorrow and then immediately get back to writing. I keep procrastinating.

Zack Snyder's daughter Autumn committed suicide.

Joss Whedon is handling post production of Justice League while Zack and his wife Deborah take time to cope.

Certain theaters are holding screenings of Wonder Woman that only women can attend.

Well isn't that wonderful.

ba-dum-tiss

Ah, so now it's more than one theatre doing it? I know that the first one ended up adding more screenings because they got sold out. Proceeds going to charity, so that's nice.

I'm super excited about Wonder Woman, it looks awesome, I'm so annoyed that here in Spain it won't air until the 23rd, what the heck. Bleh, having to wait for a dubbed version I don't want.

Edited by EMarley

Having just gotten back from seeing it, I believe that Wonder Woman is at this point the greatest DC movie. And it pisses me off because David Ayer could have killed it with Suicide Squad had WB not meddled with him and given him enough time to write a proper script. Because this movie shows just how good a DC movie can be with the right script. Gal Gadot is exceptional and Chris Pine is a damn good choice for Steve Trevor.

Having said that...

Ares was only okay. For a villain that is supposed to have his head hanging over everything this entire movie, when it all comes down to it I thought he could have been better. I found Danny Huston's character to be a lot more intimidating, to be honest.

Suicide Squad made one simple, terrible mistake.  Having their canon Batman in the flick.  So many fans wrote it off just for that.  It would be like Hugh Jackman appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy.  Movies with totally different tones, thrust into continuity.  Forget that the movie was pretty subpar.  It never had a chance.

That's just ignoring my personal opinion of the Joker's physical appearance being a slap in the face.

The Jackman/GOTG comparison doesn't really work since they're different franchises all together.

Batfleck didn't bother me by being in the movie since he really do anything but typical Batman stuff. Swoop down behind criminals and chase the Joker with the Batmobile. Ayer says that if he was given another chance he'd have made Joker the main villain of the movie.

Edited by Noname215

7 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

The Jackman/GOTG comparison doesn't really work since they're different franchises all together.

Only in film because of the rights' holders.  In comics, they've crossed paths numerous times(especially with The Avengers.  And you'd bet they would again if Fox didn't have ownership).

Edited by Johro

I read an opinion article on Screen Rant saying that Wonder Woman is DC's greatest icon. As in above Superman and above Batman.

Oh, really.

If that's the case, why are so many of her comics so forgettable? Yes, the character lasts, but the stories come and go pretty quick. Only Batman and Superman have stories that will truly last, and the closest Wonder Woman has to a truly noteworthy story are Paradise Lost/Paradise Found or The Circle.

I admit, I only read the first few lines. That's what I get for judging a book by its cover.

Having said that, I still think to call Wonder Woman the best of the bunch is a mistake, although she is certainly the greatest female superhero hands down.

Outside of the big 3, DC has pretty forgettable heroes.  DC is as good at heroes as Marvel is with villains.  If DC could find a way to have their villains drive the franchise, they'd be all set... and I don't mean Suicide Squad.

I wouldn't say that heroes outside of the trinity are forgettable. There are still some pretty big names like Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Nightwing, just to name a few.

The Avengers changes its roster so often that I've lost track at this point.

I don't know, man.  I don't think those characters are all that interesting on the surface.  They're a tough sell.  They're in an uphill battle right now with their direction of "we'll prove it".  "We'll prove these are great characters".  It looks like Wonder Woman did.  They need another big success to really be in the game.  What's next?  Justice League?  Don't know about that one.  Aquaman sounds more interesting, but that's coming later. 

1 hour ago, Noname215 said:

I admit, I only read the first few lines. That's what I get for judging a book by its cover.

Having said that, I still think to call Wonder Woman the best of the bunch is a mistake, although she is certainly the greatest female superhero hands down.

So you think the DC films embraced and embodied the iconic characters of Batman and Superman more successfully than they did Wonder Woman? (I haven't seen Wonder Woman so I can't compare.)

I was referring to DC heroes in general, not specifically to the DCEU.

Besides, I'm not gonna take back what I said that as of now Wonder Woman is the best DCEU film.

Edited by Noname215

Oh, okay. I assumed when you said

2 hours ago, Noname215 said:

I still think to call Wonder Woman the best of the bunch is a mistake

you were talking about the article and therefore the movies.

The best part of the film is

no man's land.

The badassery of the fight rivals the warehouse brawl from Batman V Superman.

How many actors have a shot at being a part of something that became a part of pop culture? It's been very rewarding. I'm not getting the 20 million bucks for the new movies, but at least I'm getting warmth and recognition from people wherever I go.

Rest In Peace, Adam West.

Danny Elfman is scoring Justice League after Junkie XL got caught up in scheduling.

Now he's gonna have to come up with a new Batman theme. Good luck with that, pal.