Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shimrod

Double Fine Extravaganza next week!!!

Double Fine hosts an event on October 14 with "multiple exciting announcements".

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/09/multiple-double-fine-announcements-coming-next-week.aspx

Some people on the internet got a little bit over-excited and took the 6 products as 6 new announcements.

I think, that's not the case: the "6 incredible products" mentioned are the six games that DF has produced so far and not the new announcements. The number of announcements hasn't been given, other than multiple.

Excited!!

One of the announcements is probably the PC version of Costume Quest. The game has been spotted on the Steam registry!

I can't wait, but ugh! I doubt they'll announce anything for Psychonauts 2, but I can't help myself to keep my hopes up! If not, maybe a Psychonauts HD. Besides of Psychonauts, I'm hoping to see what they have in store! I would like to see them do a 2D fighter or a party game (like Mario Party).

Not sure if you play joke or not but THIS IS STILL EXCITING SOMEBODY PLEASE COMMENT SOMETIHNG LIKE "DINNERORDIE17 I AGREE THIS IS EXCITING AND THIS PERSON IS NOT ACTUALLY JOKING IT IS TRUE"

Just one more day!

BTW. the domain Psychonauts2.com has been registered 2 days after the publishing rights went from Majesco back to Double Fine!

Does it mean there's hope for us Psychonaut fans?

http://www.whois.net/whois/psychonauts2.com

Oh god, now my hopes have become extremely high to the point I'm hyperventilating.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg?1308706844

All memes aside, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Not gonna lie, I was pretty downright pessimistic about the chances of a sequel. I'm glad to see there's some possibility!

But keep in mind that this musn't mean much. Oh, and I should clarify: you can't see who the holder of the website actually is.

That information is protected and private - it could be anybody. But the timing is interesting.

Oh man please let it be true... please please please let it be true... come on cosmos, you owe us this!

PLEASE be brutal legend news, I'll cream if it's either DLC or a sequel.

Oh god, tomorrow's the big day! We're probably gonna find out what's going to be announced somewhere around night time.

After looking at that poll from GameInformer, now I don't doubt that they WILL announce a sequel. I will scream in so much joy, that I'll break windows!

Hmmm. I reckon that there will be new DLC for Trenched (aka Iron Brigade) announced officially off the basis of this post on the Facebook wall (Oct 05) "Our communication hasn't been great because we're SUPER BUSY working on a DLC pack that is stuffed to the gills with awesome new stuff. How do you feel about a cannon whose shell sticks around after detonation and collects Scrap for you? IT'S COMING!".

With the time of year it is, I'd love some more Costume Quest. But there's also that secret game Ron Gilbert was supposed to be working on and the fervent hope that this announcement is Psychonauts 2. Very excited that we'll find out tonight!

When we will we get the news?

EDIT: I hope the journalists don't have to sign some kind of secrecy agreement :(

When we will we get the news?

EDIT: I hope the journalists don't have to sign some kind of secrecy agreement :(

Not sure, but I'm assuming they will give out the big news either at the middle of the afternoon or at night.

What about the journalists signing a secrecy agreement? Do you mean if they did sign it, they can't talk about whatever the announcements are gonna be about?

Anyway, hoping to see something up when I get home from school!

What about the journalists signing a secrecy agreement? Do you mean if they did sign it, they can't talk about whatever the announcements are gonna be about?

Exactly, this is an press event and often the journalists have to sign some kind of agreement not to write or speak about the announcements until a specific date.

This is killing me! I haven't been this excited since christmas 1997 (Nintendooo sixtyyy fooouuur!!)

EDIT: ..And the time is 11 PM here in Sweden. I have to hit the sack pretty soon.

Back from school, dah'ings~

Sad that I returned home, not seeing the announcements right away. Again, it takes a while, so might as wait and spam F5.

Exactly, this is an press event and often the journalists have to sign some kind of agreement not to write or speak about the announcements until a specific date.

If so, that would suck!

Yay, another post~!

Anyway, I heard from Milk that we'll get the announcements around 6:00pm Pacific time!

*lays down on a beach chair* So, we got around at least 2 hours at central time, so we'll find out about the news at 8:00pm.

As for the other times:

East Coast = 9:00pm

Mountain = 7:00pm

For now, let's talk and relax. B)

Sign in to follow this