Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hoobs

Well Doublefine, You have lost my sale!

I was eagerly awaiting Treched (or Iron Brigade or whatever the hell its called now) back in June.

It didn't arrive for us Europeans but Doublefine did later announce a release date of September. Well it's the last Wednesday in September and guess what? Yup, no Trenched/Iron Brigade on the XBLM.

The best part? Still not a word uttered by Doublefine.

Well, If you can't be bothered to keep us updated then I can't be bothered to buy your game (or anyfuture games). Sure I was really looking forward to it and purchased a MS points card in anticpation, but you know what?

You have lost a sale.... I will spend the points elesewhere!

It was fun while it lasted, or didnt.

Really? You're not going to buy it or future games because lawyers are extremely huge dicks?

I guess you won't buy any games then, because all lawyers are huge dicks.

Really? You're not going to buy it or future games because lawyers are extremely huge dicks?

He isn't complaining about the game being released later, he's complaining that no one from doublefine says "okay were not going to make the September release, it's going to be October".

Personally i wouldn't base my decision to buy or not to buy the game on this. I'm checking this forum and the xbox marketplace nearly daily and i am also sad that there are no news.

I wonder if the op is boycotting Valve for promising Half Life Episodes to be released in a timely manner without any info about them and how they are now taking years.

He isn't complaining about the game being released later, he's complaining that no one from doublefine says "okay were not going to make the September release, it's going to be October".

Personally i wouldn't base my decision to buy or not to buy the game on this. I'm checking this forum and the xbox marketplace nearly daily and i am also sad that there are no news.

Exactly my point.

Thanks for the memories Double fine.. or lack of!

I wonder if the op is boycotting Valve for promising Half Life Episodes to be released in a timely manner without any info about them and how they are now taking years.

Or Blizzard games,

I can't imagine how they felt about Duke Nukem Forever.

this does not suprise me. i knew when they said "september", without a nailed on date, it was too vague. it just stinks of desperatly trying to keep interest up when i guess they knew full well it would not release in sept. i had already made the decision not to buy and im glad i still intend not to. useless liars.

Well, apparently there was an update on the facebook page on 21. sept.

The September release was unfortunately not an Officially Sanctioned message! We're not sure where that came from. :( The IRON BRIGADE update with the new, FREE SURVIVAL MODE is entering certification now. If things go well we should release in about 3 weeks. Again, we apologize for the long delay, but it'll be here sooner than you think! As soon as we get a firm date you'll be the first to know!

Three weeks from 21. sept is 12. October.

Brad Muir (Trenched project lead) also posted this on the Giant Bomb forums yesterday:

Man it's hard to get the word out! We've put announcements about the release on our facebook and twitter but that's about all we've got. Double Fine is not exactly a PR juggernaut! ;)

The September release date was not authorized by Double Fine. I'm sorry about that! Certification and finaling is such a weird process, particularly with digital distribution. It's hard to give firm dates until very close to release. On top of that this is a Pretty Hard maneuver we're trying to do with the renaming of the game. It doesn't happen very often so the cert process is stickier than we thought.

This delay wasn't funny, then became kind of hilarious, but now it's totally overshot and become unacceptable. Unfortunately there's not much that we could have done differently. I want you guys to be able to play the game no matter where the fuck you live! As soon as we have a release date we will kick it out to you. Promise!

-Brad

Wow, would you listen to this guy?! He sounds like such a terrible person! Guys, I completely agree with you, I refuse to buy a game from someone who would do nothing more than give an honest, sincere apology and explanation like this - I mean, he isn't even going to personally track down everyone in the world who has expressed interest in the game and apologise and grovel at their feet and give them £10,000 compensation each!

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that everyone who works at Double Fine is pretty much on the level of Satan by now. No, I can't wait for this game to come out here in the UK so I can deny myself the enjoyment of playing it and in the process do irreparable harm to the evil corporation who created it, by removing 0.000000000000000000001% of their potential profits. Stick It To The Man!

^ I like this guy.

Why get so butthurt if a game you wanna play doesn't come out when you thought it would? Yeah, they said September and didn't really announce everywhere that it would be delayed, but who cares? That doesn't make it any less fun of a game. You're just complaining for the sake of complaining. Get over yourselves.

Wow, would you listen to this guy?! He sounds like such a terrible person! Guys, I completely agree with you, I refuse to buy a game from someone who would do nothing more than give an honest, sincere apology and explanation like this - I mean, he isn't even going to personally track down everyone in the world who has expressed interest in the game and apologise and grovel at their feet and give them £10,000 compensation each!

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that everyone who works at Double Fine is pretty much on the level of Satan by now. No, I can't wait for this game to come out here in the UK so I can deny myself the enjoyment of playing it and in the process do irreparable harm to the evil corporation who created it, by removing 0.000000000000000000001% of their potential profits. Stick It To The Man!

You’re absolutely right. It’s terribly difficult to post an update in the official “Trenched” forum.

I stand by my decision. It’s the easiest thing in the world to make brief update. If a company can’t be bothered to support its community then perhaps the community should abandon support for said company. There’s certainly no shortage of excellent games around the corner from developers who shock respect the people who pay their bills.

Missing you all already… maybe not.

I understand that your trying to be loyal to this company and their products dude, so am I. I have Brütal Legend, Trenched and Stacking as well as all of the DLC. As much as I love Double Fine, you can't shy away from the fact that they are the people selling the product (as hard as it may have been for them from the get go, with the name changes and such), you can't blame lawyers or other higher authorities for the accidents or shortcomings of a small video game company. Also, it's a game so just chill out everyone. Coz I know your all going to buy the game despite what you say.

I'm not angry people

I understand that your trying to be loyal to this company and their products dude, so am I. I have Brütal Legend, Trenched and Stacking as well as all of the DLC. As much as I love Double Fine, you can't shy away from the fact that they are the people selling the product (as hard as it may have been for them from the get go, with the name changes and such), you can't blame lawyers or other higher authorities for the accidents or shortcomings of a small video game company. Also, it's a game so just chill out everyone. Coz I know your all going to buy the game despite what you say.

I'm not angry people

It wasn't the accident of Double Fine that they didn't give out information. If you hadn't noticed, anytime something like this happens with copyright problems, no one is allowed to talk about it do to the lawyers (in this case, probably the publishers, AKA microsoft's,) keeping a lid on everything till it died down. Then saying it was DFs fault for saying they thought the game was going to be released in September, even though they have nothing to do with when and where the game is released because that is the publishers job. Basically, this guy is getting mad at DF for the publishers faults.