Sign in to follow this  
Acefox&#13

The All Things Batman Thread

I'm loving these shorts. Best thing they could do to celebrate the character.

There's this Batman short showing him progress along the 75 years along with a Superman short which does the concept better in my opinion.

Batman:

Superman:

But they actually seem to have out more time and effort into the Superman one. It just seems like a more fitting tribute, and that was what disappointed me about the two Batman shorts.

But they actually seem to have out more time and effort into the Superman one. It just seems like a more fitting tribute, and that was what disappointed me about the two Batman shorts.

I wasn't a big fan of the Strange Minds one because mainly the only thing I could really give it is some very solid animation and fighting.

But on the other hand, the Batman Beyond short is like a love letter to fans of animated Batman. I mean we get Terry and Bruce going up against every other Batman created including 66 Batman, The Batman, Beware the Batman and so many more. Plus there's that brilliant finisher line from Bruce ''7 against 2. The odds look bad....for them.''

It was that ending alone that makes me wish they'd spring for a Batman Beyond revival. It probably be far better than Teen Titans Go! But hey that's another rant for another day.

There's this Batman short showing him progress along the 75 years along with a Superman short which does the concept better in my opinion.

Batman:

Superman:

The Superman one was a professional one by Bruce Timm and Zack Snyder. The Batman one was an amateur video made by a fan. For a fan made tribute, I'd say it's pretty good.

I didn't realise it was fan made, in which case yeah, It's really good. Although it's a solid short in of itself despite who it was made by although wish it would have given more focus to some of the other shows like Beyond or The Batman mainly because I didn't see why so much had to be made for the Nolan movies.

The first one was by Bruce Timm, the second was by Darwyn Cooke. Cooke's a pretty good graphic novelist, so it really isn't that much of a fan video.

The first one was by Bruce Timm, the second was by Darwyn Cooke. Cooke's a pretty good graphic novelist, so it really isn't that much of a fan video.

I was referring to the 75th anniversary Superman collage and the fan made 75th anniversary Batman collage that was created to mimic it.

The two official 75th anniversary Batman animations are short stories rather than the collage created to celebrate Superman's anniversary, and they're both awesome. I personally much prefer the short story approach to the collage approach (especially since they cover pretty much every era of Batman between them). It's a great way to celebrate Batman's legacy.

I finally watched The Flashpoint Paradox and I gotta say it's up there with my favourite animated DC movies along with Return of the Joker, Mask of the Phantasm, and Starcrossed the Movie. Really good dark emotional take on the DC universe and great for a first dive into the new 52 universe.

I was actually surprised on how bad WW and Aquaman got I mean.

Wonder Woman despises man and has no problems whatsoever to murdering anyone. She first murders Steve Rogers by claiming she is queen and she is able to handle any problem. Then she flats out murders Captain Marvel/Shazzam in a kid family form!. Aquaman more or less nukes the entire universe just because his wife was killed by Wonder Woman even though his wife attacked her first.

But man did I love that ending. Batman is one of my favourite characters and Flash is one of my favourite characters (Wally West and Barry Allen anyway) and then ending where

Batman actually begins tearing up at his father's alternate universe letter and then thanks Flash was brilliant

I've got to agree with you there. I bought the Flashpoint Paradox Blu Ray on a whim when it came out, and I'm glad I did. It's excellent. Did you check out the special features yet? There's an excellent feature on there regarding the history of the Flash and time travel that posits some interesting hypotheses on how time travel could work without breaking the rules of physics.

Soooo any theories on Arkham Knight's identity?

It's either Tommy Elliot or Jason Todd

Tommy Elliot or Jason Todd

Red Hood is in the game so I don't think it's him. And Hush was established in City so I don't think he would change into a new identity.

Some people seem to think it's Damien Wayne

I just hope it's not Joker. That would ruin the power of City's ending.

Some people seem to think it's Damien Wayne

I just hope it's not Joker. That would ruin the power of City's ending.

I'm sure it's not Joker after Origins Black Mask story and

Joker's body was cremated

Since it wasn't mentioned here. Batman Vs Robin Movie Trailer and clip.

Trailer:

Exclusive Clip:

It seems for this adaption of the storyline, it won't featured Damian vs Dick but rather Bruce Vs Damian. They are also including The Court of Owls into the mix as well.

We also have a brand new Arkham game heading to mobiles named Batman Arkham Underworld

http://www.arkhamunderworld.com/

I'm still waiting for an adaptation of Superman: Red Son or Batman: The Long Halloween, maybe as a two parter like they did with The Dark Knight Returns.

The one Batman story I really want them to adapt is Batman: Hush, it's just a brilliant storyline.

You all know you want All-Star Batman to be adapted. Who wouldn't want to hear ''I'M THE GODDAMN BATMAN'' in animation?

The greatest unintentional comedy ever made. You have motherfuckers getting molotoved then Batman and Black Canary screwing as the bodies sizzle and burn, you got Batman being absolutely evil to Dick like making him eat vermin, and Wonder Woman and Superman have a make out session right in front of the Justice League. Hilarious!

The greatest unintentional comedy ever made. You have motherfuckers getting molotoved then Batman and Black Canary screwing as the bodies sizzle and burn, you got Batman being absolutely evil to Dick like making him eat vermin, and Wonder Woman and Superman have a make out session right in front of the Justice League. Hilarious!

Plus there's Batman & Robin painting themselves and a entire werehouse yellow to screw with Green Lantern and Batman punching Dick in the face

Plus there's Batman & Robin painting themselves and a entire werehouse yellow to screw with Green Lantern and Batman punching Dick in the face

All-Star_Batman_5B.jpg

I'd like Batman: Zero Year to be made into a film, since Year One was made and now that the movies are focusing on the New 52, it means Batman's origin has changed in the new universe. Plus, it involves an awesome storyline involving the Riddler taking Gotham entirely off grid, forcing Bruce to step up as Batman and fight against him.

I could never see the Riddler as being that threatening of a villain.

I suspect a 'Dark Knight'-style reinterpretation could make The Riddler one twisted piece of work. I've always wondered why that's never really happened.

The one Batman story I really want them to adapt is Batman: Hush, it's just a brilliant storyline.

Hush Beyond was awesome as well. I'd love to see that one get an adaptation, since I really love the Batman Beyond universe and that story shows us what happened to Dick Grayson (which is really the only thing I wish they showed that they never did on the Batman Beyond series).

I suspect a 'Dark Knight'-style reinterpretation could make The Riddler one twisted piece of work. I've always wondered why that's never really happened.

I dunno. He looks more like a sex offender then a serious villain. He's got kind of a dirty mechanic look in Arkham Knight.