Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
segameister

BWAHAHAHAHA!! New topic!! Brutal Legend DLC - online Racing!

:coolmad: I know what you're thinking.... "Dude, woah, DLC for BL... now? The 2 year anniversary of Rocktober 13 is a few days away, and you're suggesting new DLC? F*** off!"

Never! BL is still relevant (ahem - hint) in my household, and this DLC should be relatively easy to build and sell. Translation - easy to build = better profits! There's already a world full of roads, vehicle modelling,

I realize that 2 yrs is crazy, but think about it... as a sequel MUST HAPPEN, this would be a method to get some press for the game, and other than the Eddy Riggs figurine, I don't have anything else to buy!!! I would think that DLC at a 400 points would sell well and bring some more gamers to the best new IP in the last decade (sharing that crown with Mass Effect)!

Support this idea, but you never look at the BL forumns anymore - comment anyways!!!!

I would too. Hell, it would be a good opportunity to finally release the patch.

Sadly I don't think this will ever happen. :coolmad:

I'd buy that for sure. Hey, make it a beer barrel run like in that single-player mission where you have to deliver the beer keg.

Would be fun...

But isn't EA the distributor? Chances are like zero, I fear.

I'm hoping after enough time passes DF will be able to get back full rights to Brutal Legend like they did with Psychoanuts.

I'm hoping after enough time passes DF will be able to get back full rights to Brutal Legend like they did with Psychoanuts.

The problem is, just like Psychoanuts, it'll probably just get a rerelease on Steam.

I'd buy that for sure. Hey, make it a beer barrel run like in that single-player mission where you have to deliver the beer keg.

Would be fun...

But isn't EA the distributor? Chances are like zero, I fear.

That would be an awesome mode - it would certainly restrict how you drive! IF there is a clause in the deal with EA relating to if & when Double Fine our get the rights back to Brutal Legend, I wonder how long it is?

I believe Tim has the rights now (at least, he could make BL2 if he has the funds), but maybe not to release any new content for the game without EA's cooperation...

if i ever strike it rich, i would totally fund a sequel,

becuase this shit is ridiclous, clearly there is alot of ppl who want more dlc/sequel to this, look on deviant art, /v/, youtube, here(obviously) there are plenty of people who would love to a sequel, i know quite alot of ppl who want new stuff for this game and a sequel in general, sure it might not net a couple million like COD, but honestly who really expects that?(oh wait, EA and BLIZARD-ACTIVISION) i mean they like to axe games that DONT make a ridiclous amount of sales, right now the publishers(or at least the big ones) are money hungry asshats who chew up dreams and spit them out, and they only execpt things that will make them even more rich, honestly how much would it hurt EA and its billions on making a game that isnt "generic shooter game 4" or "madden 40"? now ive been around the block abit, im going to learn coding, i know alot of people who code or will get into making code(video games) and it doesnt take a billion dollars to make a game, i remember when people jumpshit at plants vs zombies, angry birds and shit, well shit i know its not even remotely the same but those games made a fuck ton, and the orginal crew was made up of like 3-5 people(want to know how i know? go on newgrounds, its where reviewer and creator are BFF's) sure making a game with expert production value, famous voice work and many musical tracks WOULD take a burden of money, thus the reason we dont have a sequel, but in reality the game wasnt shown its true potential, the game got axed pretty fast for not having a quick start, if we had connected fanbase, less "dc'ers" and strong examples of the potential a player has, since ive seen alot of people on MP who either dont know what they are doing, or just make bad ideas, sure we lv 30s+ are NOT forgiving, we savor each battle like you were opening a bottle of wine from 50+ years ago, but the same thing is, that is what is hurting us, people play and go OH FUCK THIS, beacuse its not fun, not fun means no more rookies, no more rookies means no one but a select few of people play, I.E now,but anyways, we, the fans, need to step it up, we need to make a strong presence, on everything we go, we need to show people who dont play this game all the awesome parts, and have our lv 30s+ exemplify their power, showcasing that BL wasnt a hack and slash with mindless rts elements, as ever reviewer who is so damn jaded they cant get their headout of their asses. once we get a foothold on the internet and get more people playing, a surge of new ideas, stratgeys, playing archtypes, and the like will flood in, with new, fresh minds making up ideas on toppling foes, if we can get enough people playing, and i mean enough to warrent intrest, we might get a patch, and if lucky, a DLC(now that seems like a farcry right now, but we can do it) now if we can consistently keep this game relvent, making tournaments, broadcasting it on youtube,justin.tv,livestream, we could get enough votes for the petition, enough players wanting, and a bigger scene that tells EA, that "hey, remember us? we are the people who brought our fav game back from the void, without your help, i suggest you start helping DF make stuff for us, since their is alot of us now" i want to make them see the light that making video games should be about fun,art,story,gameplay, basically, making a art of of games, sure some people might oppose me on this, but isnt THIS game a great example of art? story, lore, music, all apart of art, the gameplay is splendid,art style is great, the lore is fanastic, now i could go on, but then i would start rambling, but the main point is that EA needs to wake the fuck up, sure they are having a slapping fight with activision(ooh do they raise my ire, far more than anyother) but both sides need to WAKE UP, and learn that this shit isnt nice, gamers dont like it when their fav devlopers get put out buisness by these big bullies, and that their fav games get butchered, to appeal to them, not the gamers. this is insanity, a world is being created, where gamers are being used as cattle to fund the same thing over and over again for all the WRONG reasons, and all the original, unique, peices of art, are dessicrated, left to rot, by these abominations called publishers(well, just the main ones, ive seen some bro publishers)we, the people who support them, need to learn who to support and who not, who will i support? DF, sure their publisher is EA, but do they create things that break away from EA's nazi regime of making copies? quite actually, so i would gladly fund them, i fund any devloper who i think isnt being a slave, the one who is willing doing what its master tells it to do. i just want a world, where publishers didnt have such a insane power of devlopers, make it the other way around, publishers should WANT people with original ideas to come up to them, should look at rehashes as "the hell is this?" attude, and promote orignallity. maybe im just insane and need to lay down, but maybe im not, maybe we need to stand out to make sure our voices are heard, we, the fans of Brutal legend, or of any game that is underated and left to rot, need to stand up and tell these bullies "hey go fuck yourself we want stuff for our game too" but to get back on the topic of brutal legend, we must showcase this game where and when, ive helped by making it clear of what we must do, now go my friends, and spread the glory of metal!

P.S thanks DoubleFine, you make fanastic games and you are nobody's bitch, good luck on making games, and hopefully, if you ever decide to dust this game and our ideas off, dont forget who came up with them

Cheers

Wowsers Domo, that post could use some paragraph breaks ;)

Being the victim of more than a few tl;dr's myself though (I've been a habitual long-post-er on some forums), I read through it. Generally agreed, profit seeking certainly has a tendency to ruin many things, but it's hard to avoid. People want to make ambitious, big games, but unless you can fund them yourself you pretty much have to bend to the will of publishers (unless you can find one who just wants to support real creativity and not control everything. Rare!) [edit: and of course, the fine people at Double Fine need money to feed their families and whatnot, like the rest of us]. Hollywood suffers similarly.

Independent development is ideal. Surely with platforms like Steam this is becoming more and more feasible. I agree that a game doesn't need a big team or budget to be successful or worthwhile. Smaller games like Costume Quest seem perfect for Steam and I hope they drum up the kind of interest and income required to self-finance larger games. Money is the bane of art.

Thats a long ass post! ^^

yeah but its worth every word, should read it

Let me note the important points:

*Many people want to see a sequel to this game [i'm sure DF also really wants to, too.]

*Publishers like EA and ActiBlizz only care about IPs that can be exploited/make lots of money.

*Games can be expensive to fund, but not enough to financially hurt major publishers.

*If we had a more connected/devoted fanbase, the game's outlook would look more attractive.

*Fans have to take action to convince the publishers to green-light a sequel and/or additional content.

*Brutal Legend's 'status' is contested between EA and Activision.

*Rant about how greedy publishers are holding games and new ideas back.

*You can't kill the metal. The metal will live on.

Also, please use paragraphs in the future. Just saying. 8-/

might want to translate that^ i think only you and me are only people who know french :D

might want to translate that^ i think only you and me are only people who know french :D
You speak French?

yerp

i tl;dr becuase it looked like bullshit

Sign in to follow this