Sign in to follow this  
Abby

Your thoughts of the Simpsons ending after 2 seasons?

Just wanted to bring this up because the news seems pretty recent, and I know that there are some people on this site who adore the Simpsons, or just want it to end after the episodes started to get stale. I personally think that it is sad, but it's for the best. They've been making episodes since 1989, even though I think it's impressive that they've been keeping this show on air with loads of episodes, it's a bad idea to keep going when you're running out of ideas and end up rushing the plot.

As for the contract, FOX agreed to do 2 more seasons and the actors also agreed to have a smaller salary. So, we get 2 more seasons. I might watch them for the heck of it and to see if they're even funny or just watch it. So, people of DFAF; what are your thoughts of the demise of the Simpsons? Is it good? Bad? Sad that they're gonna stop new episodes or glad? Opinions here people.

Some Articles:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/the-simpsons-facing-cancellation_n_993847.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/the-simpsons-facing-cancellation_n_993847.html

Huh, I hadn't heard about this. I guess it's about time. They've been on the air forever.

I hope to god it gets cancelled, its run its course, fox has just been beating whats left of the corpse for A looooong time. Get rid of it. It was a idiotic Idea anyway. The art is terrible, and the animation kills my eyes.

I thought the Simipsons movie was pretty funny... never really got into the show too much.

South Park, Futurama, and Robot Chicken are like the only animated shows that I ever look for on the TV guide nowadays.

I was a huge fan of the show when I was younger, but I never really watched any of the later seasons. But from what I've now seen, I'm relieved. Maybe it's just the nostalgia filter, but I don't much care for the newer episodes... so its end is probably for the best.

I grew up watching the Simpsons and I LOVED it. I'd guess it has had a profound effect on me. I'll be sad to watch it go, but I haven't really watched it in years. I'm sure the showrunners will be all set. They must have made quite a bit in their time working. I would hope so at least.

The most recent episode was quite good.

This was yesterday, am I correct? Balls, I missed it. I hope I can catch a rerun this week and watch the new episode next week.

The most recent episode was quite good.

This was yesterday, am I correct? Balls, I missed it. I hope I can catch a rerun this week and watch the new episode next week.

Check it out on hulu ^_^

I fill sad that the show is going to end, but it has been on for a long time.

The Simpsons is my favorite show. I'm happy it got renewed.