Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bazaar

Insecticide and Action Figures for Psychonauts

Hi all,

I was just wondering about a coupla things; I was looking at a teaser for Insecticide and the artwork reminded me a bit of Psychonauts, and I was wondering if Tim/DF was part of the Insecticide project for the DS? A few clues seem to suggest that but I'm probably wrong.

And another question regarding Psychonauts; if Tim and DF do come out with Psychonauts II, could Tim and his marketing team PLEASE make plastic action figures of Raz and all the main characters so that I can buy them and keep them on my desk at work? Also, a diorama of the sleep-away camp would be great to purchase also so that the action figures can play in the camp on my desk, like they did in Psychonauts, with flowers and grass. It would be like the Liddle Kiddles dioramas I had when I was a little girl. I would love if I could have Psychonauts Action Figures! I loved Raz, I loved his voice, I loved his innocence, and I loved everything about the game although I couldn't finish it because I found the ending too hard. Regardless, when I first played Psychonauts, it was on my XBOX, so now, I've bought the game for the PC, which I intend to play again when I am done playing Hotel Dusk, Return to Mysterious Island, Plant Tycoon, and Baldurs Gate II.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I was just wondering about a coupla things; I was looking at a teaser for Insecticide and the artwork reminded me a bit of Psychonauts, and I was wondering if Tim/DF was part of the Insecticide project for the DS? A few clues seem to suggest that but I'm probably wrong.

And another question regarding Psychonauts; if Tim and DF do come out with Psychonauts II, could Tim and his marketing team PLEASE make plastic action figures of Raz and all the main characters so that I can buy them and keep them on my desk at work? Also, a diorama of the sleep-away camp would be great to purchase also so that the action figures can play in the camp on my desk, like they did in Psychonauts, with flowers and grass. It would be like the Liddle Kiddles dioramas I had when I was a little girl. I would love if I could have Psychonauts Action Figures! I loved Raz, I loved his voice, I loved his innocence, and I loved everything about the game although I couldn't finish it because I found the ending too hard. Regardless, when I first played Psychonauts, it was on my XBOX, so now, I've bought the game for the PC, which I intend to play again when I am done playing Hotel Dusk, Return to Mysterious Island, Plant Tycoon, and Baldurs Gate II.

Thanks!

Nay, Insecticide is not a Double Fine game. However, it is being developed by Lucasarts (which many of the DF members used to work for before it ditched the clever titles in favour of the more mainstream titles) so it may bear a similar art-style to an extent, however they may have some free-lance artists or such. But the Double Fine site has all the information regarding titles etc, currently they are all working on Brutal Legend so they can give it their full attention.

Heh, as to Psychonauts merchandise: it is a bit early days for Double Fine to really milk the cash cow, they are still making effort to keep their reputation under the ''sheer-brilliance'' banner. But who knows what the future may bring...

Heh, as to Psychonauts merchandise: it is a bit early days for Double Fine to really milk the cash cow, they are still making effort to keep their reputation under the ''sheer-brilliance'' banner. But who knows what the future may bring...

I'm going to guess we'll get a matching spinning top to go with my yo-yo, and probably another floaty pen.

If Double Fine Action Figures were going to be considered, I would personally prefer them to be tiny trophies. Or bobble heads. But only if they came out with normal Action Figures with kung-fu grip first.

*Newbie salute!*

By all means, milk the cash cow! The milk is delicious! Or so the legend goes...

Can you say 'goggles'?

Moo =)

I'm going to guess we'll get a matching spinning top to go with my yo-yo, and probably another floaty pen.

If Double Fine Action Figures were going to be considered, I would personally prefer them to be tiny trophies. Or bobble heads. But only if they came out with normal Action Figures with kung-fu grip first.

Bobble-heads are the worst thing since Myspace or prostate cancer. Thankfully, I believe Double Fine have better taste (or at least... so I would hope.)

Why not do what I do: head back to ancient China and ask a Kung Fu or Wushu master for his hand, and you shall grant him deep insight into the future world. After claiming his hand reveal your pearls of wisdom- ''it's not all coffee-beans and advertising you know...'' Job done, you are now in possession of a genuine Kung-Fu hand; free, with Kung-Fu grip!

All seriousness aside: Were they to make models, I would rather they were display model figurines, as opposed to the bendable brethren (which you may have been suggesting to begin with.)

But, if they are made: Edgar is a must, lest I should staple someones tongue to their chin.

Yup, model figurines would be great. American McGee created his model figurines out of a heavy plastic from his Alice games, although they are too big to put on my desk, and he came out with figurines from his unfinished Wizard of Oz game, which I did buy and now they're collectibles. Pixar and Disney make their model figurines from their films, out of a lighter plastic. The color is always excellent on both types and lasts as long as you don't teethe on them. You could also make a model figurine of a cash cow, too, and that would be an "inside joke" metaphor symbolic model figurine. And I would buy at least one of those too, having been part of that forum thread that first discussed it, and I would love it and would give it a special corner on my desk.

We have an infocow, which is better then 10 cash cows!

It's like a royal cow of legends and wonder that is famous, made of jewels, but instead of milk coming out, it's pure magic of goodness.

i have nothing to say about the subject at hand but your Sig is freaking SICK! i love that show!

Nay, Insecticide is not a Double Fine game. However, it is being developed by Lucasarts (which many of the DF members used to work for before it ditched the clever titles in favour of the more mainstream titles) so it may bear a similar art-style to an extent, however they may have some free-lance artists or such.

Insecticide is not a LucasArts game. It's being developed by Crackpot Entertainment, a company which, like Double Fine, was founded by ex-LucasArts employees. The game features Larry Ahern as its art director and Peter Chan as the concept artist, both of whom have contributed art to past Tim Schafer projects.

We have an infocow, which is better then 10 cash cows!

It's like a royal cow of legends and wonder that is famous, made of jewels, but instead of milk coming out, it's pure magic of goodness.

I thought it was info that came out?

BTW, to touch upon what was said earlier... I think Lucasarts is getting back into original IP's again. Hopefully.

P-nauts figures would be smashing.

Vs. Prof. X

razduel.jpg

Fighting a chicken for some reason

razfightingchicken.jpg

Destroying a building

razdestroybuild.jpg

Meeting the competition

razandmonsters.jpg

I have tons more. Including the Dogen figure and the Censor figure. I have to try and find them.

lol nice figurine action: but im sorry Raz (although im sure, in the environment i post this, i shall be ripped to shreds-DO NOT BLAME ME FOR THE TRUTH!), Professor X would WOLOWOP YER POSTERIUR!

As for Godzilla, how can he stand a chance against (apologies for spelling) Gogglor? I mean, he'll just say the name and Godzilla will have a cardiac arrest from how great it is!

P-nauts figures would be smashing.

I have tons more. Including the Dogen figure and the Censor figure. I have to try and find them.

Wha... What? Did you make him? That's plain amazing!

His goggles come up and down too? I'm jealous... that's adorable.

Also, do I detect Godzilla versus Godzilla 2000?

Yea I made them a while back. Pieces of Marvle legends, and apoxy sculpt. They were a fun project. I should work on some more of them sometime.

censorrazthinkfight.jpg

censorsbanhammer.jpg

purse.jpg

dogenadsquirrel.jpg

razbrainagan.jpg

newrazfigstance.jpg

newrazfiganddogen.jpg

razbrainagan.jpg

Edit: I dunno. I guess the Prof would proabably dominate Raz. But I'd still want to see it. COMIC CROSSOVER!?

And I think American Godzilla would be schooled by old school Gman. Like that quick part in what was it, Final wars?

I would also like to see Raz in a Godzilla movie. That would be great. MOVIE CROSSOVER!?

Lol awesomeness!! Bring over the crossovers!

And yea Raz would win against Godzilla: I mean the latter breathes fire, but the former could just shield, or use his telekinesis and pow WOW!

Plus nicely done with those figurines! Cmon, do the whole series! Then, when you've piqued the interest of Double Fine, you'll enter talks and negotiations with them, until they make you their official figurine maker, woot!!

I can see it now; GOGGALOR VS. GODZILLA!!! (coming never to a theater near you)

Ha, ha. I'd definitly but tickets for that one. Now then, let's see a Linda the Lungfish action figure!

I know. I almost wish I had used that username here. But I wanted all the ole' DF forumers to recognize me.

For Dogen I think it was a little Franklin Richards thatI had used. He's smaller then the regular ones and not as articulated. But it was a good base. Do you have any legends?

Hi all,

From 4 Color Rebellion:

Insecticide’s art style reminds us of Psychonauts and the game has been soaked in film noir, what were some of your influences in making Insecticide?

We love Psychonauts. Peter Chan, who worked on it, also worked heavily on Insecticide. But if you look beyond Chrys (the lead character) there is little to no comparison. Psychonauts takes place in a (albeit weird) summer camp – our game is in a dirty, crime ridden city made from evolved insects. When people take a close look at our game and locations, they will see Insecticide really has its own look and feel.

In case anybody still cares.

P.S.> Insecticide was not made by LucasArts. It was made by more ex-LucasArts employees who did not wish to make Star Wars games for the rest of their life I presume. ;)

P.P.S.> I hope this text doesn't hurt your eyes. :P

Sign in to follow this