Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Abby

Not-so-Secret Documents for Psychonauts - Where on Earth are they?

So from what I heard from Milkman last night, and he watched a movie in class about Tim Schafer, talking about a few things before he released Psychonauts. In that video, he freely admit that it wasn't a secret that he had loads, and loads of notebooks about the game in the works. In the many notebooks he had in his hand, they held all the background stories for the characters, , how they got their quirks, how the Aquatos got cursed, and loads of other stuff that he didn't tell us in the game. I was wondering on where on Earth I can find those documents besides in Tim's hands. If you find any of the documents, I will be forever grateful and draw you a lovely pic of whatever you want!

Yeah! Come on Mr. Schaffer! Now that you all own full rights you should publish some Psychonauts novels detailing all the backstory ^_^ Or just publish the notebooks. Either way lol

Sounds fascinating. 8D

And Psychonauts novels?

Now there's a video-game tie-in I'd buy. <3

I would buy every issue in a heartbeat. <3

Hoping Tim releases the notes onto the internet for everyone to see, depending if he wants to.

Hmm, I think It'd be kinda neat to see some of that stuff. But it's true that it might ruin some of the surprise if P-nauts 2 is ever made.

Hmm, I think It'd be kinda neat to see some of that stuff. But it's true that it might ruin some of the surprise if P-nauts 2 is ever made.

Yeah, that's very true. :T

It would still be a nice alternative if they can't make Psychonauts 2 though.

http://mixnmojo.com/media/audios/GDC-2004-Tim-Schafer-on-Memorable-Character-Design3

Finally found the lecture in which he talks about them. Also just a nice lesson in character design.

Thank you so much for posting the audio clip! This whole speech makes me want to write stories for games or comics more and draw concepts of everything needed; worlds, landscapes, cities, and characters of course. I thought he gave out a great lesson in character design and creating a story. I also 100% agree with him about great graphics and story make the game great and complete. I just love the freaking guy!

Tim Schafer, my thumbs up to you! d( *U* )b

Edit: Never mind. I totally forgot that Mojo launched the Media section.

Proceed, gentlemen.

- Kroms

(Mojo staffer)

Sign in to follow this