Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the ass man

Double Fine Delivers Custom Pick-Me-Up Card to Gamer with Rare Brain Disease

This is really sweet. Double Fine continues to be my favorite game company. Plus how many other companies would go do something as nice as this?

Hope your friend is doing better, Conley!

Yes! He's doing much better now. All of this went down about a year and a half ago... his first two surgeries did not go well, and he very well could have died. The third surgery went much better though. Maybe the card helped? In any case, things are much better for him now.

Around the time of his first surgery, I told Tim (whom I had recently seen at PAX, where he'd asked about Chris) what had happened. I most certainly did not expect this kind of response, from him and the rest of the company. In all of my experiences with Double Fine, they have been so genuinely nice. I'm glad that Chris decided to share what happened, and that other people might see that as well.

This is seriously why Double Fine will always be my favorite game company and I'll do whatever I can to support it :3c ((still need money for the Pack of Brütality though but as soon as I get my Dividend check expect an order from me you guys~))

also, I couldn't help but notice... Loboto has TWO claw arms in that. Did he lose his other arm from the fall at Thorney Towers? Hints at designs for Psychonauts sequel? Scott C forgetting his design? WHO KNOWS???

Hope your friend is doing better, Conley!

Yes! He's doing much better now. All of this went down about a year and a half ago... his first two surgeries did not go well, and he very well could have died. The third surgery went much better though. Maybe the card helped? In any case, things are much better for him now.

Around the time of his first surgery, I told Tim (whom I had recently seen at PAX, where he'd asked about Chris) what had happened. I most certainly did not expect this kind of response, from him and the rest of the company. In all of my experiences with Double Fine, they have been so genuinely nice. I'm glad that Chris decided to share what happened, and that other people might see that as well.

It was so nice meeting you guys when you came through! Hope all is well with the two of you!

This is really sweet. Double Fine continues to be my favorite game company. Plus how many other companies would go do something as nice as this?

You mean besides Pixar?

Agreed though, very sweet. Wouldn't expect any less from DF.

Sign in to follow this