Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shimrod

Double Fine Extravaganza next week!!!

Wonder if they could do Psychonauts 2 (or at least carry on the Psychonauts story) in episodic format? I think that could be fantastic. 5 episodes over a few months, it'd be like Christmas every time a new episode got released :D That would fit nicely with their new model of smaller, downloadable releases.

Remember, it's not like they posted about 6 exciting announcements on the Action News or anything. That pic was only sent to press emails, right? So we were never promised anything on Friday.

This is correct. The Extravaganza was a press event and the announcements were made for journalists only. So Double Fine haven't lied to anyone.

As I have said before, there is probably an embargo on the info and as soon as the embargo has expired we will get the super-awesome news !

Patience my friends!

:)

Also, that invite never said that they make 6 announcements. Only that they have 6 amazing products to show (obviously their 6 games they have produced so far!) *and* some exciting announcements. *NO NUMBER* has been attached to the announcements.

People were just reading it the wrong way.

There is far too much logic going on in this internet forum thread.

I do not approve.

We need to go back to the pointless speculation.

Also where the hell was the game Once Upon A Monster when I was 8 years old? I really want to play it, but also feel dirty for wanting to play it at my age.

Still crossing my fingers for Psychonauts 2.

..And I'm still crossing my fingers for Costume Quest 2, or more DLC. But I guess I would love a new Psychonauts as well, even if I haven't played the first game. Man, I gotta buy first Psychonauts as soon as I got some cash. The game looks amazing!

I'm crossing my fingers for Drenched. The soggy sequel to Trenched.

But the game is not called Trenched any more, it's called Iron Brigade :(

I'm crossing my fingers for Drenched. The soggy sequel to Trenched.

But the game is not called Trenched any more, it's called Iron Brigade :(

Well crap. Maybe it'll be called Dihydrogen Monoxide Squad.

I'm starting to think that DF isn't really announcing 6 things, Game Informer are just mistaken.

Most likely DF said they were going to have multiple announcements. But the majority were embargoed to the press and DF didn't tell the press that that was going to be the case.

Edit: edited to conform to Shimrod's info

Guys, I'm repeating myself but - they never said that they make 6 announcements.

They just said that they make multiple announcements.

PC ports for games I already own aren't that exciting. The Trenched DLC is probably gonna be a part of this as well. Here's hoping for some form of brand new content that isn't a port or hasn't already been announced.

As a casual PC gamer, long time Tim Schafer / Ron Gilbert fan and old school rocker, I'll be really excited if they announce Brütal Legend on PC. Double Fine would be Triple Fine then for me! :D

The Extravaganza was a press event and the announcements were made for journalists only. So Double Fine haven't lied to anyone.

As I have said before, there is probably an embargo on the info and as soon as the embargo has expired we will get the super-awesome news !

Patience my friends!

:)

Well, I've never said they lied to us or anything. I only said that by having all the Extravaganza only for press they missed the oportunity to create some hype and exitement for their announces. And if they really have anything super-awesome to announce - I think missing that oportunity is a big mistake.

Still, maybe there is nothing enteresting outside of some ports and DLC. That would explain the lack of hype.

There is far too much logic going on in this internet forum thread.

I do not approve.

We need to go back to the pointless speculation.

Also where the hell was the game Once Upon A Monster when I was 8 years old? I really want to play it, but also feel dirty for wanting to play it at my age.

Honestly, if you want it, just play it. I saw a giant bomb quick look and this looks like a game I can get into with or without kids. All I need is a really cheap deal on kinect.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIM

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE KINECT TROLL. It is a stain on the gaming industry.

Oh no, don't tell me Double Fine is mainly focusing on kids game on Kinect these days. Has Double Fine forgotten that most of us on the forum are 18-24.

Oh no, don't tell me Double Fine is mainly focusing on kids game on Kinect these days. Has Double Fine forgotten that most of us on the forum are 18-24.

Not just the forum, but that is one of gaming's biggest demos.

Aw. Well, I don't have a Kinect, (or even an Xbox for that matter) or a small child, so I'll be sitting this one out, as I did Once Upon A Monster. I love Double Fine and wish them the best in all their endeavors, but I hope they do another game I can play sometime, haha.

I think it's great that they are making games for kids. Because, you know, there are not enough games for kids -- and honestly, if there are not good games for kids, how can we expect them to want to play games when they are older?

I think it's great that they are making games for kids. Because, you know, there are not enough games for kids -- and honestly, if there are not good games for kids, how can we expect them to want to play games when they are older?

This doesn't look like just games for kids, this looks like the worst of the worst games for kids. SHOVELWARE. No company deserves to be lowered to making shovelware.

New Kinect game announced: Happy Action Theater. It’s said that it’s another game Tim did for his daughter.

Video:

http://www.giantbomb.com/welcome-to-double-fines-happy-action-theater/17-5081/

Not for me. I tried Sesame and it’s not for gamers but just for little kids. This seems the same way too :(

Wow. Now that looks like just like every bad game for motion controls ever made. Sesame Street at least had it's distinct style.

Sign in to follow this